Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: mup on May 25, 2012, 10:17:55 PM
As the bould Hamlet might say 'Something is rotten in the GAA'. Or something similar.

That Shakespeare fella was way ahead of his time.

There is indeed something rotten in the GAA and in my opinion is currently living in an apartment provided FOC by a member of the Kildare Supporters club.

big balla

Quote from: heffo on May 25, 2012, 10:23:31 PM
As the bould Hamlet might say 'Something is rotten in the GAA'. Or something similar.

There is indeed something rotten in the GAA and in my opinion is currently living in an apartment provided FOC by a member of the Kildare Supporters club.

+1

heffo

Well your two posts up above tell me otherwise.

If you do happen to be a member of one of those committees then I don't think its right that you should be broadcasting what you on a website. In fact its wrong that you know at all to be honest given that you claim not to be a member of the CCCC. As the bould Hamlet might say 'Something is rotten in the GAA'. Or something similar.

I'm not a member of the CCCC or anything near it and as I've already stated as a member of the GAA I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion on this issue.

Rossfan

Quote from: big balla on May 25, 2012, 10:24:48 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 25, 2012, 10:23:31 PM

+1

+2.
Us Ros lads should probably be keeping our heads down these days but this whole saga is a disgraceful exploitation of GAA rules.
FFS if he was teaching in Dublin or Wickla or the like there might be some decency in it ...but for a man from Cavan Town who is a teacher in Cavan Town to be living in Straffan  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Then he joins a club miles away from Straffan -- where there is a club -  more of these  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mup

I never said you were a member of Cccc.

Do you think you have right to come onto forum and mention things that perhaps shouldnt be known in public? Its akin to a Fine Gael back bencher coming on here telling us whats coming up in the budget.

Im just not comfortable with the fact that the hallowed halls of Croke Park are just one big gossip shop.

Stevie g 8

Quote from: big balla on May 25, 2012, 10:22:14 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 25, 2012, 02:55:07 PM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 25, 2012, 02:03:00 PM
Seanie Johnston going back with Cavan was never going to happen,why would he,he got no support from the players at the time when he was treated appallingly by management.he carried them on his own for years and he got treated like that.better off well away

Where did he carry them to? Was he driving the bus?

Maybe the fact that the players never even whimpered tells its own tale.

How exactly did he carry Cavan? By heading to America for the summer and skipping the qualifiers a few years back?
He was consistently cavans best play by far these past 10 years or so.is it again the law to go away for a summer and maybe enjoy himself,that's another thing that's against the ethos of the GAA and frowned upon.

Westside

Best player in the last 10 years!? Consistently!? You sir are deluded. Johnston is behind Larry Reilly, Jason Reilly and Dermot McCabe in terms of impact and talent over the past decade.

Stevie g 8

Quote from: Westside on May 26, 2012, 01:06:24 AM
Best player in the last 10 years!? Consistently!? You sir are deluded. Johnston is behind Larry Reilly, Jason Reilly and Dermot McCabe in terms of impact and talent over the past decade.
Think your the one that's deluded.behind larry and Jason Reilly,your having a laugh,not even in the same league

Jinxy

He's not fit to lace either Jason or Larrys boots.
Both in their prime were far superior players.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 26, 2012, 02:15:48 AM
Quote from: Westside on May 26, 2012, 01:06:24 AM
Think your the one that's deluded.behind larry and Jason Reilly,your having a laugh,not even in the same league

Judging by your user name and comments I'm guessing you watch more premier league than cavan gaa. Johnson wouldn't even figure in my top 15 cavan players in my life time. I'd take McCabe with 1 leg ahead of him and Larry was just way better. Johnston played as many crap games as he did great ones and bulked up a lot of his score tallies with frees.

cogito

Jinxy

Seanie is another one of these lads who gets better the less he plays.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

I was just thinking of all this from a Kildare perspective and I have to say McGeeney is taking an incredible, maybe even a bizarre, risk. He has to deliver something this year or he is gone. Its Leinster or bust I'm thinking. He has pissed of a lot of Kildare followers head hunting players, if he manages to get championship matches moved or johnston onto a hurling team then he will have pissed off even more. The knives will be out for him if it all goes badly. Where does that leave Johnston next year?

Then if Johnston doesn't get his run out for St Kevins, he sits on his arse till next season. Who knows who will be in charge next season down there.

It all seems like a really stupid exercise from all involved.

omagh_gael

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2012, 12:41:12 PM
I was just thinking of all this from a Kildare perspective and I have to say McGeeney is taking an incredible, maybe even a bizarre, risk. He has to deliver something this year or he is gone. Its Leinster or bust I'm thinking. He has pissed of a lot of Kildare followers head hunting players, if he manages to get championship matches moved or johnston onto a hurling team then he will have pissed off even more. The knives will be out for him if it all goes badly. Where does that leave Johnston next year?

Then if Johnston doesn't get his run out for St Kevins, he sits on his arse till next season. Who knows who will be in charge next season down there.

Val?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2012, 12:41:12 PM

Unless the intellect of the average Kildare supporter has dropped considerably, you are not.
#newbridgeornowhere