Thomas Davis Lose

Started by dublinfella, December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2008, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2008, 11:28:53 PM

Whatever you think about Rovers, the people of Tallaght have a right to have a soccer team that competes in the LOI

I don't get that, MS. I might as well argue that the people of East Meath have the right to have a local horse running in the Grand National.
If the horses entrance fee is paid and meets the minimum standards then you can argue. Aren't you Meath guys good at punching above your weight. ;)
Tallaght is a good location for an Irish soccer club competing in the league. In general I'm fed up with the obsession with English soccer, always was. If you follow soccer, then for me Irish soccer comes first. If you follow English soccer exclusivly then why not follow the English team, it's a natural progression.
Rovers are a members owned club of long standing they will make good use out of this facility, they are not a manufactured club like Dublin City. They will re establish their position as a stable popular club in the professional league and do it in Tallaght.
As regards to the established criteria for dividing up the crumbs that fall off the Celtic Tiger table for sports facilities, I believe this stadium does not fall into that area.
It was designed as a soccer stadium, Rovers went bankrupt, Council took it over - TD made their case, they lost, time to move on and let the soccer club do whatever they do.