FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Pleasantly surprised by the performance and result.Hope the job is finished in Dublin on Monday night

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2015, 09:47:44 PM
Pleasantly surprised by the performance and result.Hope the job is finished in Dublin on Monday night

You can jump back on our bandwagon if we do.  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: ballinaman on November 13, 2015, 11:34:40 AM
Mon Ireland...a solid 1-1 victory for us will do nicely. I hope the players know how important these 2 games are...dictating my summer holidays next year.

Always rely on us for a draw!

SHEEDY

Nothing to fear on monday, they are poor. Hopefully we can finish the job.
nil satis nisi optimum

T Fearon

Bandwagon? My first Ireland game was in 1977,Giles,Mulligan,Brady,Heighway,O'Leary,etc.Thats how long I've been "on the bandwagon"

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2015, 10:00:19 PM
Bandwagon? My first Ireland game was in 1977,Giles,Mulligan,Brady,Heighway,O'Leary,etc.Thats how long I've been "on the bandwagon"

Yes, but you've been parading NI Jersey the last while and proclaiming your Northern Irishness (which i have no problem with)!  I realise you were on the Bandwagon previously and just that you might want to jump back on (which I also have no problem with).  ;)

highorlow

I didn't see the lads put a foot wrong in that 2nd half.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

StGallsGAA

I expect they remember you well!  ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on November 13, 2015, 09:40:22 PM
Best display by Ireland this campaign
They should have been able to hang onto 1 -0 though. Sloppy defending.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 13, 2015, 10:06:48 PM

Yes, but you've been parading NI Jersey the last while and proclaiming your Northern Irishness (which i have no problem with)!  I realise you were on the Bandwagon previously and just that you might want to jump back on (which I also have no problem with).  ;)
For stability purposes you might need to add a few extra lads on the side opposite Fearon.

dec

Your first Northern Ireland game was in 1967.

T Fearon

Correct.On the pitch that day were Best,Jennings,Law and three of the Lisbon Lions,Gemmell,Simpson and Wallace.That was when football was football.

From the Bunker

BennyCake

Keogh was MOTM. How the hell could you pick a MOTM if you couldn't even see the ball?

ballinaman

Park the bus on Monday night. A horrendous 0-0 will do nicely.