Westmeath v Limerick
Clare v Offaly
Wexford v Cork

Round 2A All-Ireland Football Qualifiers
Antrim v Fermanagh
Offaly v Dublin/Kildare
Clare v Longford
Cavan v Roscommon

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/0622/709671-live-football-and-hurling-qualifier-draws/

johnneycool

Quote from: MoChara on June 22, 2015, 10:58:25 AM
Round 1 Hurling Qualifiers
Laois v Dublin
Westmeath v Limerick
Clare v Offaly
Wexford v Cork

Laois will fancy a crack at Dublin and I'm sure they'll feel the Dubs won't have that invincibility about them that some of the others in the draw will have, but at the same time the Dubs will not see Laois as a walk over, but a team who they've a chance of getting back up and running against, both teams would be happy enough with that draw I'd have thought. Think the Dubs will pull through in the end though, but if Laois get a real good start, the dubs may lack the confidence to get back at them..

Hard to look past Limerick in this one though, and ditto the Clare, Offaly game, just think there's too much hurling in Clare to get caught out by Offaly..

Wexford v Cork is probably the most interesting one, last chance saloon for one of the big three and Wexford need to discover their swagger from last year, both coming off the back of bad defeats, could go either way, will plump for home advantage taking it the way of Liam Dunnes men.

AZOffaly

Terrible draw for us. I was saying that the one team I didn't want was Clare away. They have the forwards to put up a score, and are seriously pissed off after losing to Limerick. This may be horrible.

Westmeath will trouble Limerick for 20 minutes or so, but again, I think Limerick will be pissed off after yesterday and lads like Downing, Hannon, Lynch and Mulcahy should have too much for the Westmeath backs. Laois in Portlaoise will be glad to have another crack at a team they would see within their compass, and Dublin need to be very careful.

The dark horse may be Wexford. They were actually in that game yesterday for a while, but Kilkenny score goals where everyone else settles for points, and so you end up with situations like 10 scores each, 3-7 to 0-10, and stuff like that after 25 minutes. Cork seem to struggle for goals, and if Wexford can hurl with them and not concede goals, they'll get confidence below in Wexford Park.

I'm going Dublin, Limerick, Clare and Wexford as the shock.

Two Hands FFS

I think Cork will beat Wexford to be honest. Wexford were very poor yesterday. Harnedy back for Cork should make a big difference.

AZOffaly

I'm sure the bookies will see it that way too. I just think Cork are vulnerable, and Wexford might have a chance at home if they don't concede goals, and Cork don't tend to score lots of goals.

laoislad

I think that's a good draw for Laois.
Home advantage also should be a help. Dublin will also be pretty happy with the draw I'd imagine.
Would be hoping for a closer match than the Galway game but would still expect Dublin to win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 22, 2015, 12:52:40 PM
I think Cork will beat Wexford to be honest. Wexford were very poor yesterday. Harnedy back for Cork should make a big difference.
Cork will beat them by double figures. Clare will beat Offaly by 15 or 20.

Roashter

I see that Colm Galvin has returned from the states and has re-joined the Clare panel.
A welcome addition to the Clare panel. Will be interesting to see if starts against Offaly.

theskull1

Quote from: laoislad on June 22, 2015, 11:16:13 PM
I think that's a good draw for Laois.
Home advantage also should be a help. Dublin will also be pretty happy with the draw I'd imagine.
Would be hoping for a closer match than the Galway game but would still expect Dublin to win.

Think Dublin will have it in them to play at close to their potential against youse and make life tough for youse LL. Its championship against the established teams they seem to drop their performances.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Any of the qualifiers televised?

waterfordlad

Wexford v Cork is on Sky Sports.

Two Hands FFS

Bord na Mona man

One enforced change for Offaly against Klare.
Unless it's a dummy team, it's very worrying that Whelahan seems to be reheating the same magic formula used in the Leix game.

laoislad

Goals are killing Laois in Portlaoise tonight. Playing well otherwise but not going to win conceding soft goals.
HT
Dublin 3-9
Laois 0-13
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Exactly what I was afraid of in Ennis. Sad to see really. They say it's always darkest before the dawn, but f**k this night is going on a while now.