The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Over the Bar

You just know if Dirk Kuyt worked on a buliding site he'd be the hard-grafting labourer type.

AZOffaly

And he'd be paid as a brickie, but would be away mixing mortar for hours on end, diverting attention while the apprentice would be up in space he created, piling up the rows.

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/

QuoteLiverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has opened discussions with one of Kuwait's richest families.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 22, 2009, 10:45:34 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/

QuoteLiverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has opened discussions with one of Kuwait's richest families.

Interesting.....
Nothing we haven't heard before though,I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for something to happen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

In relation to the Juventus bid for Kuyt, while about half of the reports are saying its for €30m, the other half put it at £10m - which clearly is the more sensible figure.

Hamburg made a bid of £10m for Kuyt in the summer and Liverpool said they'd only sell for £16m. So any bids that do come in will undoubtedly be in that range.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2009, 08:17:23 AM
In relation to the Juventus bid for Kuyt, while about half of the reports are saying its for €30m, the other half put it at £10m - which clearly is the more sensible figure.

Hamburg made a bid of £10m for Kuyt in the summer and Liverpool said they'd only sell for £16m. So any bids that do come in will undoubtedly be in that range.

Irrelevant anywaym, he won't be sold.

anportmorforjfc

was there really any bids for dirk shite?

corn02

Gabriel_Hurl

I believe the £28 million figure was transfer fee and wages

£15m for the fee and £13m for wages over 5 years

Over the Bar

Interesting.....
Nothing we haven't heard before though,I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for something to happen

Still it must be nice to see that a Billionaire who actually has some money this time is interested!

Gabriel_Hurl

brokencrossbar1

I see Liverpool have been saved the bombscare that is Emile Heskey returning.  Seeing as we will be getting rid of one other skill merchant in Kuyt it would have been a shame to invest in another.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 23, 2009, 03:17:10 PM
I see Liverpool have been saved the bombscare that is Emile Heskey returning.  Seeing as we will be getting rid of one other skill merchant in Kuyt it would have been a shame to invest in another.

Of course Kuyt isn't there for skill. Pennant has a lot of skill, worked out well.