Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2024, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2024, 09:00:26 PM
Quote from: weareros on May 07, 2024, 11:31:37 PMIt's a song that has grown on me. They are clearly very talented and it's nice to have something different. So I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Crown the Witch! 
Calling her "they" is getting very dull. She is obviously very talented and doesn't need any artificial promotion.

They or it for Non-binary?   Bambie doesn't use a gender to describe oneself.
It?

We send a freakshow to a competition that we should be boycotting anyway.

Main Street

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 08, 2024, 09:38:03 PM
Quote from: weareros on May 07, 2024, 11:31:37 PMIt's a song that has grown on me. They are clearly very talented and it's nice to have something different. So I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Crown the Witch! 
Calling her "they" is getting very dull. She is obviously very talented and doesn't need any artificial promotion.

It?

Freakshow?  does that mean drunken louts (allegedly) from Lurgan would not be regarded as a freak show in Armagh. How about a Catholic mass? is that normality or a freak show?
Bambie Thug is an artist, the elegant performance in the semi final was choreography perfected.
I haven't a notion about non-binary, BT's progress to the finals has brought much needed attention to this 'predicament'.

weareros

Regarding boycott, Israel are a participant not a direct opponent. They are also participants in Olympics, Euros, club competitions that league of Ireland clubs participate in, that clubs supported by Irish people (Celtic, Liverpool, Man United, etc) participate in.

Why are we only hearing the loudest voices against the Eurovision. How about a bit of pressure on our boxers, golfers, soccer players, runners, rowers...

We know we won't of course.

Do we only put pressure on the transgender queer who at least is very vocal in their support of Palestine. Loved the use of Ogham even if the organisers somehow turned out to be experts in ancient Irish script. Crown the Witch.

Rebel84

Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2024, 10:38:43 PM

It?

Freakshow?  does that mean drunken louts (allegedly) from Lurgan would not be regarded as a freak show in Armagh. How about a Catholic mass? is that normality or a freak show?
Bambie Thug is an artist, the elegant performance in the semi final was choreography perfected.
I haven't a notion about non-binary, BT's progress to the finals has brought much needed attention to this 'predicament'.

Give me a Catholic Mass over that Satanic Freakshow any day of the week and I haven't been to mass in ages.

JoG2

Some squad of culture vultures in here... Must not listen to freaks like David Bowie, Marc Bolan , a tonne of 80s artists, acts etc...or maybe just maybe it's pure narrow mindedness

Main Street

Quote from: Rebel84 on May 08, 2024, 10:59:45 PM

It?

Give me a Catholic Mass over that Satanic Freakshow any day of the week and I haven't been to mass in ages.
You don't go to mass, then don't watch the effin Eurovision you'll only take offense  but perhaps that turns your bigotry on?

Rebel84

Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2024, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: Rebel84 on May 08, 2024, 10:59:45 PM

It?

You don't go to mass, then don't watch the effin Eurovision you'll only take offense  but perhaps that turns your bigotry on?

Bigoted against Satanists? Ok I'll take that. Are you a Satanist?

Truthsayer

Quote from: weareros on May 08, 2024, 10:47:26 PMRegarding boycott, Israel are a participant not a direct opponent. They are also participants in Olympics, Euros, club competitions that league of Ireland clubs participate in, that clubs supported by Irish people (Celtic, Liverpool, Man United, etc) participate in.

Why are we only hearing the loudest voices against the Eurovision. How about a bit of pressure on our boxers, golfers, soccer players, runners, rowers...

We know we won't of course.

Do we only put pressure on the transgender queer who at least is very vocal in their support of Palestine. Loved the use of Ogham even if the organisers somehow turned out to be experts in ancient Irish script. Crown the Witch.
You have got me thinking with that one. Very good point, will the Olympians etc get the same abuse going to a competition where Israel are completing?
I kinda like her act. People going on bout Satanism need to feel their superstitious 1930s Irish heads! It's a bitta craic, young ones dressing up ffs!

Snapchap

Well, truthsayer, you say the satanism is just young ones dressing up and having a but if craic, but it is more than that in Bambi Thug's case. She literally self-identifies as a witch.

Some lads here love to think they are awfully progressive and trigger happy smearing other people as narrow minded bigots. Whatever makes you feel good about yourselves. Personally, I think a grown adult actually believing herself to be a witch and running about in plastic horns, chrome nails and covered in body paint looks absolutely f**king ridiculous.

I saw some of the clips of "celebs" arriving at the met gala the other day in the most ridiculous outfits you could imagine. One was a woman wearing a dress that she was wrapped so tight in that she literally couldn't walk into the venue and had to be lifted and carried, upright, by her minders. I thought she looked f**king ridiculous but I suppose she's just really progressive and I'm a closed minded bigot.

Armagh18

Quote from: Snapchap on May 09, 2024, 07:36:14 AMWell, truthsayer, you say the satanism is just young ones dressing up and having a but if craic, but it is more than that in Bambi Thug's case. She literally self-identifies as a witch.

Some lads here love to think they are awfully progressive and trigger happy smearing other people as narrow minded bigots. Whatever makes you feel good about yourselves. Personally, I think a grown adult actually believing herself to be a witch and running about in plastic horns, chrome nails and covered in body paint looks absolutely f**king ridiculous.

I saw some of the clips of "celebs" arriving at the met gala the other day in the most ridiculous outfits you could imagine. One was a woman wearing a dress that she was wrapped so tight in that she literally couldn't walk into the venue and had to be lifted and carried, upright, by her minders. I thought she looked f**king ridiculous but I suppose she's just really progressive and I'm a closed minded bigot.
Ever watch the hunger games?

Look-Up!

Act not really my cup of tea, and the song itself without the visuals, is not exactly easy on the ear. But I get why it's popular at Eurovision. It's not a song contest anymore. Acts that are a bit "Eurotrashy" or a bit out there have generally done well since the days of Dana and Jonny Logan.

Didn't realise she identifies as a witch though, act makes more sense now I guess. Don't know what the big deal is, we're as much from pagan stock as christian stock.

JoG2

Quote from: Snapchap on May 09, 2024, 07:36:14 AMWell, truthsayer, you say the satanism is just young ones dressing up and having a but if craic, but it is more than that in Bambi Thug's case. She literally self-identifies as a witch.

And they may well think Wranglers, tucked in checked shirts and brown slip on boots are ridiculous.. Surely each to their own?

RedHand88

Theres nothing new about any of this though. Have people never watched Slipknot, Black Sabbath, etc?
Iron Maiden played here last year with a pentagram on stage and I don't recall a peep from anyone.

End of the day, it's Eurovision. Who cares.
Let's go back to 2 priests singing about a horse.

Snapchap

Quote from: JoG2 on May 09, 2024, 08:58:29 AM

And they may well think Wranglers, tucked in checked shirts and brown slip on boots are ridiculous.. Surely each to their own?

They may well think so. And they should be absolultely entitled to think as much without the likes of yourself riding in on your high horse to accuse them of being narrow minded bigots. Similarly, while I think a grown adult is entitled to self-identify as a witch, wear plastic horns and chrome claws and insist on being called 'they', I'm still allowed to say that I think they come across as absolutely ridculous.

Look-Up!

It's the Eurovision thread, if there was an act that wasn't absolutely ridiculous then we would have a problem  ;D  ;D