Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2012, 12:33:15 PM
DH, heffo was saying that he could play hurling to become eligible. Is there hurling scheduled?

weekend of June 30th and July 1st

Who'd have him, Coill Dubh (closest club to St Kevins) Celbridge and Ardclough (Straffan would be in the middle of these two) would be the three nearest him. Can't imagine someone like Noel Casey in Coill Dubh accommodating Seanie.
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

DH, heffo was saying that he could play hurling to become eligible. Is there hurling scheduled?

Hurling in Kildare scheduled for late June/Early July - Pre-Leinster final.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 24, 2012, 12:39:03 PM

Coill Dubh v Éire Óg/Corrchoill on 30 June.

I can't see a proud hurling club like Coill Dubh agreeing to that to be honest. The whole thing has been a joke from day one but that would just top the lot if he came on in that for the last 30 seconds.

But then he'd miss the Offaly game :D

Sure we can have big Willie Heff deputise for him in that one.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Feck it, now there's a transfer I'd support. Big Willie Heffernan to a county that would appreciate his attributes. The man is a natural BIFFO.

Dinny Breen

I can't see a proud hurling club like Coill Dubh agreeing to that to be honest. The whole thing has been a joke from day one but that would just top the lot if he came on in that for the last 30 seconds.

As an aside tactically it would make more sense to start him and then then take him off immediately but what would coach would sacrifice a substitute just to please some guy from Cavan and another guy from Armagh although Coill Dubh should beat Eire Og with something to spare.

Now that would be embarrassing for all. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2012, 12:40:45 PM

Who'd have him, Coill Dubh (closest club to St Kevins) Celbridge and Ardclough (Straffan would be in the middle of these two) would be the three nearest him. Can't imagine someone like Noel Casey in Coill Dubh accommodating Seanie.

Yeah it's a complete non-runner.

The county is a complete laughing stock as it is without having him line out in a club hurling match. He'll have to knuckle down with Kevin's and write off this inter-county season. I suppose we can look forward to him doing his John Terry act with the panel for the summer like after the Tyrone match.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

yellowcard

All neutral goodwill for Kildare has just gone out the window. Personally think he is an over-rated footballer anyway. Will he start for them?

orangeman

When's the transfer window close for 2012/2013 season ? Will there be one before the National League and another one for after the National league ?.

There might be lads who show up well for their counties in the national league who Kildare might want to sign, now that there's apparently no problem with address or anything else to hinder them.

Will RTE be doing the transter window countdown clock ?.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2012, 12:50:22 PM
When's the transfer window close for 2012/2013 season ? Will there be one before the National League and another one for after the National league ?.

There might be lads who show up well for their counties in the national league who Kildare might want to sign, now that there's apparently no problem with address or anything else to hinder them.

Will RTE be doing the transter window countdown clock ?.

Orangeman I agree with you on principle but people acting like this is a watershed transfer are deluding themselves. Zero difference between this and Thomas Walsh's transfer to Wicklow from Carlow, to name just one example.
People acting as if Kildare have broken some ethos that has been taboo up to now, when the fact is that the vast majority of counties have done something similar in the past.

Personally I'd favour a rule where once you've played minor or above for your county, you can never transfer, full stop.

Bord na Mona man

A great boost for Kildare hurling!

heffo

Coill Dubh is who I'm told he'll 'tog out' for.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2012, 12:39:52 PM

But then he'd miss the Offaly game :D
And the first round of the Qualifiers?

Declan

QuoteNow that would be embarrassing for all

I think the whole saga is a complete embarrassment for all involved

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 01:57:56 PM

Makes sense I suppose as Niall Carew would be a member there having played hurling for them for years.

Rumour on the Kildare forum "that the original transfer was blocked due to an objection by unnamed party.....as this objection was made before the 'Seanie Johnston Rule' was passed, apparently he is now free to play with Kildare without having to play championship with Kevins"

Any truth in that?

Who needs soap operas?
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2012, 02:11:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 01:57:56 PM

Makes sense I suppose as Niall Carew would be a member there having played hurling for them for years.

Rumour on the Kildare forum "that the original transfer was blocked due to an objection by unnamed party.....as this objection was made before the 'Seanie Johnston Rule' was passed, apparently he is now free to play with Kildare without having to play championship with Kevins"

Any truth in that?

Who needs soap operas?

No truth as far as I know. Transfer was passed last night due to semantics and the absence of a certain keyword in correspondance from two other parties with an interest.