Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

All the time and money spent on these lads and you'd think there would be more education on how to carry themselves.
Like I can only imagine the amount of stuff that is swept under the carpet or people paid off.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Scarlet

In terms of the football...
The midfield is shocking. I thought Mount would have legs but his game was more high pressing.
Himself and Bruno are fecked once people run off them.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Ghost

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 21, 2023, 05:25:28 PM
The midfield is shocking. I thought Mount would have legs but his game was more high pressing.

Agree with a lot of this, Bruno and Mount pressing with little joy and it totally exposes Casemiro once the press is broken. Need a more defensive minded midfielder in there alongside Casemiro who doesn't seem as mobile this season.

Hound

Quote from: gawa316 on August 21, 2023, 04:02:37 PM
So he was getting a wage that whole time?
Absolutely. He was available for selection for most of the time.

Depends on the terms of his contract, but I would guess that we was cut off when he was charged with the offence, but then reinstated when the charges were dropped.

Where a player does something that's not a legal offence, but goes against club rules, I'm pretty sure there is an agreement in place within the PFA that the biggest fine a player can receive for a single offence is 2 weeks wages. So that was probably imposed at some stage.

NAG1

Quote from: Ghost on August 21, 2023, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 21, 2023, 05:25:28 PM

Agree with a lot of this, Bruno and Mount pressing with little joy and it totally exposes Casemiro once the press is broken. Need a more defensive minded midfielder in there alongside Casemiro who doesn't seem as mobile this season.

Problem with playing two holding midfielders is that ETH obviously wants to play 4-3-3, so he would have to change the approach to suit and either play a box midfield or some variation.

I think it is essential against the top 6 teams especially away from home where the record is woeful, less so against the bottom half teams if they can find the goal scoring touch especially.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on August 22, 2023, 08:13:06 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 21, 2023, 04:02:37 PM
So he was getting a wage that whole time?
Absolutely. He was available for selection for most of the time.

Depends on the terms of his contract, but I would guess that we was cut off when he was charged with the offence, but then reinstated when the charges were dropped.

Where a player does something that's not a legal offence, but goes against club rules, I'm pretty sure there is an agreement in place within the PFA that the biggest fine a player can receive for a single offence is 2 weeks wages. So that was probably imposed at some stage.

Completely handled all wrong, in terms of the period of time in not terminating his contract for bringing the game into disrepute, but in the end the right outcome.

Whether that was down to them ensuring they were doing the right thing by his contract of employment (of which I've no idea of the details) or they were actually thinking about keeping him, though in light of everything that came from those recorded conversations with his now pregnant wife to be! his contract should have been terminated then as no one will ever be able to come back from that in the public eye
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Last time I heard  Greenwood  hadn't been convicted of anything . His girlfriend  recorded something that  put his  freedom and career in jeopardy, yet she's now married  to him and expecting his child?  Call me cynical , but why  would she want to stay with him  if he's so  bad (convicted or not) , and why would he want to stay with her after  her recording  basically ruined him?

I'm not saying it  was right or wrong to keep him , but it seems united  bowed down to a few  protestors and turfed  him out.  If his gf seemingly has forgiven him , the courts have  clearly not enough evidence to convict him , then  why shouldn't United have kept  him? 

trueblue1234

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 22, 2023, 10:41:10 AM
Last time I heard  Greenwood  hadn't been convicted of anything . His girlfriend  recorded something that  put his  freedom and career in jeopardy, yet she's now married  to him and expecting his child?  Call me cynical , but why  would she want to stay with him  if he's so  bad (convicted or not) , and why would he want to stay with her after  her recording  basically ruined him?

I'm not saying it  was right or wrong to keep him , but it seems united  bowed down to a few  protestors and turfed  him out.  If his gf seemingly has forgiven him , the courts have  clearly not enough evidence to convict him , then  why shouldn't United have kept  him?
Because he's a c**t that would do more damage to a brand than help it. And United is a brand. Getting rid was a no brainier. It's an awful waste, but feck him!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Mourne Red

Stockholm syndrome - Would suggest reading about that. Also pressure on her from her family, her Dad came out defending Greenwood as soon as it happened, tr**p of a dad. Girl has been pressured into dropping the charges and staying with her abuser so her family can live a comfortable life £££.

Hoping for a Tomori brexit tackle, looking like Italy the most likely destination for Greenwood. Roma interested

AustinPowers

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 22, 2023, 10:47:17 AM

Stockholm syndrome - Would suggest reading about that. Also pressure on her from her family, her Dad came out defending Greenwood as soon as it happened, tr**p of a dad. Girl has been pressured into dropping the charges and staying with her abuser so her family can live a comfortable life £££.

Hoping for a Tomori brexit tackle, looking like Italy the most likely destination for Greenwood. Roma interested

I know what  Stockholm syndrome is.

You can speculate about  her/her family's motives  about staying with greenwood,  but at the end of the day ,  if he hasn't been  convicted of anything, and she is (seemingly) happy/deluded/naive enough  (delete as appropriate) to stay with him , have his children, then  that implies she  doesn't have a problem  with  him and what he  allegedly did. So , why should   You or anyone  else have a problem  with it? The person that matters most is his partner , so that  should be the  end of it

RedHand88

Just stop talking.

gallsman

I wonder what % of people who wanted Greenwood back amongst GAA fans failed to see what the issue was with Rory Gallagher a few months ago.

trueblue1234

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 22, 2023, 04:30:04 PM

You can speculate about  her/her family's motives  about staying with greenwood,  but at the end of the day ,  if he hasn't been  convicted of anything, and she is (seemingly) happy/deluded/naive enough  (delete as appropriate) to stay with him , have his children, then  that implies she  doesn't have a problem  with  him and what he  allegedly did. So , why should   You or anyone  else have a problem  with it? The person that matters most is his partner , so that  should be the  end of it
Her reaction has nothing to do with it. His actions were his actions. Videoed to remove doubt. If you're fine with those actions just because she's happy to forgive then so be it. For me, he's still a c**t.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 22, 2023, 09:26:21 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on August 22, 2023, 04:30:04 PM

Her reaction has nothing to do with it. His actions were his actions. Videoed to remove doubt. If you're fine with those actions just because she's happy to forgive then so be it. For me, he's still a c**t.

Lets be clear on this, Man U tested the water on having him stay, it wasn't good, the brand would have taken a battering, financially and otherwise hence why they are now trying to sell or loan him out;

This is dancing on the head of a pin too;

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

NAG1

Genuinely what did people expect?

There was no good going to come of this situation for any of the sides involved.

It was a sh*t sandwich from day one and everyone had to take a bite.

He is out of the club now, will receive a pay off I'm sure and everyone moves on.

But for the likes of Rachel Riley to try to dictate to anyone what they should do, highlights the ridiculous nature of SM and perceived power some of these celebs think that they have.