Premier Emperor

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2015, 11:03:11 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 06, 2015, 11:12:57 AM
Limerick 4-15 Westmeath 1-12
Clare 3-26 Offaly 0-15   
Cork 2-22    Wexford    0-20   

Leinster hurling my arse!  ;D

Hows that arse?
Limerick are dire this year. Waterford have a free pass back into the semis having to only play Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 12, 2015, 08:03:34 AM
Clare 3-26 Offaly 0-15   

Hows that arse?
Limerick are dire this year. Waterford have a free pass back into the semis having to only play Dublin.

You really are the biggest WUM on this board..... I tipp ( 😉  ) my hat to you sir
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Is Davy done? I thought it was very illuminating last night that when Darrach Honan was being taken off, it was John Conlon that came back on. Conlon was out of the game before he was taken off himself, so that's a bit of a slap to the other subs.

Minder

How did Davy take the defeat? Was he his usual,treat triumph and disaster the same type attitude ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

He wasn't interviewed live on Sky, but Damian Lawlor did tweet that he came out to talk to them alright. In the paper he seems magnanimous enough, but he does have a wee dig at corks "style".

INDIANA

Clare 3-26 Offaly 0-15   

Hows that arse?

Kilkenny will have a free pass handing you your arse in the final. Looking forward to it

Two Hands FFS

Some poor Hurling over the weekend. Some shocking wides as teams are so withdrawn out the pitch they have no choice but to shoot for crazy places.
Only 2 goals from 3 matches. For Inter county Hurling that is terrible.

It's been a poor enough year so far. I hope these new 'modern tactics' aren't bringing in a bad era for Hurling.
Hopefully a Tipp v KK classic would restore the faith.

orangeman

Honesty from TJ Ryan after losing to Dublin :

"The dressing room is extremely disappointed," said Ryan of his Limerick side. "We put a lot of work into this. I know we'll get torn to pieces for the week or two – that's the nature of the GAA. That's the way the analysts and you guys have gone.
"Look, when you lose I suppose you deserve that. The players have given everything. From my point of view and the management's point of view you take the credit but you have to take the kick in the hole too."

Premier Emperor

Quote from: INDIANA on July 12, 2015, 08:49:06 PM
Clare 3-26 Offaly 0-15   

Hows that arse?

Kilkenny will have a free pass handing you your arse in the final. Looking forward to it
That's all you have left to hope for because you've nothing to look forward to with Dublin.  8)

deiseach

Disappointing. We hit some brutal wides at crucial moments. Had they gone over . . . we probably still would have lost but there would have been scope for a great big pileup in the box at the death. We need to think about moving Austin Gleeson into the forwards so he can try some more of those Hail Mary efforts from closer in. Surely we can spare him from a back line which didn't give the Tipp goal machines a sniff.

AZOffaly

It was an unusual game alright. (I think this should be in the Munster Championship thread, but sure how and ever). I think Tipp out thought themselves. They were so determined to play diagonal balls that they played them even when they weren't on. Tipp's route to success is down the wing, or else carrying through the middle. When the half backs and corner backs hit the long straight delivery, especially on the left side of Waterford's defence, they had some joy. When they hit aimless 100 yard clearances down to a 4 or 5 man inside back line, or else blindly hit diagonal balls which were cut out in the centre of the field, it was soul destroying.

One thing I couldn't believe from Tipp, when the game was going against them, was how long it took for them to move Bubbles and Callanan out to the 40. If your best scorers are not getting on the ball, and that is largely due to them being suffocated inside, bring them out. Let them get on handy ball 50 or 60 yards out. These lads can score from there. It made so much sense, that it's a bit worrying it took so long to happen.

From a Waterford perspective, the wides are the killer. They remind me of a 3 point shooting NBA team. If the radar is working, they will be a very dangerous team. But it's a low percentage shot a lot of the time, and when you have 1 poor cratur inside on his own, it's a tough shift for him.But credit to the Deise, they work like dogs and are as honest as the day is long. In De Burca and Barron they have a couple of gems, and Austin Gleeson probably falls into that category if you could get him on more ball.

Tipperary, credit to them,  worked very hard as well. They had their usual period where they couldn't buy a break or a clean win of ball in the forwards, which was compounded by the aimless, confused passing, but they did work hard to hassle the Waterford backs coming out. O'MEara, Bonner, Callanan, BRendan Maher, Bubble and Forde all blocked, hooked and harried more than I've seen them in a long time.

Premier Emperor

I think Tipperary showed Waterford too much respect early in the game and believed a lot of the hype about Waterford's tactics and systems.
Eamon O'Shea should back himself more and set up Tipperary teams to go out and boss the opposition.

AZOffaly

Not sure Premier. Tipp started well. They went 6-2 up I think, and were playing intelligent ball up the wings. Niall O'Meara came out and got a couple of balls. The trouble seemed to start when Tipp started trying to overcook it, and Kevin Moran and Tadgh de Burca made hay. If they had pulled out Bubbles and Callanan then I think they'd have got more joy. Bonner hardly felt the weight of it apart from the 2 points he got. You need to get your best players on the ball.

Canalman

Some amount of balls being thrown by players as opposed to handpassing. Referee pulled Limerick up on a valid handpass imo which was no doubt was a bitter irony for Limerick.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on July 13, 2015, 11:19:28 AM
Some amount of balls being thrown by players as opposed to handpassing. Referee pulled Limerick up on a valid handpass imo which was no doubt was a bitter irony for Limerick.

That gets on my wick. Some of it is pure blatant.