The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasmatazz:)

Im a wee bit sad that Sami keeky bobo is not playing as he is one off the weakest link 's & corn02 feel's sorry for him , Ahh well we still have Jamie Carragher playing for them , still hope of the pool to go out as he is a wick defender and player . Come on thee french and see u boys on sat launch time , then u guys can watch some football being play from the prem and euro champs

AKA The Rassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: slow corner back on September 08, 2008, 09:11:19 PM
How is this ruling affecting the other english clubs? I cannot see Chelsea or Arsenal having too many home grown acadamy products in the top 25? Must be a few other high profile players left out.

Chelsea's squad is not that big so the only casualty was Scott Sinclair. Even though Sinclair could've been classed as a club trained player his spells on loan made him ineligable for this criteria.

A List
Petr Cech
Branislav Ivanovich
Ashley Cole
Michael Essien
Ricardo Carvalho
Frank Lampard
Franco Di Santo
Joe Cole
Didier Drogba
Michael Ballack
Florent Malouda
José Bosingwa
Wayne Bridge
Paulo Ferreira
Deco
Salomon Kalou
Carlo Cudicini
John Terry
Alex
Juliano Belletti
Nicolas Anelka
Henrique Hilario

B List
John Mikel Obi
Rhys Taylor
Sam Hutchinson
Michael Mancienne
Miroslav Stoch
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

doire na raithe

So what way does everyone think saturday is gonna go? I think Rafa has been somewhat let off the hook a little with Gerard and Torres out. With a full team I think there would have been a lot of pressure to finally get a win over UTD but now I think expectations have been lowered. Keane needs a big performance but I can't see it happening, The usual 1-0 lose would be my unfortunate prediction.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on September 09, 2008, 12:48:16 AM
Im a wee bit sad that Sami keeky bobo is not playing as he is one off the weakest link 's & corn02 feel's sorry for him , Ahh well we still have Jamie Carragher playing for them , still hope of the pool to go out as he is a wick defender and player . Come on thee french and see u boys on sat launch time , then u guys can watch some football being play from the prem and euro champs

AKA The Rassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anyone got a translation for that?

Hound

Quote from: doire na raithe on September 09, 2008, 01:18:24 AM
So what way does everyone think saturday is gonna go? I think Rafa has been somewhat let off the hook a little with Gerard and Torres out. With a full team I think there would have been a lot of pressure to finally get a win over UTD but now I think expectations have been lowered. Keane needs a big performance but I can't see it happening, The usual 1-0 lose would be my unfortunate prediction.
If its anything like recent games against United, Keane or Torres won't get a kick, because they won't get any service.  Liverpool need to attack the full backs and thus get the centre backs turned. Give them something to worry about, rather than the usual afternoon stroll they have when Liverpool try and play everything down the middle.

Interesting that Gerrard has ruled himself out, even though he's back in training. Without a warm-up game he believes he won't be 100% and therefore its not worth the risk.

Off The Fence

[/quote]
Interesting that Gerrard has ruled himself out, even though he's back in training. Without a warm-up game he believes he won't be 100% and therefore its not worth the risk.
[/quote]

Bullshite!  Would probably go hiding again!  I think of Gerrard very highly but from recent memory I cant think of one performance he has put in!

All or nothing for Rafa IMO ( or it should be), no doubt he will play his lovechild Yossi.  Absolute disaster if he does!  Liverpool need to go for the juggler, sort out their defence and steady it up a bit. Attack at every chance and see what United are made of.  With Ronaldo out there has never being a better time to get them but they still have some unbelievable quality.

All or Nothing!

Whacker

From BBC Sport:

Hyypia shocked at Reds omission 

Hyypia has made 446 appearances for Liverpool during a nine-year spell
Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has admitted he faces an uncertain future at Anfield after being left out of the club's 25-man Champions League squad.

New Uefa regulations mean clubs have to include at least eight home-grown players in their squad.

The 34-year-old Finn said: "The manager's decision to leave me out of the squad is a big disappointment.

"I understand it's partly because of the Uefa regulations, but the news came as a surprise to me and a shock too."

The Finland international was subject to a bid from Stoke City during the summer, but Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez wanted to keep hold of him.

Hyypia, who has made 446 appearances for the Reds since signing from Dutch club Willem II in May 1999, hopes he still has a future on Merseyside but admits that had he known about Benitez's decision earlier, he might be playing his football elsewhere this season.

"The club had a 'perfect' timing for this," he added.

"They didn't want me to move elsewhere, so that's why I was told the news of having been left out, just after the transfer window had closed.

"The club went public to say there had been offers for me, but turned them down. So perhaps that means I am still part of the plans for this season.

"I don't know if I would have wanted to move on had I heard news about the squad when the window was still open."

Uefa rules state that four players in the 25-man party must be produced by the club's own academy, while four others can be produced by an English academy.

Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Jay Spearing and Stephen Darby make up the contingent from Liverpool, while Robbie Keane, Jermaine Pennant, Steven Irwin and Martin Kelly are the other four.

Liverpool begin their Champions League campaign away at Marseille on 16 September and will also face PSV Eindhoven and Atletico Madrid in a tough group.

Should they progress beyond the group stages, clubs can submit a revised squad list prior to the knockout rounds in the new year.

EC Unique

Quote from: doire na raithe on September 09, 2008, 01:18:24 AM

Would be suprised if it is only 1-0 even with the absense of Ronaldo.

under the bar

I don't think Livepool have much toi lose going into this game.  Their knockers call them a 2 or 3 man team so without Torres & Gerrard they are not expected to win.  United's form at the min is nothing to write home about so I would not expect anything but the usual scrappy affair with a 1-0 win either way.    Anyone know the odds of Berbatov to score at any time?

full back

Dont be so downbeat lads.
With the way Utd are playing at present there is every opportunity you can take something from this game.
I expect it to be a complete sh1te game by the way

magpie seanie

Me too. I think Gerrards injury could be a blessing in disguise for Liverpool for this game.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: full back on September 09, 2008, 10:18:15 AM

which is why I intend to be very lubricated before getting in the ground (thanks to a decent landlord in Stretford).

No matter who is in or out, you can never expect anything from these games except the worst!
To be a poor game, few chances, minimal excitement.
Its Grim up North

isourboydownyet

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 09, 2008, 11:13:05 AM
Quote from: full back on September 09, 2008, 10:18:15 AM

which is why I intend to be very lubricated before getting in the ground (thanks to a decent landlord in Stretford).

No matter who is in or out, you can never expect anything from these games except the worst!
To be a poor game, few chances, minimal excitement.

you'll have a long walk

An Fear Rua

not really, coach pulls up right outside the door
Its Grim up North

corn02

You heading AFR?

Is Gerrard and Torres out for sure?

2-0 to United for me.