Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Today showed the old FA Cup still has some charm. Workmanlike performance and deserved win against a City team that was unbeaten in 35 games before today.

Two trophies in two seasons Ten Hag has won for United and before he arrived United hadn't won a trophy since 2017. In his own words "When I took over, it was a mess at United. The team is developing and winning trophies now" This cup win was better than the league cup success last season as both Liverpool and Man City were beaten against the odds.

Lots of pundits and journalists have chosen to ignore the long injury list United have had this season which included patched up back fours with midfielders filling in,  that was the prime reason for such a poor league season and should be taken into account by Jim Ratcliffe and co then they do their end of season review and after it if their decision is to part ways with Ten Hag and replace him with some of the names mentioned in the media it will add another chapter to the decade of incompetence.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 25, 2024, 11:45:16 PMToday showed the old FA Cup still has some charm. Workmanlike performance and deserved win against a City team that was unbeaten in 35 games before today.

Two trophies in two seasons Ten Hag has won for United and before he arrived United hadn't won a trophy since 2017. In his own words "When I took over, it was a mess at United. The team is developing and winning trophies now" This cup win was better than the league cup success last season as both Liverpool and Man City were beaten against the odds.

Lots of pundits and journalists have chosen to ignore the long injury list United have had this season which included patched up back fours with midfielders filling in,  that was the prime reason for such a poor league season and should be taken into account by Jim Ratcliffe and co then they do their end of season review and after it if their decision is to part ways with Ten Hag and replace him with some of the names mentioned in the media it will add another chapter to the decade of incompetence.

The team isn't developing though. Terrible on a consistent basis and still no style of play after 2 seasons. United have had injuries but he has spent more than enough to have cover but most of his signings have been bad.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AustinPowers

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2024, 12:16:42 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 25, 2024, 11:45:16 PMToday showed the old FA Cup still has some charm. Workmanlike performance and deserved win against a City team that was unbeaten in 35 games before today.

The team isn't developing though. Terrible on a consistent basis and still no style of play after 2 seasons. United have gad injuries but he has spent mire than enough to have cover but mist of his signings have been bad.

I couldn't help  thinking of Officer Crabtree reading your  post  ;D

I agrow  with your pints though.

gawa316

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 26, 2024, 12:47:11 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2024, 12:16:42 AM

The team isn't developing though. Terrible on a consistent basis and still no style of play after 2 seasons. United have gad injuries but he has spent mire than enough to have cover but mist of his signings have been bad.

I couldn't help  thinking of Officer Crabtree reading your  post  ;D

I agrow  with your pints though.

;D  ;D  ;D

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2024, 12:16:42 AMThe team isn't developing though. Terrible on a consistent basis and still no style of play after 2 seasons. United have had injuries but he has spent more than enough to have cover but most of his signings have been bad.

Most of the consistent terrible stuff has been seen this season due to a lot of disruption going on without a settled starting 11 and forced to play 15 different centre back pairings and no natural left back,  it's more survival mode than be able to have a consistent style of play in that situation.  Yesterday especially 1st half and in the majority of the Old Trafford games last season I believe is the style of play Ten Hag wants which is a compact,organised defensively and good on the transition and his signings has played their part in finishing 3rd in the table last season and winning two trophies.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 26, 2024, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2024, 12:16:42 AMThe team isn't developing though. Terrible on a consistent basis and still no style of play after 2 seasons. United have had injuries but he has spent more than enough to have cover but most of his signings have been bad.

Most of the consistent terrible stuff has been seen this season due to a lot of disruption going on without a settled starting 11 and forced to play 15 different centre back pairings and no natural left back,  it's more survival mode than be able to have a consistent style of play in that situation.  Yesterday especially 1st half and in the majority of the Old Trafford games last season I believe is the style of play Ten Hag wants which is a compact,organised defensively and good on the transition and his signings has played their part in finishing 3rd in the table last season and winning two trophies.

Surely being organised defensively should be a given with any team. Yesterday's first half was just similar to what Mourinho or any other coach would do against a superior team.

His signings haven't been great either. Malaria, Martinez, Antony, Casemiro, Eriksen, Amrabat, Mount and Onana have all not delivered.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gael80

Great result and a fantastic performance from United yesterday.

There are problems beyond Ten Hag though and the fact the United team can produce that level of performance and Sancho can drive Dortmund to a CL final highlights this.

It is clear Ten Hag has lost most of the dressing room but a Wembley cup final is an occasion players can forget this. For that reason United are likely to restructure everything at the club and start with a new manager.

Ten Hag did his best, but the club was a mess.

statto

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2024, 11:02:10 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 26, 2024, 10:43:28 AM

Surely being organised defensively should be a given with any team. Yesterday's first half was just similar to what Mourinho or any other coach would do against a superior team.

His signings haven't been great either. Malaria, Martinez, Antony, Casemiro, Eriksen, Amrabat, Mount and Onana have all not delivered.
Martinez has been an excellent signing after a ropey start just poor injury record.Casemiro was good first season but age has caught up with him.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Gael80 on May 26, 2024, 11:03:40 AMGreat result and a fantastic performance from United yesterday.

There are problems beyond Ten Hag though and the fact the United team can produce that level of performance and Sancho can drive Dortmund to a CL final highlights this.

It is clear Ten Hag has lost most of the dressing room but a Wembley cup final is an occasion players can forget this. For that reason United are likely to restructure everything at the club and start with a new manager.

Ten Hag did his best, but the club was a mess.

If that was the case it would have been 3 or 4-0 defeat than sticking to the managers game plan to beat Man City.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Capt Pat

I think Ten Hags main job was to make progress in the premier league and in Europe. He failed abysmally at that task, getting knocked out of Europe completely at the first hurdle and dropping to a poor 8th in the premier league. Does the fa cup win make up for that. I don't think so. He was lucky to face an off form City in the final.

The only question to be answered is who replaces him.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 26, 2024, 09:27:40 PMI think Ten Hags main job was to make progress in the premier league and in Europe. He failed abysmally at that task, getting knocked out of Europe completely at the first hurdle and dropping to a poor 8th in the premier league. Does the fa cup win make up for that. I don't think so. He was lucky to face an off form City in the final.

Give it to Giggsy
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 26, 2024, 09:27:40 PMI think Ten Hags main job was to make progress in the premier league and in Europe. He failed abysmally at that task, getting knocked out of Europe completely at the first hurdle and dropping to a poor 8th in the premier league. Does the fa cup win make up for that. I don't think so. He was lucky to face an off form City in the final.

Didn't Arteta in his first two seasons with Arsenal finish 8th in the Premier League and winning the FA Cup was deemed a success?  As for luck Manchester City were average club until they were lucky that their current billionaire owners chose them.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 26, 2024, 10:16:34 PM

Didn't Arteta in his first two seasons with Arsenal finish 8th in the Premier League and winning the FA Cup was deemed a success?  As for luck Manchester City were average club until they were lucky that their current billionaire owners chose them.

Average club is being extremely kind. They finished 14th in the PL the last full season before they approved an approach from Thaksin Shinawatra - a guy who was already in exile after getting overthrown due to corruption!
Hasta la victoria siempre

AustinPowers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c1vv4qlv077o

Martial gone. That's one  piece of deadwood gone  anyway

I wonder who  will follow