Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

'Cavan v Kildare!! The revenge of the the common gael for the minute and a half hurling cameo' Jarlath Burns

LilySavage

'Cavan v Kildare!! The revenge of the the common gael for the minute and a half hurling cameo' Jarlath Burns

If Burns said this, i sincerely hope he never makes GAA President. Hope that clown never makes GAA President. Populist trash.

orangeman

Cavan county board have just announced that 10% of all proceeds from ticket receipts will be donated to Seanie's extraordinary diesel bill due to his very long commute.

Applesisapples

Lads lost in all of this is the plight of Cavan Gaels who have lost a player, who obviously put his own ego before his Club, the very ethos of the GAA. Comparisons with Peter Canavan can't be made, Peter needed to be a member of a Club to represent Tyrone, as he was obviously wishing to return to his own Club it was easier to become a member of a Hurling Club as the rules allow for. The whole Seanie Johnson thing stinks to high heavan and the only mistake the GAA have made in my opinion is in allowing the transfer. The Kildare CB, McGeeney, Kildare hurling and the two Kildare Clubs involved have absolutely no respect for the GAA, its ethos nor it's traditions. Glad to see Meath put them out. McGeeney for Armagh...I hope not. I had great admiration for him as a player, but if he is behind this fiasco he could struggle for a job when the envitable happens.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 02, 2012, 11:50:17 AM
Lads lost in all of this is the plight of Cavan Gaels who have lost a player, who obviously put his own ego before his Club, the very ethos of the GAA. Comparisons with Peter Canavan can't be made, Peter needed to be a member of a Club to represent Tyrone, as he was obviously wishing to return to his own Club it was easier to become a member of a Hurling Club as the rules allow for. The whole Seanie Johnson thing stinks to high heavan and the only mistake the GAA have made in my opinion is in allowing the transfer. The Kildare CB, McGeeney, Kildare hurling and the two Kildare Clubs involved have absolutely no respect for the GAA, its ethos nor it's traditions. Glad to see Meath put them out. McGeeney for Armagh...I hope not. I had great admiration for him as a player, but if he is behind this fiasco he could struggle for a job when the envitable happens.

How in the name of god have Kildare hurling got anything to do with this? It was Coill Dubh and Johnston who made a complete mockery of our hurling championship. Have a look at any Kildare hurlers twitter accounts and you'll see how they feel about this. I played hurling in Kildare for many years and got great enjoyment out of it. To see the way that it was demeaned on Saturday was one of the main reasons that I can't say I was overly bothered to see the footballers lose yesterday.

Celbridge drew with Confey in an excellent game prior to Johnston's 45 second cameo yet there was five times the crowd out on the side pitch in Clane watching Coill Dubh warming up than watching the fine match on the main pitch. That replay is on in Leixlip tomorrow night but something tells me it won't attract the same media circus that the double header on Saturday did.  ::)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 02, 2012, 12:02:00 PM

How in the name of god have Kildare hurling got anything to do with this? It was Coill Dubh and Johnston who made a complete mockery of our hurling championship. Have a look at any Kildare hurlers twitter accounts and you'll see how they feel about this. I played hurling in Kildare for many years and got great enjoyment out of it. To see the way that it was demeaned on Saturday was one of the main reasons that I can't say I was overly bothered to see the footballers lose yesterday.

Celbridge drew with Confey in an excellent game prior to Johnston's 45 second cameo yet there was five times the crowd out on the side pitch in Clane watching Coill Dubh warming up than watching the fine match on the main pitch. That replay is on in Leixlip tomorrow night but something tells me it won't attract the same media circus that the double header on Saturday did.  ::)
Point taken, but surely the Hurling Board would have been involved?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 02, 2012, 12:20:06 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 02, 2012, 12:02:00 PM

Point taken, but surely the Hurling Board would have been involved?

I don't know how they could have been involved in any way. Johnston was legitimately registered with Coill Dubh so it was purely a matter for those two parties.

johnneycool

what sort of eejit manages Coill Dubh hurlers and let that happen? What did the players think?

Surely there would have been some sort of objection from within the hurlers in the club to be used in such a manner.

did the hoor even touch leather?

(he may have touched cloth  ;)  )

theticklemister

Yeah hardstation I saw that on TSG game also. All the players having a laugh. The club has totally neglected everything that is good in the GAA. I'm sure the club committee had a meeting in prior to them being asked to play Johnson in game, am I corrected? Are they all a load of spineless hoors down there that no one in that committee stood up and challenged this???? Or was it 'pushed' through?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: johnneycool on July 02, 2012, 01:13:54 PM
what sort of eejit manages Coill Dubh hurlers and let that happen? What did the players think?

Surely there would have been some sort of objection from within the hurlers in the club to be used in such a manner.

The Coill Dubh manager is a brother of one of the Kildare selectors.

sheamy

from Paddy Power:

Seanie Johnston Specials

Kildare v Cavan
2/1 To Start The Match
Evens To come on as a sub
15/2 1st Goalscorer
10/1 To sit with the Cavan management and players during the match
16/1 To kiss the Kildare Badge
20/1 To be Red Carded
80/1 To outscore Cavan
500/1 To wear a hurling helmet during the match

2012 Specials
7/1 To be Kildare's Top Championship scorer
16/1 To win an All Star
100/1 To win footballer of the year
10,000/1 To win hurler of the year

johnneycool

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 02, 2012, 01:38:37 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 02, 2012, 01:13:54 PM

The Coill Dubh manager is a brother of one of the Kildare selectors.

Football selector?

Applesisapples

The best part of the SG Live sequence was when Joe said that if you needed someone to score 2-10 against Antrim in a friendly then Sean was your man!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 02, 2012, 02:01:02 PM
The best part of the SG Live sequence was when Joe said that if you needed someone to score 2-10 against Antrim in a friendly then Sean was your man!

Thought that was petty and out of line myself...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010