Tír Eoghain v Dún na nGall

Started by tyroneman, March 18, 2008, 01:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Firstly let me say I've no inside information so don't read to much into what I say. Its just my own opinion on the facts and rumours escalating around.

I think Stevie just needs some time away from the game and maybe from Harte to clear his head and his injuries.
I think Mickey may have annoyed Stevie in a few ways both within and outside football and so their relationship isn't as good as it had been years ago.

But I reckon Harte has planted the seed of hope within the squad that if enough team spirit is created to bring him back then he'll find it hard to turn his back on that come May or June time or even later.

Maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder but with Stevie getting married this year he wants to put a hectic intercounty timetable to one side for a year or so before thinking about it again.

Personally I think he will hold off for at the earliest next year and see what his medical team tell him.

orangeman

see what his medical team tell him.

What's the nature of the injury ???

Fuzzman

Are you seriously asking that
The man's knees and hamstrings have been giving him trouble for the past 2 years

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on March 19, 2008, 05:38:23 PM
see what his medical team tell him.

What's the nature of the injury ???

He also injuried his ham string a few weeks ago training for Clann naGael. He could be out for a month or two.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Looking forward to this one. We've developed a healthy rivalry in recent years, with some big beatings handed out to each other. Probably the one that hurt most was the McFadden show in 2004.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the green man

Tyrone to win this one for me. The UVF brigade need the points more that Daniels outfit. Tyrone by 4

Fuzzman

How did Jordan play at Full back last week?

Is it possible Mickey is contemplating moving him there and putting Ricey at 7?

Any news on Mugsy?
Is Colm Cavanagh out injured or has he been dropped?

orangeman

Gormley ended up at full back - I can't see Jordan being FB come championship time.

ziggysego

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 20, 2008, 10:47:45 AM
Is Colm Cavanagh out injured or has he been dropped?

Colm was playing last night for the Tyrone U21s. I'd say that this was the reason he wasn't playing, but I'm sure someone will correct me on this.
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

How did they do Ziggy?

Any other Senior players on?

What's your thoughts on why Mickey isn't playing MCaul
Havent saw either PJ or Swift?
What are they like?
Tall? Fast? good man markers?
People are talking recently that they will keep their places

ziggysego

Couldn't get the game on the radio Fuzzman, so don't know how it went.

Final score was Tyrone 2-10 Cavan 1-10.

tyrone86 was at it though.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lads, am going to be in Carlow for the Donegal v tyrone match, is it on TG4 or Setanta, if Setanta, is it S. Ireland
Tbc....

Fuzzman

According to the Setanta Schedule http://www.setanta.com/en/ROI/TV-Listings/ they're showing the brilliant COrk v Cavan game.

Unreal Ulster champions v Natinal league champions and they choose Cavan.
Dunno about TG4 but I thought they only did the Sunday games

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Yeah Fuzzman, afaik TG4 does only do the Sunday games, was wishful thinking on my part.
Tbc....

tyroneman

Mugsy out for 4-5 weeks with a hamstring tear, just as he looked to be getting some form back  :(

The injury jinx strikes again.