Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Change At Mallow

So the championship nicely heating up now

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on July 02, 2012, 02:24:42 PM
Wouldn't score 2-10 against us if we played every week from now to Christmas.

8 Points wasn't a bad return in this game . . .

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2008/0516/231930-antrim_cavan/

AQMP

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 02, 2012, 02:24:42 PM
Wouldn't score 2-10 against us if we played every week from now to Christmas.

8 Points wasn't a bad return in this game . . .

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2008/0516/231930-antrim_cavan/

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2009/0627/251126-antrim_cavan/

Two from play and two frees in 09.  I was at this game and after a lively first 10 mins Colin Brady had him in his pocket.

magpie seanie

The possibilities with this draw are endless....

spuds

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 05, 2012, 11:38:34 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/kildare-hurling-chief-lashes-transfer-farce-3159206.html
On seeing this I said fair play to him for speaking out against this farce as had heard no other officials making any complaints, but then he tries to absolve Coill Dubh from any blame by stating that they were only bending to pressure and then complains that
Quote"Some of the requests made to that individual (Johnston) were completely above and beyond what has even been asked of anybody else who has ever wished to transfer. Some of the requests that were asked of him were wrong, there was no need for them."
::)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Dinny Breen

That's just preparing the ground, there will a Curragh version of 'The night of the long knives' soon enough I'd expect, the clubs are quite angry across both codes and there will be some blood letting, will be interesting to see who's left standing...
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2012, 11:53:39 AM
That's just preparing the ground, there will a Curragh version of 'The night of the long knives' soon enough I'd expect, the clubs are quite angry across both codes and there will be some blood letting, will be interesting to see who's left standing...

It's inevitable.

Plenty of "dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi" going on at the moment.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

LeoMc

Once SJ makes his debut for Kildare could he transfer back too Cavan Gaels and player for them in this years Cavan championship?
As he has only played championship hurling he should still be able to play!

All of a Sludden

Speculation is rife that Seanie Johnston will return to his home club Cavan Gaels in the coming weeks.

Johnston's transfer to Kildare last year dominated most of the headlines throughout the year, but the former Cavan captain eventually made the switch to the Lilywhites and linked up with club side St Kevin's.

Johnson missed out on the opening round of this year's Kildare SFC through injury and thus is eligible to make the switch back to his native club Cavan Gaels.

His return would be a huge boost to the former champions as they look to put in a strong bid for championship honours, having been knocked out at the quarterfinal stage by Killygarry last year.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Syferus

It's a bit cat that after all the protestations now Cavan are trying to poach an established Kildare IC player. Lordsaveusandhelpus.

rodney trotter

Be surprised if Johnston is is recalled by Terry next year. New team now, and there is far more competition for places.

Be a good asset for Cavan Gaels nonetheless, with himself and Martin Dunne.

Applesisapples

This is as farcical as the guys going to the US. Time the GAA stood up to players transferring on the basis of where they are most likely to succeed. Johnston threw a hissy fit and should just suck it up. What has happened to the Club/parish/county ethos?

Syferus

Seanie, find a Rossie uncle on the family tree or something and we'll hook you up and save you from these heathen Ulster men.

Well, mainly just the Armagh lads.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2013, 12:48:06 PM
Seanie, find a Rossie uncle on the family tree or something and we'll hook you up and save you from these heathen Ulster men.

Well, mainly just the Armagh lads.
I did say where they are most likely to suceed! ;D