iPhone 5

Started by supersub, September 11, 2012, 10:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The amount of megapixels a camera has isn't always related to how good a camera is and how good photos it can take.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2012, 07:17:39 PM
The amount of megapixels a camera has isn't always related to how good a camera is and how good photos it can take.

There are a few things that have to be taken into consideration. But overall, the Nokia N8 is still a better camera phone.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2012, 07:17:39 PM

Yeah but bigger numbers are better; did you not know that  ;)

thebigfella

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on September 13, 2012, 07:00:35 PM
Difficult to say where the next development on the phone front is going to be. The whole siri thing isn't that new, Nokia have had it on their phones for ages and it has been included in on the nokia N8 but I personally don't think it can or will be perfected. Im suprised that the Iphone has not put in a better camera, the N8 which is out dated by some 2 years now still has a better camera at 12mp and HD video. Nokia are on the right track with the development of wireless charging and it is something that everyone with a phone would use. At the moment there isn't anything new, it has appeared at some point in the past on mobile phones.  If 3DTV does take off, it won't be long untill it is introduced to the phone.

HTC has a 3d screen phone, it's shit......

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Cold tea on September 13, 2012, 10:09:12 AM
I have a nokia - it makes calls and sends texts - it's perfect.

Does it have a rotary dial?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on September 13, 2012, 04:04:06 PM
Currently wielding the iPhone 4 and I can't say I'm in any rush to upgrade, although when this one takes a shit I will be going back to apple. I like the convenience and the ease of use with these phones. I really love the iMessage and face time which enables me to text and call Ireland for free, without the use of an app.
Apart from continual improvement of the cameras, and getting my jig on with Siri, there's not much they can do after this that I'm going to be in a rush to go out and buy.

Same here. I'm happy enough with my 4, my only gripe is about battery life.  Apparently the 5 does better in that department but I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading just to save me the bother of plugging in a bit more often.  From Apple's website it seems like the big deal with the 5 is a bigger screen, faster wifi and a faster processor.  Hardly worth the hype they're giving it.  The only thing I feel like I'm missing out on is Siri, but I'm in no rush to get that. I'll wait for another version and see what comes up.

On the network front, I'm thinking of switching from AT&T, their coverage is shocking. I can't take calls at my desk, I have to get up and walk across my office before people can here me. I ask you!

Puckoon

Well, if it helps...

I have the same issue with AT&T at my home. It works though when I put my headset in, or when I use speaker phone. Obviously the headset would be more suited for the office. I can't say I ever drop a call when I have the head set in, whereas when I am holding the phone I lose a fair few calls.

nifan

Sounds like the new apple maps are a bit crap compared to google at the minute.

laoislad

Anyone downloaded ios6 yet?

laoislad

Meh ios6 isn't anything special.
The panoramic mode in the camera is ok. I like the new full screen feature in landscape mode in safari.
Not sure I like the new App Store. The new options when someone calls won't really be used.
I don't really care that you can now post a Facebook message from the notifications bar.
Not much really else to get excited about.

fitzroyalty

I hear the maps are good.

armaghniac

QuoteI hear the maps are good.

Good craic!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Puckoon

I am not enamoured with the new update really. Feel like my battery life is going down quicker than before (coincidence with the iphone5 release??) and I am more irritated than I should be that the you tube feature is gone.

laoislad

What YouTube feature Puck?

Puckoon

Previous iPhones had Youtube as one of the default features of the phone. It was there from the start. I believe that Youtube no longer wanted to be tied to apple, so it's no longer on my phone or ipad after the update. It is now an App that I need to install. I know it's no big deal, but its pissed me off.