Seafood, you are such an intellect.

I love the way auto-correct changes Seafoid to Seafood:D
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 15, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
Seafood, you are such an intellect.

I love the way auto-correct changes Seafoid to Seafood:D

No autocorrect. I christained seafood a long time ago.

bogball88

Was over in Vienna for the game. Great result, first half performance was iffy at best. McClean has really come of age. Dont know what it looked like on the TV but was an unreal atmosphere, must have been 4K Irish there between the away end and those who got tickets for the away end. Avoid defeat against Wales next and depending on other results should at least be a top 2 finish

Maroon Manc

Great result against Austria and puts us in a great position to qualify. I'd be more than happy to draw both games against Wales although if we can beat them in March their as good as gone. 23 points should certainly guarantee qualification although as long as the best 4 teams in the group continue to take points off each other it could be as low as 20.

Last game is away to Wales, lets hope its over by then.

I never realised Nathan Redmond is eligible to play for Ireland, he'll end up getting a few caps for England at some point and that will be it for his international career.

seafoid

It's great to see O'Neill making something out of the individuals. That hasn't happened for a good while, maybe since McCarthy?
The way foreign journalists talk about the team is very encouraging.

Fuzzman

It would be nice to get this Scott Hogan lad to play for Ireland too. He's top scorer in the championship at the moment but it doesn't sound like he's too keen to play international football at the moment.

Was listening to Johnny Giles last night and he was saying how poor the other teams are and that we should be pushing ourselves to win this group. If we came 2nd we could end up getting a much harder team in the playoffs.

stew

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 18, 2016, 12:57:46 PM
It would be nice to get this Scott Hogan lad to play for Ireland too. He's top scorer in the championship at the moment but it doesn't sound like he's too keen to play international football at the moment.

Was listening to Johnny Giles last night and he was saying how poor the other teams are and that we should be pushing ourselves to win this group. If we came 2nd we could end up getting a much harder team in the playoffs.

Ffs win the group and quit groveling and thinking like a loser!

The group is there to be won, take it!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bogball88

Gareth Bale undergoing ankle surgery this week as well-expected to be out for 3-4 months. Welsh game in Dublin is 24th March

ashman

Quote from: bogball88 on November 24, 2016, 04:31:18 PM
Gareth Bale undergoing ankle surgery this week as well-expected to be out for 3-4 months. Welsh game in Dublin is 24th March

If he misses it will confirm my view that Martin O Neill is the luckiest international manager in history .

ashman

Watched Dundalk tonight and was their worst performance in Europe this year TBH .  They were poor in the final third .

An Watcher

Dingell have complained all year about playing too many games.  I think they were just too rusty tonight having not had enough games.  Funny how things pan out

ashman

Quote from: An Watcher on November 24, 2016, 11:00:06 PM
Dingell have complained all year about playing too many games.  I think they were just too rusty tonight having not had enough games.  Funny how things pan out

Ya .  Think they are burnt out TBH . 

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...