Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

kinda think he better than the reillys myself, larry reilly was a speed merchant and was hard to handle but faded in latter yrs when the legs went, Jason o`reilly was dangerous and had  a good goal threat, overall johnston would be more gifted though he didnt give cavan what reillys did but still say he wasa better foobtaller, McCabe would be cavan best footballer of the past 25yrs but was really a midfielder and comparsion between midfielders and corner forwards cant really be done, sure the forward never score if the midfielder or defender didnt set up plays for them

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2012, 12:41:12 PM
I was just thinking of all this from a Kildare perspective and I have to say McGeeney is taking an incredible, maybe even a bizarre, risk. He has to deliver something this year or he is gone. Its Leinster or bust I'm thinking. He has pissed of a lot of Kildare followers head hunting players, if he manages to get championship matches moved or johnston onto a hurling team then he will have pissed off even more. The knives will be out for him if it all goes badly. Where does that leave Johnston next year?

Then if Johnston doesn't get his run out for St Kevins, he sits on his arse till next season. Who knows who will be in charge next season down there.

It all seems like a really stupid exercise from all involved.

Myles, let that codger go where he will.
There is no point in raising your blood pressure or disturbing your sleep any more.
Seanie is past history now for Cavan GAA fans.
You captured the mood of the general public perfectly when you wrote an analysis of the reasons why the massacre at Loughinisland ought to be commemorated.
I think it was one of the most memorable posts I have read on this board.
Hard to credit it came from the same individual who is ranting away here.
You can and have done much better.
After all, Seanie is a free agent. He can't be forced to play for Cavan or any other county against his will. I doubt that he will be a positive addition to McGeeney's squad given the extra baggage he brings with him but that's another story.

BTW, is Seanie a son of the late Brian Johnston, the former county manager?
I knew poor Brian well when he was the Wicklow manager and he was one hell of a decent man.
I lost contact when Brian moved to Cavan and don't know what any of his family is doing now
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

tommysmith

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2012, 09:29:35 AM
He's not fit to lace either Jason or Larrys boots.
Both in their prime were far superior players.

I wont disagree with that.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 26, 2012, 02:44:33 PM
I was just thinking of all this from a Kildare perspective and I have to say McGeeney is taking an incredible, maybe even a bizarre, risk. He has to deliver something this year or he is gone. Its Leinster or bust I'm thinking. He has pissed of a lot of Kildare followers head hunting players, if he manages to get championship matches moved or johnston onto a hurling team then he will have pissed off even more. The knives will be out for him if it all goes badly. Where does that leave Johnston next year?

Then if Johnston doesn't get his run out for St Kevins, he sits on his arse till next season. Who knows who will be in charge next season down there.

There is no point in raising your blood pressure or disturbing your sleep any more.
You captured the mood of the general public perfectly when you wrote an analysis of the reasons why the massacre at Loughinisland ought to be commemorated.
After all, Seanie is a free agent. He can't be forced to play for Cavan or any other county against his will. I doubt that he will be a positive addition to McGeeney's squad given the extra baggage he brings with him but that's another story.

I knew poor Brian well when he was the Wicklow manager and he was one hell of a decent man.
I lost contact when Brian moved to Cavan and don't know what any of his family is doing now

Ah c'mon Lar.
Next thing you'll be telling us cows have 4 stomachs.
Which is equally relevant to this topic.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Lar - I thought I made myself clear here, I couldn't care less, from a cavan perspective, where Sean Johnston goes as long as its not near a cavan jersey. However, I think its a bad move for the GAA transfer like this to be allowed happen. I also thought most Kildare people were against the move but maybe not, maybe they would stoop to this level gladly to win. Unfortunately, in time they will find out that it wasn't worth it.

I didn't realise Stevie G and Mup were kildare fans, but if they are the average intellect of a Kildare fan on here is dropping very low indeed.

Finally Dougal - Sean Johnstons greatest moment in a Cavan jersey, 20 minutes as a sub where he won a game in the qualifiers against Wicklow. In fairness it was an incredible display of point scoring. I've never doubted his ability, go back on the Cavan page to the time that happened and you'll find me praising the skill he has. However, he was dropped for that game because he didn't bother his arse train with the team after they were put out of Ulster. He wasn't injured - I heard him give an interview to Northern Sound after the game where he said he wasn't playing and that the interviewer would have to ask Tom Carr why. You could also go back to the year before down in Aughrim where Wicklow beat Cavan easily, Johnston that day didn't bother his hole, probably because it was a wet horrible day. The point is there is no doubt he possesses great skill but that is not enough if your attitude is dung. Anyway, it seems that this is Kildares problem to worry about now.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=53.7890

Westside

Belfast Telegraph today:
Cavan chairman Tom O'Reilly said: "Obviously the Central Appeals Committee has made its decision and we have to accept that. But I must say I am really disappointed that Seanie did not dig in and stay with us. He could have won his place back in the panel.

"There are counties closer to Kildare that he could have joined if he was so keen to leave but obviously he had reasons for wanting to move there. For our part, we are now hopeful of getting a decent run in the qualifiers following that defeat by Donegal last Sunday.

"We have young players coming through in our side and we have to move on."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/johnston-may-have-to-wait-to-make-kildare-bow-16163798.html#ixzz1vzWMl3fj

mup

Atta boy myles. You've been found out so you resort to insults. Indeed it is for us to worry about it so mind your own business.

anglocelt39

Yeah Lar I'd have to agree that Myles has shown himself capable of intelligent and coherent posts. For whatever reason on the subject of Seanie he seems to assume a cross between a rabid dog and that old bore that you try to avoid in every local pub, the fella with the one yarn that has to be recycled again, and again and again to everybody unfortunate enough to stray into his path.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

Christ lads does every debate need to descend into shots at the poster? Can ye not just discuss the issue and if you believe it's been discussed to death then stay off the thread. This Myles v AC39 is tiresome childish bullshit to have to trawl through. Give it a rest please.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2012, 03:40:24 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 26, 2012, 02:44:33 PM

Ah c'mon Lar.
Next thing you'll be telling us cows have 4 stomachs.
Which is equally relevant to this topic.
Ah, yes indeed but you could have gone further and admitted that she has only one anal orifice to handle the combined output from those four stomachs.
One has to admit that she does that rather well.
(All of which is as relevant to this topic as the point you are making.)

Anyone care to tell me if Seanie is Brian Johnston's son?

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on May 26, 2012, 05:38:03 PM
This Myles v AC39 is tiresome childish bullshit to have to trawl through. Give it a rest please.

Myles won last february and the other fellow threw the toys out of the pram and said he was deleting his account, but he cant help himself always has to get his oar in.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on May 26, 2012, 06:50:34 PM
This Myles v AC39 is tiresome childish bullshit to have to trawl through. Give it a rest please.

Myles won last february and the other fellow threw the toys out of the pram and said he was deleting his account, but he cant help himself always has to get his oar in.
He didn't ignore me for too long, was it even a week?

cogito

Christ lads does every debate need to descend into shots at the poster? Can ye not just discuss the issue and if you believe it's been discussed to death then stay off the thread. This Myles v AC39 is tiresome childish bullshit to have to trawl through. Give it a rest please.

Did u not just answer your own problem there pal?

Stevie g 8

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2012, 09:51:44 AM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 26, 2012, 02:15:48 AM
Quote from: Westside on May 26, 2012, 01:06:24 AM
Best player in the last 10 years!? Consistently!? You sir are deluded. Johnston is behind Larry Reilly, Jason Reilly and Dermot McCabe in terms of impact and talent over the past decade.
Think your the one that's deluded.behind larry and Jason Reilly,your having a laugh,not even in the same league

Judging by your user name and comments I'm guessing you watch more premier league than cavan gaa. Johnson wouldn't even figure in my top 15 cavan players in my life time. I'd take McCabe with 1 leg ahead of him and Larry was just way better. Johnston played as many crap games as he did great ones and bulked up a lot of his score tallies with frees.
Take your head out of your ass and don't be such a d**k the whole time myles.so if we watch other sports we cannot have an opinion on GAA.you obviously have a massive problem with seanie Johnston,maybe it's jealousy I dunno but get over yourself.i saw him play with Cavan and Cavan Gaels plenty of times and always thought he was a fine player who sometimes won games single handedly and was by far better than them other players you mentioned.he was surplus to requirements for the Cavan team and was approached to play for Kildare and decided to give it a go as he still has plenty to offer at the top level