20 Ciaran Gourley An Charraig
21 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mhór
22 Damian McCaul Domhnach Mór
23 Michael McGee  Loch Mhic Ruairí
24 Brian McGuigan Ard Bó
25 Shaun O'Neill An Droim Mhór
26 Martin Swift Coill an Chlochair
27 John Devine Aireagal Chiaráin

Not much talk of the game on here. Not a bad lineup. Wouldnt be convinced with that full forward line though, if it was a championship match Id definately be worried. Dont think you can get away with both Gormley and McCullagh. Apart from that Swift was unlucky he didnt start but not suprised Carlin didnt. The defence does look pretty strong and not sure who Swift should be in for. Wouldnt be totally convinced with Holmes at this stage in midfield, think he's only useful for 15-20 minutes coming of the bench. Hopefully a few Tyrone supporters will turn up this time.

Not too sure what you mean by that TD, McCullagh has been the most Consistent forward we've
had in some time and like a few others here, i also believe Gormley deserves a decent chance.
Who is it you'd have in there?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrone Dreamer

Just feel Gormley and McCullagh are both quite small and the ball needs to played in pretty good for them to win it. Gormley has been impressive this season coming from the bench but its always tougher starting when there's less space. McCullagh hasnt scored an awful lot from play which isnt ideal at full forward though he has worked very hard. Not sure with the injuires if we have any better options though - maybe Colm Cavanagh or Snowy.

Its half way during the league and if I was picking Tyrone's first 15 now and assuming every player was available and fit including Stevie O'Neill Id go with:
Packie
Swift
Joe McMahon
PJ Quinn
Ricey
Gormley
Phily J
Justy McMahon
Enda McGinley
Dooher
McGuigan
Cavanagh
Mulgrew
Stevie O'Neill
Mugsy
If O'Neill was out there'd be 4 or 5 boys in contention (Colm C,McCullagh,Mellon,Tommy McGuigan,Niall G) for that place. Harte would be extremely unlucky to miss out but thats some half back line.

orangeman

Keep dreaming - don't think we're going to see this line out !

J70

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 27, 2008, 11:10:21 PM
Strong enough line-up, and would expect the defensive positions to be fairly fluid come the whistle.

Good to hear the Donegal wans are writing us off; reminds me of the conversation I overheard (a half-crippled) Damien Diver have with a fellow county man in St Endas just before the Ulster Championship clash last summer: "This isn't going to be too much of a problem for us, can't see them giving us too much trouble" says he, with his confrere in due and dutiful assent  ;)

Well out of the loop here, but what's the craic with Hub?... Disappeared off the radar altogether it would seem, picked up an injury?

Yeah right! As if any sensible Donegal person would write off Tyrone given the hammerings you've dished out to us over the years and our singular talent for spectacular flops. Try harder!

We're due a drubbing anyway this weekend. The seniors to follow the U-21s in bringing us all back down to earth with a bang. Tyrone by six.

orangeman

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: J70 on March 27, 2008, 11:51:15 PM
Good to hear the Donegal wans are writing us off; reminds me of the conversation I overheard (a half-crippled) Damien Diver have with a fellow county man in St Endas just before the Ulster Championship clash last summer: "This isn't going to be too much of a problem for us, can't see them giving us too much trouble" says he, with his confrere in due and dutiful assent  ;)

Yeah right! As if any sensible Donegal person would write off Tyrone given the hammerings you've dished out to us over the years and our singular talent for spectacular flops. Try harder!

Where's the Bible, or whatever... I kid you not J70, and it wasn't without a rather wry smile that I ascended the Stand steps thereafter, and an even wrier (wider) one on descent!  ;)

Nice try at the reverse psych though  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2008, 12:00:46 AM
Well out of the loop here, but what's the craic with Hub?... Disappeared off the radar altogether it would seem, picked up an injury?
Story goes that his wife (who has a great brain for Gaelic football since watching many Derrytresk greats through the years) asked him to hammer a nail in the wall of their home. Kevin, who believed that it was needed to hang the wonderful picture of him holding Sam that they got as a wedding present, hammered it in. His lovely wife then said, "That's for you to do us all a favour and hang your boots up, you useless c**t".

Did this really happen ?

J70

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 28, 2008, 12:10:01 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 27, 2008, 11:51:15 PM

Where's the Bible, or whatever... I kid you not J70, and it wasn't without a rather wry smile that I ascended the Stand steps thereafter, and an even wrier (wider) one on descent!  ;)

Nice try at the reverse psych though  :P

Except that I don't think we'll actually beat youse this weekend. You need the points more than us at the moment. Plus, we're too reliant on McFadden for scores, and if he's having a decent game, Gormley will be moved back to mark him (although that might release the likes of Kavanagh to do a bit of damage). If we struggle at midfield, it will be an easy enough win for Tyrone.

Fuzzman

I think J70 you're expecting the Tyrone from last summer to turn up again as in Clones but we're a very different side to then.
The league has been a rough journey this time with problems at Full back, Midfield and the whole forward line struggling for scores

We're hoping its just the winter slumber and heavy pitches and that we'd be happy to finish mid table and lie in the long grass til May for Down.

Does anyone know is Hub injured or has he been droppped?
Also has McCaul dropped down the pecking order as well as Gourley?

I'm glad to see Holmes & McGinley at midfield as we seem to continue to struggle here year after year with the aul chestnut of we can win enough breaking ball to make up for this weakness.

Presume its not on TV or Radio anywhere as Setanta are showing the exciting Cavan v Cork game.  :o

orangeman

Also has McCaul dropped down the pecking order as well as Gourley?

Apart from that game ( which he was thrown into ) against Meath last year, was he ever up the pecking order ? I can't really understand this - if he was good enough then, why not now, - is he injured ?

Zapatista

Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2008, 12:28:25 AM
we're too reliant on McFadden for scores.

At least ye have someone to rely on to do it.

Tyrone Dreamer

I actually think we could name a team not playing tomorrow that the team named would struggle to beat if the boys were fit:
Devine
McGee
McCarron
Swift
McCaul
Gourley
Carlin
Joe McMahon
Hub
Dooher
McGuigan
Colm Cavanagh
Snowy
Stevie O'Neill
Mugsy

Doesnt look at this stage that the injuries are ever going to clear up.

Zapatista

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid in naming Stephen O'Neill in 'own  choice' Tyrone teams? The guy is not available. It's like naming Canavan he simply is not available.

Puckoon

No, zap Im with you. The team wont progress if they are looking over their shoulders waiting for Stephen to return. Unless alot of posters know things the rest of us dont - and a return in early summer is emminent.

Still no one with any news of Hub?

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2008, 12:00:46 AM
Story goes that his wife (who has a great brain for Gaelic football since watching many Derrytresk greats through the years) asked him to hammer a nail in the wall of their home. Kevin, who believed that it was needed to hang the wonderful picture of him holding Sam that they got as a wedding present, hammered it in. His lovely wife then said, "That's for you to do us all a favour and hang your boots up, you useless c**t".

Cracker, I like it!