Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: mup on May 24, 2012, 05:49:17 PM
Ok Donnellys Hollow may I ask you this?

Remember '98 and the three 'outsiders' we had. I'm sure then we had three Kildare men lose their place on the panel to those same three outsiders. I don't that has done a whole lot of harm to Kildare football. Our underage set up has improved hugely over the past 4/5 years. These were the kids who saw Kildare reach an AI in '98 and spawned their interest in putting on the white jersey.

The outsiders in that case didn't do any harm at all to the future of Kildare football.

You could counter that by pointing to the example of John Divily in the middle of the last decade. Look at how Mick Foley's development was delayed because we had Divily doing such a sterling job in the no 6 shirt. We'd be far better off blooding Dowling or Fogarty (like we did in the league final) and having them benefit from the experience rather than turning to an outsider. Who's to say whether Johnston will be around in two or three years time?

'98 was all well and good but I fail to see how O'Dwyer, Lacey and Murphy are relevant to this argument. Different times and all that. You'd have think Kildare football would have moved on from where we were twelve years ago now that we've finally got our underage structures in decent shape.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 05:22:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 05:15:03 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 04:20:25 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 04:16:24 PM
Come off it, we all know Croke Park stalled this so that Kevin's would already have played championship...

Really?

How long in your experience does the average inter-provincial transfer take? One that isn't contrived now...

Yes really. Are you honestly telling me that it couldn't have gone through last week? That the timing of the first round of the Kildare club championship had nothing to do with it? That Cavan Gaels or Cavan did lodge an objection, contrary to number two above?
You're trying to paint this as just a normal inter-provincial transfer that took the normal amount of time, that Croke Park simply processed it as they usually would. We both know that  from day one it has not been viewed that way.

I'm struggling to understand your questions.

Are you asking or stating that both Cavan parties made an objection? I've stated twice in the last few hours what happened there.

I'll be clear, this transfer, the third such application was processed in a normal amount of time.

I'll reduce it to one question in plain English.

Do you honestly believe that Croke Park did not intentionally delay this transfer to stop Seanie Johnston lining out for St Kevin's last weekend?

Yes I honestly believe that.

OK, fair enough, though I'd say you're in the vast minority. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: mup on May 24, 2012, 05:49:17 PM
Ok Donnellys Hollow may I ask you this?

Remember '98 and the three 'outsiders' we had. I'm sure then we had three Kildare men lose their place on the panel to those same three outsiders. I don't that has done a whole lot of harm to Kildare football. Our underage set up has improved hugely over the past 4/5 years. These were the kids who saw Kildare reach an AI in '98 and spawned their interest in putting on the white jersey.

The outsiders in that case didn't do any harm at all to the future of Kildare football.

It's not really about whether it's good or not for Kildare football - I don't agree with the transfer because it's not what the GAA should be about.
However, I also don't agree with the hypocrisy and anti-Kildare bias whereby people carry on as if this is the first inter-county transfer in history, and who don't bat an eyelid when Laois, Offaly, Wicklow or Cork do the same.
And I certainly don't agree with Meath men calling us a 'disgrace'.

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 05:31:48 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 11:14:43 AM
I hope your committee is more adept Heffo (btw, did Dinny refresh your memory ok?)  ;D

Come again??

You said you'd never heard of events as summarised in Lar narparkas post (and located by Dinny), despite the fact you're clearly all over the thread, and this was a very prominent post, commented on by quite a few other posters. I assume it must have been memory loss, for a committee member such as yourself would not stoop to lies  ;)

I think your comments are a little unfair.

Since day one when I first started posting on this topic most of the factual stuff I've posted has been derided as lies by various posters but all were subsequently proven true.

Except the post agreeing you'd never heard the above!

Ach, its all just a bit of craic Heffo, sure doesnt it add to the pantomime  ;)

haranguerer

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 24, 2012, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 05:22:17 PM
Come off it, we all know Croke Park stalled this so that Kevin's would already have played championship...

Really?

How long in your experience does the average inter-provincial transfer take? One that isn't contrived now...

Yes really. Are you honestly telling me that it couldn't have gone through last week? That the timing of the first round of the Kildare club championship had nothing to do with it? That Cavan Gaels or Cavan did lodge an objection, contrary to number two above?
You're trying to paint this as just a normal inter-provincial transfer that took the normal amount of time, that Croke Park simply processed it as they usually would. We both know that  from day one it has not been viewed that way.

Are you asking or stating that both Cavan parties made an objection? I've stated twice in the last few hours what happened there.

I'll be clear, this transfer, the third such application was processed in a normal amount of time.

I'll reduce it to one question in plain English.

Do you honestly believe that Croke Park did not intentionally delay this transfer to stop Seanie Johnston lining out for St Kevin's last weekend?

Yes I honestly believe that.

If Croke Park didn't want him to play for Kildare then why did they not just reject the appeal? Naw - just delay it a bit, that'll really sicken them.... ::)

Because there was absolutely no basis to do so, as evidenced by the fact they went so far as to introduce new laws during the process which themselves were flawed  ;D f**king inept hoors!

Actually, it'll save a lot of time if you just read the thread!

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 05:31:48 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 11:14:43 AM
I hope your committee is more adept Heffo (btw, did Dinny refresh your memory ok?)  ;D

Come again??

You said you'd never heard of events as summarised in Lar narparkas post (and located by Dinny), despite the fact you're clearly all over the thread, and this was a very prominent post, commented on by quite a few other posters. I assume it must have been memory loss, for a committee member such as yourself would not stoop to lies  ;)

I think your comments are a little unfair.

Since day one when I first started posting on this topic most of the factual stuff I've posted has been derided as lies by various posters but all were subsequently proven true.

Except the post agreeing you'd never heard the above!

Ach, its all just a bit of craic Heffo, sure doesnt it add to the pantomime  ;)

Genuinely don't recall and certainly never posted about it.

Did hear from a very good source a different story about a phone call on speaker in the car and the other party not knowing there was another person in the car.

DuffleKing

Really?

Surely it has been established that each of those three applications were incorrectly rejected?
There is a serious charge here of malicious misuse of authority and procedure,one that has been highlighted on this forum from an early stage.

heffo

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 24, 2012, 07:22:12 PM

Really?

Surely it has been established that each of those three applications were incorrectly rejected?

How so?

The first was rejected as he gave an address he wasn't living at and wasn't planning on transferring clubs.

Why was the second rejected and why was it illegally so?

The third was allowed through by the CHC on a technicality...

Hill16 Blues

Whatever about other counties and transfers this sets a very bad precedent for tha GAA. This is the first time a high profile player has moved from weaker county to strong county where there is no connection with county he moves to i.e does not work there and is only living there as a means to an end. As a Dublin supporter I would not accept this if we went after or took a player in on that basis.

In essense now there is nothing to stop under the counter deals being done to persuade talented players moving to strong teams. Whether Johnstons move is technically within the rules or not doesn't matter. It is not right. Think it also reflects very poorly on Kildare and shows McGeaney and the Kildare county board have no shame in how they're going about their business. If he qualifies to play via hurling game that will top it all off. Will turn a lot of people against Kildare when he eventually does put on a jersey he has no right to wear. Shocking way also to treat the decent underage players that Kildare have coming through.

Will be really interesting to see if Johnston stays with Kildare after McGeaney goes which could in fact be this year. if Kildare don't win anything this year it's hard to see how the KCB can afford to keep mortgaging the county's future to pay him and his entourage.

haranguerer

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on May 24, 2012, 10:07:34 PM

In essense now there is nothing to stop under the counter deals being done to persuade talented players moving to strong teams.

Ehhhh...amateur status??

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 10:31:11 PM
Quote from: Hill16 Blues on May 24, 2012, 10:07:34 PM

In essense now there is nothing to stop under the counter deals being done to persuade talented players moving to strong teams.

Ehhhh...amateur status??

Yeah right! Open your eyes! Do you believe there arent already incentives/inducements being offered around club transfers?

And you can be pretty sure a certain mercenary isn't being left out of pocket as he does his 275km round trip to teach in Cavan each day.

haranguerer

Well there we go! I find it incredibly interesting that you are perfectly willing to accept payments, or at least shrug and say 'sure theres nothing we can do', which is completely against the 'ETHOS OF THE GAA', but are crying like f**k about a transfer which fulfils the GAAs own rules (and doesnt even run contrary to any ethos, real or imagined).

Stop the payments, and would there be any problem with players moving willy nilly? No, which would invalidate any of the 'greater good' arguments. Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!!

(Btw, just to clarify I'm certain SJs transfer isnt motivated by money. Do you or anyone else on here think it is?)

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
Well there we go! I find it incredibly interesting that you are perfectly willing to accept payments, or at least shrug and say 'sure theres nothing we can do', which is completely against the 'ETHOS OF THE GAA', but are crying like f**k about a transfer which fulfils the GAAs own rules (and doesnt even run contrary to any ethos, real or imagined).

Stop the payments, and would there be any problem with players moving willy nilly? No, which would invalidate any of the 'greater good' arguments. Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!!

(Btw, just to clarify I'm certain SJs transfer isnt motivated by money. Do you or anyone else on here think it is?)

What a pile of sh1te you continue to write every time you post on this topic.  Heffo somehow has the patience to engage with you. I certainly don't!

haranguerer

You're able to come on and say you're against transfers and its a disgrace etc etc, but havent a word to say about payments to players, which is much more integrally against what the gaa stands for?

And you're saying I'm talking shite?? Its not the patience you're lacking, its the ability to think at all logically

Wildweasel74

wish they give this man the transfer or this thread will go on forever, easily gotta hit a 100 pages, can we not talk about something else