iPhone 5

Started by supersub, September 11, 2012, 10:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

My emails are going fine now.

The wifi in work sometimes picks up BT Openzone instead of the work one for some reason.

Haven't had an opportunity to use the Maps yet but seen some memes taking the piss out of them.

Shamrock Shore

IOS 6.01 has been released and is available for download.

I had horrid WIFI issues since I upgraded to IOS6 - seemingly this upgrade will fix it.

I've upgraded and so far it's fine - but previously it was fine at times as well, but then nothing - even though there was 3 full semi-circles showing full WIFI access meaning I had to go back to 3G chewing up my montly limit set by O2 of 700mb

(and if you think I'm downloading shedloads of dodgy stuff, I'm not......I use the radio on the phone a fair bit)

Syferus

This one's for me, it's just time to move on from my trusty iPhone 4. I'd also be worried Apple might switch to a larger screen with the 6 and I've always liked the more compact form-factor.

Finger-print sensor, new fitness tracing chip, the usual spec boosts. Solid enough update.

Puckoon

Anyone update the software yet? Not sure I like it from an asthetics point of view but the phone is running very smoothly.

Syferus

Quote from: Puckoon on September 19, 2013, 10:32:15 PM
Anyone update the software yet? Not sure I like it from an asthetics point of view but the phone is running very smoothly.

Took a few restores and iTunes is still adding my stuff back onto my iPhone but iOS certainly looks the part. Way over-due a refresh.

muppet

Free App: Accudio

You tell it the brand and model of your earphones and it optimises your phone's settings to give the best performance. The improvement is immediately noticeable to an audio-phobe like me.

Great App.
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: Puckoon on September 19, 2013, 10:32:15 PM
Anyone update the software yet? Not sure I like it from an aesthetics point of view but the phone is running very smoothly.

I have seen a few reviews on the software. It helps out on the iPhone 5 & 4S but if you have an older iPhone 4 everything is noticeably slower. I have avoided upgrading on my iPhone 4 but heard complaints from those who did.

laoislad

What would you be prepared to do to get the latest iPhone? One couple in China sold their baby daughter, and bought one with the profits, The Independent reports.

The couple put their third child up for adoption, advertising the fact before the girl was even born. Once money changed hands, they were arrested by Shanghai prosecutors. They now face a spell in jail for alleged human trafficking.

Identified in local media only as Mr Teng and Ms Zhang, the couple had asked for between 30,000 and 50,000 yuan (£3,000 to £5,000) for someone to take their daughter off their hands.

They spent the money on an iPhone, as well as pricey trainers and luxury goods.

Though they deny their motivations were purely financial. Instead, they say they wanted someone else to bring up their daughter so she would have a better life than they could provide. "We did not give the child away to obtain profit, but to give the child better guarantees," one of them told the Liberation Daily newspaper in China.

The couple already have two sons, which violates China's one-child policy, and were unemployed, poorly educated, and living off their parents. When Ms Zhang found herself "accidentally pregnant" (according to Liberation Daily), she lied to her neighbours, telling them she had a stomach tumour. She then gave birth at home.

Last year, a teenager sold his kidney to buy an iPhone and iPad. And when the latest handsets launched, a fight broke out at Apple's Pasadena store in the US. One man even hired a group of homeless people to stand in line for him and buy up a load of iPhones that he could sell on for profit.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

wherefromreferee?

Camera and torch stopped working on the phone at the weekend - anybody suffer this same fate?  If so, any straightforward solution?
In your Endo!

muppet

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/24/iphone-battery-free_n_5704821.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Apple May Give You A New iPhone Battery For Free

Mine is eligible. Make sure to back it up before you go to Apple.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

I always try to exercise the warranty near the end of the one year coverage period. Tell them the battery is not staying charged and they will replace it or send you a refrub with a new battery. This on the other hand is just a bad batch they they're correcting.

oakleafgael

iPhone 5s that wont send sms, any ideas?

armaghniac

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 22, 2014, 09:09:03 PM
iPhone 5s that wont send sms, any ideas?

Get one of these, SMS no problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B