Meath Mightily Migrate from Mediocrity, Maybe.

Started by thejuice, April 03, 2012, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

So - that's it? We're left with the worst of both worlds - we're now stuck with Banty AND Barney. This is the direct opposite of what Meath needs, which is neither of them.

Where was the motion of no confidence in the executive when the motion they proposed failed? Have we not even two delegates in the whole county with the cop-on to have this ready to propose and second?

Maybe I misunderstand and such a motion would have had to be on the agenda. In any case, it's now time for men of substance in the county to stand up an do something. There has to be a motion of no confidence for the next board meeting and a set of candidates ready to step up and take at least the two principal positions - chairman and secretary. It's time for respected people to do what needs to be done, prepare their programme and canvass the clubs in advance of the next meeting to ensure the gombeenocracy is removed. My God it was an embarrassment listening to that gom on the radio this morning.

Seán Boylan, Colm O'Rourke, Gerry McEntee, Dudley Farrell, Eamonn O'Brien, Coyle, O'Malley, Harnan and anyone else who has a contribution to make - please step forward. Your county needs you.

Bingo

I can imagine the next meeting with the Team management and the county board will be good craic. Who is the Liaision officer? I'm surprised he hasn't resigned already.

seafoid

What exactly is the problem in Meath ? Can someone explain it ?

Declan

Quotewe're now stuck with Banty AND Barney

Barney's 5 year tenure as chairman is up this year but I haven't heard who he's lined up to succeed him

demusicman

Quote from: Declan on April 19, 2012, 10:17:34 AM

Barney's 5 year tenure as chairman is up this year but I haven't heard who he's lined up to succeed him
As recently caught on camera The Royals entering The Palace
http://youtu.be/PfaLPTqGSYY

Hardy

Lántosach

Quote from: Declan on April 19, 2012, 10:17:34 AM

Musical chairs, unless something drastic happens, Barney will just sit back into the secretary's chair for 5 years and under GAA rules he'll have to leave that. Where does he go then? Reappointed as chairman. It's a gentleman's club. A golf club for lads that don't play golf. Drinking buddies that don't drink.

Barney, Ginnity, Joyce, O'Neill and many more of them. Even if they were voted out they'd still turn up. The whole thing is pure poison

thejuice

Quote from: Hardy on April 19, 2012, 09:53:02 AM
Maybe I misunderstand and such a motion would have had to be on the agenda. In any case, it's now time for men of substance in the county to stand up an do something. There has to be a motion of no confidence for the next board meeting and a set of candidates ready to step up and take at least the two principal positions - chairman and secretary. It's time for respected people to do what needs to be done, prepare their programme and canvass the clubs in advance of the next meeting to ensure the gombeenocracy is removed. My God it was an embarrassment listening to that gom on the radio this morning.

Seán Boylan, Colm O'Rourke, Gerry McEntee, Dudley Farrell, Eamonn O'Brien, Coyle, O'Malley, Harnan and anyone else who has a contribution to make - please step forward. Your county needs you.

This is the next step. Now how do we go about it?

I guess the men listed need to be contacted and see where they stand. And the clubs need to be brought onside too.

Is there any way to push this through any sooner? There is no point in waiting, we might as well get it done this season since its going down the poo-chute anyway. Better to just jeoprodise one season and not next years as well by trying to do everything in the winter.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Syferus

Quote from: thejuice on April 19, 2012, 02:01:26 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 19, 2012, 09:53:02 AM

This is the next step. Now how do we go about it?

I guess the men listed need to be contacted and see where they stand. And the clubs need to be brought onside too.

Is there any way to push this through any sooner? There is no point in waiting, we might as well get it done this season since its going down the poo-chute anyway. Better to just jeoprodise one season and not next years as well by trying to do everything in the winter.

Meath feckers playing the ultimate long grass tactic, I'll not fall for your tricks..

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: sheamy on April 18, 2012, 12:22:29 PM

Is O'Rouke still teaching? I'd be very surprised if he had the time to be a county chairman. It's basically a full time job these days.

Hardly, sure they are off for Christmas, Easter, June, July, August and countless bank holidays, religious days and teacher training days.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sheamy

INDIANA

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 19, 2012, 04:38:19 PM
Quote from: sheamy on April 18, 2012, 12:22:29 PM

Is O'Rouke still teaching? I'd be very surprised if he had the time to be a county chairman. It's basically a full time job these days.

Hardly, sure they are off for Christmas, Easter, June, July, August and countless bank holidays, religious days and teacher training days.

O Rourke has other concerns off the pitch . So I doubt he can give the time.

Jinxy

For gods sake keep Barney away from the national media.
Just heard him on Newstalk and I can picture him chewing a stalk of grass as he's talking.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ard-Rí

Word is that Joe's coming back, possibly before the end of the week.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.