Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 14, 2014, 01:33:19 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 14, 2014, 12:43:04 PM
Just when we thought it was safe now that Dixie/Gelns were on a ceasefire we now have the Kerry Zionist attacking anyone who doesn't share his love of Israel.
Any chance the Mods could issue a few black cards  ;D

Israel have committed war crimes and have treated the Palestinians abhorrently. The settlements are illegal. The IDF behave like thugs toward Palestinians. Ultra-Orthodox extremists exert an undue influence in Israeli society. I have no problem with sanctions against Israel if that moderates their position. Palestinians have as much of a right to live in Israel as jews. Discrimination against Palestinians is rife amongst Israelies. 

In fact, I will go a step further and make a statement which will surprise you. I wish the state of Israel did not exist. Yup. I actually said that. There is a reason , however, that the state of Israel must exist and if Seafoid ever has the guts to reply and clarify his "Europes Jewish problem" statement then you will see why.

So, that is my position on the state of Israel so now you need to explain how I am a zionist Rossfan.

I was going on the circumstantial evidence - if it quacks like a duck and all that.
If the above is a true reflection of your views then I'll go with that and say "Sheehy's not a Zionist because...see his comments above"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 14, 2014, 12:46:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 14, 2014, 12:32:01 PM
In fairness Mike, that's a bit out of order. Where is the proof of the Nazi sympathising or the Holocaust denials from the lads? As regards anti semitism, I'm sure they'd say they are anti Israel/Israeli policy as opposed to anti Jewish.

Fair enough. Lets hear them so, once and for all, unequivocally , in their own words with no quoted statements etc state their position on

1) The Barnes review
2) "Europes Jewish problem"

lets start with that and see where we go.

I know you lads think I am being too agressive and you are right, to an extent, however, it is a deliberate tactic to flush them out. I'm
tired of the quoting and the evasiveness
You never came back to me on the Apeldoorn Jewish mental hospital. Why is Anne Frank the poster child of the Holocaust in the Netherlands?
Europe had a Jewish problem- it never accepted Jews as equals until it was too late. Why ?
Europe also has a Roma problem today. Why can't they be accepted as the same as everyone else ? 

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on May 14, 2014, 04:52:06 PM
Mike, it is really sad that you and Glens have resorted to scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to satisfy both your in depth hatred towards me. What have I done on you or Glens that has warranted such a sustained attack on my character? To be honest, I expected nothing less from you, but to have an official Sinn Fein representative resort to lying about me and trying at every opportunity to tar me with a broad brush with ties to Anthony McIntyre, Priory Hall, the death of a resident, and the death of Ronan Kerr is beyond pathetic.

You went one better and tied me to Hitler, the Nazi's and holocaust denial. How can grown men resort to such childish behavior? Do you both get a kick out of attacking someones character by concocting untrue stories?

Given that we have now seen that it is official Sinn Fein policy to call everyone a tout in relation to the Boston Tapes, and then to throw the net out and tar anyone else they can think of that might have some remote connection to those involved is beyond pathetic. It's the work of immature people, not that of a party wishing people to take serious and put into Government to run the country.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to be ruled by a group of bully boys or thugs who have no problem sinking to any low in order to discredit someone who has a different view point from them. They are acting like a cult, not a democratic political party.  Sometimes it hard to tell the difference between here and North Korea.

Currently on this forum, across social media, and on many walls around West Belfast are claims of tout this and tout that. To the best of my knowledge, not one of these posters have had the courage or conviction to go onto Anthony McIntyres blog and pose those claims to him personally. It takes a coward to hide behind a computer and make false claims about someone. Anyone with an ounce of conviction would ask Anthony direct.

Mike, you missed the point of my argument with Glens. Proving that he was a liar was easy as he claimed I posted articles by Anthony McIntyre. I proved I didn't. However, that as I say was part of the issue. My main gripe was centered on how he tried to link me to Priory Hall, Ronan Kerr, the Boston Tapes, and the wild and dangerous claims that he made about my family. Given that I am publicy known on the forum and many posters personally know me and my family, he had no right or evidence to say what he said. This is what he said Mike in relation to my post on Sinn Fein fiddling expenses:

Quote from: glens abu on January 31, 2014, 04:00:42 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on January 31, 2014, 05:07:11 AM
Sinn Fein arn't behind the door when it comes to renting at "highly inflated" prices:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5301510/MPs-expenses-Sinn-Fein-claimed-500000-for-second-homes.html

You keep an eye on the brother in laws with the money down your part of the world Dixie.

Another occasion he had this to say:

Quote from: glens abu on April 13, 2014, 09:17:58 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on April 13, 2014, 09:07:25 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
QuoteOnce upon a time Sinn Fein stood for peace with justice.

Now they stand for votes........

THis is the kind of manure often associated with this topic. People want peace, and justice, so there is no great conflict between the two objectives.

Can you give us any examples of their quest for Justice?

mcGurks,Ballymurphy,Finucane for a start.Dublin and Monaghan,Loughinisland. How many do you want now tell us what causes the brother in laws are involved in.

These are scandalous claims to make, as I have said, given that I am publicly known, very dangerous claims to make. Claims that are baseless and without any merit. Again, this is an Official Representative of Sinn Fein.

Instead of you ploughing into the conversation with claims to tie me to Hitler and holocaust denial, maybe you could have found this open and frank admission by Anthony McIntyre about his role in Priory Hall and his employment with Tom McFeeley.

http://thepensivequill.am/2011/11/experience.html

Instead of fanning the flames of hatred and spite, you could have posted a comment from the comments section from a former resident who had this to say:

"Anthony,

As a resident (ex-resident!) of Priory Hall, I believe that you genuinely did attempt to resolve the problems which existed in the development.

Unfortunately the full extent of the problems only really came to light afterwards and they had their beginnings during the design and construction stage, of which you played no part.

While you were involved in Priory Hall, I maintained a small hope that things would improve. I had had significant dealings with two of your predecessors and when you came on board (for me your involvement started in The Marine Hotel in Sutton, Co. Dublin late one night) I thought there was a possibility that some level of real progress would be made.

For what it is worth, you always treated me with utmost respect and kept me informed of your progress on the site and the frustrations which you were encountering. I always found you to be approachable and always believed that you would take resident's comments (however helpful or unhelpful they may have been!) on board.

Wishing you and your family well for the future,
Paul."

And when you were at it you could have posted this article by his wife as she looked back on the murder by the IRA of Joe O'Connor in Belfast, and the brutal intimidation they received by the bully boys led by Bobby Storey. Very brave men indeed when in a group of thugs facing a pregnant woman.

http://thepensivequill.am/2013/10/killing-joe-oconnor.html#more

Instead of going onto the Liverpool thread to throw up the immoral decision by Sinn Fein to support Caterpillar, maybe Glens could have wrote a letter to Gerry Adams and asked him why he decided to support them despite the fact that ALL the members of Sinn Fein voted to boycott Caterpillar? And while he was at it, he could also have asked Gerry why Sinn Fein teamed up the TUV, UUP and DUP on Moyle council to scrap the historic twinning agreement with Gaza? After all, he claims to be a supporter of Palestine, and so do his party. They like to make political capital out of the Palestinians any chance they can, but when push comes to shove, they back away as they put their relationship with wealthy and powerful US politicians and capitalists first.

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal to others"

I have shown Glens up to be a liar, and now he is starting to bring Richard O'Rawe into his wild fantasies and link my name to Richard. He is ready to kick Richard up and down the road and claim all sorts of wild things about him. He has already stated as fact that Richards tape is full of lies. How does he know they are lies? Easy. Gerry and Sinn Fein told him. He hasn't an IQ high enough to figure it out for himself.

The continued use of the word tout is disgusting, wether it is in relation to me or others. I am old enough to know what it means, and what it means to people accused of been one. It is a word from a dark time in our history that should have been consigned to the dustbin years ago. Sinn Fein can't string 2 sentences together without saying "Peace Process" 10 times. Yet, here we have an official representative repeating the word and allegations on a repeated basis. He is only repeating what the leadership is repeatedly saying. It is beyond pathetic. It is in fact very dangerous and threatening. And they claim they are fit for Government?

Mary Lou and Gerry made political hay out of supporting the whistle blowers in the Gardi. How do you think they would react if the leader of Fine Gael or Finna Fail were to send out a tweet calling them touts?

Currently in 10 different locations across West Belfast there is graffiti calling people and the Boston project touts. Sinn Fein have yet to say one single word about it other than to encourage it. They were quick to condemn the graffiti in east Belfast against the Polish, and they were tripping over themselves to condemn the banner on Black Mountain calling for "One Ireland, one vote"

As I have previously stated, I have no connection with Anthony McIntyre. However, I will not stand by and watch as Sinn Fein officials and politicians take to the airwaves, internet and walls in an attempt to discredit me or others and use the word tout like its going out of fashion. What sort of person would I be if I just sat in silence and said nothing? Sinn Fein would rather a lot of people sat back and shut up. I am not one of them.

Sinn Fein like to call their opponents "people masquerading a republicans". What we have seen from them on here and elsewhere is that it is they who are masquerading as republicans. Their actions, and that of their official representative on here is not only an insult to me and others, but an insult to humanity. Shame on them for what they are doing, and continuing to do.

oh my God what a rant,don't be leaving the sinking ship now Dixie you can't come on here after months quoting from McIntyre's rag and now when he and his band of men are in hiding because of the shame you want to deny them.They are a disgrace and are being shunned within the Republican/Nationalistt community,now I don't agree with graffiti being painted on walls but sometimes it's hard to suppress people's anger and if is the only way they can show it who can blame them.The one good thing about this dabate you are no longer hiding behind McIntyre's pettycoat but have at least been honest showing your hatred for the Shinners.Good luck with that you are in good company.//

Owenmoresider

Quote from: glens abu on May 10, 2014, 02:56:29 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 10, 2014, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 08:31:43 PM
Why is it that anyone who disagrees with something Sinn Fein say or do they are automatically labelled. They are either a dissident, anti peace process, a drunk, not well, opposed to change, looking to drag us back to the dark days, etc etc? Is Sinn Fein right all the time and the rest of the people wrong? Is no one allowed to think for themselves and make up their own mind on things instead of believing everything that Sinn Fein tell them to believe?

As a representative of Sinn Fein you do yourself and your party no favors on this site. You continually call people names and show zero respect for any of your political opponents. How you come across on this site is no different to what the leadership showed us at the weekend. Once you deviate away from the Sinn Fein spin, the veil slips and we see you and the parties true colours. There are a few others on here that are not members of Sinn Fein that can defend the party and their politicians with more respect and dignity than you could ever hope to. Maybe you could learn from them.
+1

Four years since you last posted on this board,what do you know about me to agree with that rant?
Just because I didn't post in that time doesn't mean I didn't read anything here. Have seen enough of your work in this and related threads to conclude that those parts of his post certainly ring true. Petty, snide, sneering, juvenile, blinkered, all words which would adequately describe your posts for me, can't see past anything that SF tells you is fact.

glens abu

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 14, 2014, 07:57:17 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 10, 2014, 02:56:29 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 10, 2014, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 08:31:43 PM
Why is it that anyone who disagrees with something Sinn Fein say or do they are automatically labelled. They are either a dissident, anti peace process, a drunk, not well, opposed to change, looking to drag us back to the dark days, etc etc? Is Sinn Fein right all the time and the rest of the people wrong? Is no one allowed to think for themselves and make up their own mind on things instead of believing everything that Sinn Fein tell them to believe?

As a representative of Sinn Fein you do yourself and your party no favors on this site. You continually call people names and show zero respect for any of your political opponents. How you come across on this site is no different to what the leadership showed us at the weekend. Once you deviate away from the Sinn Fein spin, the veil slips and we see you and the parties true colours. There are a few others on here that are not members of Sinn Fein that can defend the party and their politicians with more respect and dignity than you could ever hope to. Maybe you could learn from them.
+1

Four years since you last posted on this board,what do you know about me to agree with that rant?
Just because I didn't post in that time doesn't mean I didn't read anything here. Have seen enough of your work in this and related threads to conclude that those parts of his post certainly ring true. Petty, snide, sneering, juvenile, blinkered, all words which would adequately describe your posts for me, can't see past anything that SF tells you is fact.

:-*

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on May 14, 2014, 05:31:47 PM
You never came back to me on the Apeldoorn Jewish mental hospital. Why is Anne Frank the poster child of the Holocaust in the Netherlands?
Europe had a Jewish problem- it never accepted Jews as equals until it was too late. Why ?
Europe also has a Roma problem today. Why can't they be accepted as the same as everyone else ? 

I DID come back to you on Apeldoorn.Here was my response

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 26, 2014, 12:45:24 AM
What is the significance of Appeldoorn ? I think you are justifying anti-Semitism on the basis of how jews treated fellow jews with mental illness  ? That is a strange justification.

I honestly don't know what the significance of Apeldoorn is for you. The only thing I could think of is that you disapproved of the way Jewish people put other Jewish people in shoddy mental hospitals, is that it ?????  why don't you explain the significance of Apeldoorn as you see it. (Here is the link Seafoid posted so that others know what we are talking about)
http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/nazioccupation/apeldoornsebos.html

Anne Frank was a 15 year old girl who kept a diary while desperately trying to hide out from Nazis and who, ultimately died in a concentration camp. This strikes a chord with people. It doesn't mean other victims are lesser, it is simply a heartbreaking story. Did you really need me to explain that to you ?

As for this weak , obtuse response
"Europe had a Jewish problem- it never accepted Jews as equals until it was too late. Why ? "

Why can't you just speak the truth plainly...Europes "jewish problem" was a lot more than "equality" there is a big differnence between simply treating people as inferior and wanting to wipe them from the face of the earth. Vicious anti-Semitism was and still is the problem. Why are people anti-Semite ?....beats the hell out of me, you are in a better position to answer that question. The origins, of course, were the usual stupid religious reasons , Christ killer etc, etc....   

Now, just so it is explicit, I am making the following statement
"Europes 'Jewish problem' is the problem of irrational hatred by anti-semites. The jewish people themselves have no case to answer. There is no worldwide jewish conspiracy."

I'm sure you can agree on that statement ?

Finally, I am glad you brought up the Roma because there are many parallels between their story and the persecution of the jews. I can assure you wholeheartedly that if someone had posted over 3000 posts on other websites as well as 100's of posts on gaaboard about the Roma I would come down on them like a tonne of bricks as well. I would be very suspicious about why they would be so obsessed with the Roma in particular. Those are the key words...it is the particularity of your obsession that troubles me. It is not rational.

Now, what are your views on "The Barnes Review"......? Would you consider that to be an anti-Semitic site and would be agree that anyone quoting from that site is an anti-Semite (or, at the very least,  it is STRONGLY suggestive of an anti-Semitic viewpoint)

Mike Sheehy

Mike, it is really sad that you and Glens have resorted to scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to satisfy both your in depth hatred towards me. What have I done on you or Glens that has warranted such a sustained attack on my character? To be honest, I expected nothing less from you,

I don't know you from Adam and my interactions with you are purely to do with what you post on here so spare me the drama.
I am glad you "expected nothing less " from me. I take pride in exposing your true colours.

You went one better and tied me to Hitler, the Nazi's and holocaust denial. How can grown men resort to such childish behavior? Do you both get a kick out of attacking someones character by concocting untrue stories?

No, you tied yourself to Hitler, the Nazis and the holocaust. All I did was flush you out into the open.

give her dixie

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 15, 2014, 12:20:13 AM
Mike, it is really sad that you and Glens have resorted to scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to satisfy both your in depth hatred towards me. What have I done on you or Glens that has warranted such a sustained attack on my character? To be honest, I expected nothing less from you,

I don't know you from Adam and my interactions with you are purely to do with what you post on here so spare me the drama.
I am glad you "expected nothing less " from me. I take pride in exposing your true colours.

No, you tied yourself to Hitler, the Nazis and the holocaust. All I did was flush you out into the open.

You would have made some detective during the Nuremberg Trials. 
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Police briefed Gerry Adams on paedophile brother Liam's case before trial: claim

The Police Ombudsman is investigating an allegation that Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams was briefed by police about details of the case against his paedophile brother before he gave evidence against him at trial.

The Belfast Telegraph understands that the Ombudsman is probing a claim that details of the PSNI investigation into Liam Adams, who was later found guilty of raping and sexually abusing his daughter, were discussed by a police officer with the Sinn Fein leader before he gave evidence against his brother at a Crown Court trial.

If the allegation was to be upheld, it could result in the officer being disciplined and could also constitute contempt of court.

Gerry Adams gave evidence for the prosecution during his brother's trial in April last year. That trial collapsed, but Liam Adams was found guilty during a second trial of raping and sexually assaulting his daughter, Aine Dahlstrom, when she was aged between four and nine in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Gerry Adams was not called to give evidence during the second trial.

Liam Adams was handed a 16- year sentence, half of which he is expected to spend behind bars.

The Belfast Telegraph has learned that in recent weeks Liam Adams' second wife Bronagh made a complaint to the Police Ombudsman's office alleging that information about the PSNI investigation was discussed with the Sinn Fein president ahead of trial.

It has also been claimed that details of the case were discussed by an officer during a public meeting.

A source close to the Liam Adams investigation said that the west Belfast man's wife made the complaint as she believed it led to an unfair trial.

If upheld, it is understood that the complaint to the Police Ombudsman could form part of the basis of Liam Adams' appeal against his conviction.

The Police Ombudsman could not go into any details about the complaint as the investigation is ongoing, but a spokesman said: "We received a complaint that information about an ongoing police investigation was discussed with a witness in the case and also at a public meeting."

He added: "The Police Ombudsman is now investigating that complaint."

The PSNI said it would be inappropriate to comment on the complaint as it is under investigation by the Police Ombudsman.

The Belfast Telegraph attempted to contact Gerry Adams, but he was not available for comment.

DUP Policing Board member Jonathan Craig described the Ombudsman probe as a worrying development.

He said: "I do not want to prejudice the Ombudsman's investigation but it would be an incredibly worrying development if it was upheld.

"The Ombudsman must investigate every aspect of what is alleged to have occurred, especially to discover whether this alleged exchange was instigated by the police or by Gerry Adams."

In a separate probe, the Police Ombudsman is also investigating if detectives properly examined whether Gerry Adams covered up his brother's crimes by not telling police for nine years that Liam Adams had confessed to child sex abuse.

In 2011 PSNI officers recommended that the Public Prosecution Service take no action against the Sinn Fein president.

Both the first and the second completed trial raised serious questions for Gerry Adams. It emerged that as far back as 1987 the Sinn Fein leader was aware of the abuse allegation against his brother – an allegation Liam Adams denied that same year when confronted by his brother in Buncrana, Co Donegal.

Giving evidence during the first trial, Mr Adams told the court that in 2000 Liam Adams admitted to him he had sexually assaulted his daughter on one occasion.

It was not until 2009 that Gerry Adams told police about Liam Adams' partial confession.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/police-briefed-gerry-adams-on-paedophile-brother-liams-case-before-trial-claim-30271996.html
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

glens abu

Opinion polls really worrying a lot of people. ;D ;D ;D ;)

screenexile

Anybody watch that clueless dickhead Pat Sheehan last night on Nolan?

He got completely spanked by Donaldson and Nolan... Far be it from me to say anything positive about Donaldson but I thought he was actually right last night and tried to stay on the issue whereas Sheehan kept talking about the UVF and the fact the DUP/Robinson wouldn't condemn them coming into an election when clearly Robinson did yesterday!!

glens abu

Steady boys,don't be getting nervous  :-[ :-[ sure it will be alright on the night.Plenty of "Independent Republicans" to vote for. ::)

AZOffaly

Here's a question for people who are not comfortable voting Sinn Fein, up north specifically. Is the SDLP a viable alternative, or the Alliance? Or would you consider voting for a Unionist Party? Or is it a case of an independent or spoiling a vote? The choice in the south seems to be much wider (albeit they are all gobshites), whereas up north it seems you have to make a serious jump not to vote for the party that probably is closest to your heart in terms of the political sityiatshun.

glens abu

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 15, 2014, 10:14:45 AM
Here's a question for people who are not comfortable voting Sinn Fein, up north specifically. Is the SDLP a viable alternative, or the Alliance? Or would you consider voting for a Unionist Party? Or is it a case of an independent or spoiling a vote? The choice in the south seems to be much wider (albeit they are all gobshites), whereas up north it seems you have to make a serious jump not to vote for the party that probably is closest to your heart in terms of the political sityiatshun.

I cant answer that as obviously I vote SF but would say a lot would find it hard to vote Unionist because of their constant bigotted statements.NI21 might be an option now for some as they appear fairly moderate.We noticed at the last count those who voted for the RNU,Eirigi or IRSP were transferring to SDLP in certain areas which was a bit of a surprise as the SDLP have attacked ex-pows on many occasions and a lot of these groups made up of ex-pows but maybe that was just an anti Shinner thing.Think the Alliance might suprise a few people in this election and poll well.Having said that I am finding on the canvas the only real problem we are having is the abortion issue other than that the support has been unreal so just hope it converts to votes next Thursday.

AZOffaly

I think Sinn Fein could be huge gainers on both sides of the border this month.