FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: general on October 28, 2014, 10:14:29 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2014, 08:54:06 AM
Quote from: general on October 28, 2014, 08:31:42 AM
Looking like there will be irish all throught the stadium :- with the FAI only offered approx 3,000 tickets. The Scottish FA are selling tickets, 5 of us sitting in upper north
Got 2 for lower lions stand yesterday of SFA. Still haven't got a yay or nay email from FAI. Still might end up getting them though.

FAI are a joke, as are the Scottish FA. Why did they only award us 3000 when there letting Irish fans buy from there website? Where did you get your accommodation sorted ballinaman? We had to settle for a hotel 5 mile outa glasgow, seems decent, cheap as chips.(Best Western Garfield House)
Hope ther will be a few Irish staying in it, hope we dont regret staying at the airport hotels.
The Scottish FA can at least operate a points system for away tickets whereby regular away travellers have first dibs on tickets. The FAI clearly aren't able to do that or just couldn't be bothered. Some way to treat your regular customers.

Main Street

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2014, 07:39:41 AM
Quote from: red hander on October 26, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney
Can they do anything right?
I thought usually the away supporters were allowed to have about 9% of the allotted tickets, but I see the home association are only required  by the regulations to make 5% of their tickets available for visiting fans.
Even the FAI can't do miracles.
Is there not ia system of sorts that the FAI operate for fans wanting tickets to the away games and for sure a supporter who made the trip to Georgia shouldn't have a VIP priority over somebody else who has been going to away games for years.

Sidney

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2014, 02:58:02 PM
Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney
I thought usually the away supporters were allowed to have about 9% of the allotted tickets, but I see the home association are only required  by the regulations to make 5% of their tickets available for visiting fans.
Is there not ia system of sorts that the FAI operate for fans wanting tickets to the away games and for sure a supporter who made the trip to Georgia shouldn't have a VIP priority over somebody else who has been going to away games for years.
There isn't a proper system. It's nudge nudge, wink wink. Pretty much all the regular away travellers (and I'm not including myself in that as I'd usually only do one away trip per campaign), people who have gone to Georgia, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Russia, summer friendlies in the US etc have been shafted. That kind of stuff is not on.

ballinaman

Looking like there will be irish all throught the stadium :- with the FAI only offered approx 3,000 tickets. The Scottish FA are selling tickets, 5 of us sitting in upper north
Got 2 for lower lions stand yesterday of SFA. Still haven't got a yay or nay email from FAI. Still might end up getting them though.

FAI are a joke, as are the Scottish FA. Why did they only award us 3000 when there letting Irish fans buy from there website? Where did you get your accommodation sorted ballinaman? We had to settle for a hotel 5 mile outa glasgow, seems decent, cheap as chips.(Best Western Garfield House)
Hope ther will be a few Irish staying in it, hope we dont regret staying at the airport hotels.
Staying in McClays guest house in city centre..supposed to be a kip but I'll prob only bit there to rest the head for a few hours on Friday night. Booked it last Feb. There is about 6-8 in our group who go usually, booked Warsaw accomo and apartment for game in Faro this time next year already. No harm to get on the ball early.
Out of the 8 of us who went to Tibilisi...none have got a ticket off the FAI, I still haven't got an email of rejection even FFS...we all i Lisbon lions upper and lower.

general

Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2014, 04:38:49 PM

Staying in McClays guest house in city centre..supposed to be a kip but I'll prob only bit there to rest the head for a few hours on Friday night. Booked it last Feb. There is about 6-8 in our group who go usually, booked Warsaw accomo and apartment for game in Faro this time next year already. No harm to get on the ball early.
Out of the 8 of us who went to Tibilisi...none have got a ticket off the FAI, I still haven't got an email of rejection even FFS...we all i Lisbon lions upper and lower.

Aye ya's r on the ball alright! I don't think there was this much fuss or hassle in getting tickets for the euro's, be it the 1st game or 2nd game we had a chance of qualifying, the 3rd against Italy wasn't hard at all obviously as we were already out. A points system would surely go down well that's for sure, maybe this fuss will get the FAI to take there fingers out!

Really looking forward to Celtic park, just hope everyone behaves themselves, its literally gonna be a mixed stadium. Good job its not in ibrox anyway

ballinaman

Quote from: general on October 28, 2014, 05:29:28 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2014, 04:38:49 PM

Aye ya's r on the ball alright! I don't think there was this much fuss or hassle in getting tickets for the euro's, be it the 1st game or 2nd game we had a chance of qualifying, the 3rd against Italy wasn't hard at all obviously as we were already out. A points system would surely go down well that's for sure, maybe this fuss will get the FAI to take there fingers out!

Really looking forward to Celtic park, just hope everyone behaves themselves, its literally gonna be a mixed stadium. Good job its not in ibrox anyway
Ah we take it in turns to do the booking, I had to do the Tbilisi trip so that's me done for the rest of the group, lads will look after the rest...just need to turn up. Handy way of doing it if you get a group going. There was a type of credits system before the new portal was set up last year, they've basically wiped everyones history and starting from scratch now which is a bit harsh.
Never been to Glasgow meself, get in about 11.30am on the Friday....training leaving London Euston at 5.30am! :o
Heard the Louden bar near Ibrox is worth a look for a few pints and to make sure to wear the Irish jersey out on the piss the night of the game... :P

T Fearon

Reckon they should re open Bairds Bar for the night! I reckon Irish support could outnumber the Scots as loads of Celtic fans will have bought tickets to support Ireland.

In Glasgow the following Friday as well for Celtic AGM,bound to be plenty of Craic with the events of recent months.Can be heated enough when both Scottish League and Cup trophies are in the room and a Champions League campaign is in progress!

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2014, 10:15:19 PM
Reckon they should re open Bairds Bar for the night! I reckon Irish support could outnumber the Scots as loads of Celtic fans will have bought tickets to support Ireland.

In Glasgow the following Friday as well for Celtic AGM,bound to be plenty of Craic with the events of recent months.Can be heated enough when both Scottish League and Cup trophies are in the room and a Champions League campaign is in progress!
No danger of a CL campaign breaking out before that Friday.

red hander

Apparently FAI did seek allocation of 10 per cent off SFA for quid pro quo at Lansdowne Road, but this was strongly opposed by Strachan. I bit bullet and bought SFA ticket in Lisbon Lions lower, which looks like it will be filled by our fans anyway ... but still a pisser that, as a regular traveller, I and many others got stiffed by our own association

T Fearon

Still seems to be plenty of tickets on SFA website.At this stage I'd much prefer a good seat anywhere at either side rather than behind goals with one's own fans.

Babe Ruth 47

Just picked up 5 tickets on the Sottish FA site for the Lisbon Lions Lower. We are doing two nights in Glasgow finishing with a night in Newcastle.

T Fearon

No more tickets for FAI,ironically due to Irish fans inflating demand by buying tickets directly from SFA website.If you do have a few extra quid I do recommend the hospitality lounge/leather seat package available on the Celtic website at £125.00.

Wouldn't despair,as I'd say there'll be plenty of tickets available outside Celtic Park on the day of the game.

Main Street

Quote from: Sidney on October 28, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
There isn't a proper system. It's nudge nudge, wink wink. Pretty much all the regular away travellers (and I'm not including myself in that as I'd usually only do one away trip per campaign), people who have gone to Georgia, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Russia, summer friendlies in the US etc have been shafted. That kind of stuff is not on.
The FAI have had a system for distributing away tickets for years and still have. They have a list of away game regulars who are top of the queue for tickets. Though some things got lost in the distribution of tickets for this game.

seafoid

It's not very often that you get an honest heartfelt opinion from someone in medialand about the media circus but Martin O'Neill did it the other day 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/european-championships/martin-oneill-hits-out-at-criticism-from-rt-panel-i-havent-taken-eamon-seriously-for-25-years-30711044.html
"I don't take what Eamon says seriously, absolutely not for 25 years now," said O'Neill. "I have to tell you this, I'm going to say this to you, I couldn't care less, I really could not, genuinely couldn't care. It's people's jobs to do it, it's my job to be the manager and it's just that I have to . . . I have to seem to justify everything. I'm not here to justify selection. My justification is to try and get results somewhere along the way."

I wish someone would do the same for Spillane

seafoid

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2014/1110/658193-mcqueen-wants-horrible-reception-for-irish-duo/

Former Scotland player Gordon McQueen is hoping Republic of Ireland stars James McCarthy and Aiden McGeady receive a "horrible reception" in Friday's Euro 2016 qualifier at Celtic Park.

McQueen has spoken of his anger at the duo playing for Ireland, having been born in Glasgow.

McGeady played schools football for Scotland, but switched allegiance to Ireland as he qualified via Irish grandparents. McCarthy also opted to represent Ireland instead of the Scots.

McQueen said: "I hope they get a horrible reception because they deserve it. I've got no time for these players.