Benny Coulter

Started by AAAA, July 15, 2009, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 15, 2009, 04:32:56 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 15, 2009, 04:16:03 PM
ONL... get them Red & Black tinted glasses off saan...lol :D :D

What you wouldn't have done for someone like Benny to play off a two man full forward line this year.

Correct...I'm sure downgirl is orgasmic reading this thread...Ohhh Benny...you ginger haired, freckled faced hunk...lol :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 15, 2009, 04:40:40 PM
Quote from: full back on July 15, 2009, 04:36:08 PM

What you wouldn't have done for someone like Benny to play off a two man full forward line this year.

It wasnt the players that was the problem ONL
It was the system
Both teams totally negated the 2 man FF line

Down have played him in there & on many occasions he was standing with his hands on his hips surrounded by players or starved of the ball

Try again ;)

Which I maligned earlier in the thread

If you read my last post again, very carefully, you will see I said he was playing OFF a two man full forward line of Hughes and McComiskey when he was doing the damage on Sat night.

Have you your specs on FB?? Couple times today your eyesight has let you down, you know what thats a sign of too much??

You are right ONL, I mis-read your post again
Perhaps because I havent had a winning bet in months & I want to take it out on someone like you
Apologies again, for the second time today :-[

illdecide

Ohh FB get off your knee's saan :D.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JMohan

I think you'd have to put Eoin Bradley in the FF line of the Championship Team so far - even ahead of Paddy if I dare say so...

D4S

There could be room for the 2 of them if you're talking best team so far! But you couldn't pick Eoin ahead of Paddy after his 2-8 on Saturday! It's been pointed out before on this board but there is a serious resemblance between Coulter + Bradley! Wonder did Bradleys father ever do a bit of curtin down this part of the world :D ;D ;D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

JMohan

I would make a strong case for it ...

Paddy Scored 2-8 against a shocking Monaghan team when everyone was going well and all was rosey and was assisted for 2 of the goals and some points by Eoin ....

Eoin meanwhile has been far more consistent in the championship - even scoring 4 points out of 7 against a FAR better and tighter Tyrone defence.

That Monaghan team were like hens in a lightening storm.

If you were picking one spot on a FF line to play in an AI final against a tight defence in a close game (like Tyrone) - would you go for Paddy or Eoin based on this years games so far??

D4S

You would still have to pick Paddy as you know what he's capable of!  Teams aren't always picked the way you suggest.....e.g Down playing Benny Coulter when not 100%, Tyrone playing Canavan in '05.  If you asked the Derry team who would be a bigger loss to their team on AI final day I think it would be a unanimous Paddy.  That's my opinion anyway but I can stand to be corrected if the situation arises in September!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: D4S on July 15, 2009, 03:54:23 PM
The point he scored in Enniskillen whilst clearly unfit was brilliant, as was the 1 he scored against Laois on Saturday night in diabolical conditions.  His goal was also a cracker, the way he played Saturday night running up and down the field all night was brilliant to see.  Much better than in the past when we have used him as a target man and he's wasted and out of games for long spells! He seems to be extrememly fit at the minute and hope we can get a massive performance from him again this saturday.  He is a super talent and can have moments of brilliance in matches that are pure class! If we can progress past Wicklow and he has another great game playing the same kind of role, it would be great to see him pitted against tougher opposition and get a bit more credit for how good he really is!

agreed sublime score.  down's reliance to put ball in on him when he is getting double marked could be got away from if played in half forward and allowed run at teams win his own ball etc imo

charlie stubbs

he would probably have been playing on his own 45 though ;)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 15, 2009, 06:25:13 PM
The point he scored in Enniskillen whilst clearly unfit was brilliant, as was the 1 he scored against Laois on Saturday night in diabolical conditions.  His goal was also a cracker, the way he played Saturday night running up and down the field all night was brilliant to see.  Much better than in the past when we have used him as a target man and he's wasted and out of games for long spells! He seems to be extrememly fit at the minute and hope we can get a massive performance from him again this saturday.  He is a super talent and can have moments of brilliance in matches that are pure class! If we can progress past Wicklow and he has another great game playing the same kind of role, it would be great to see him pitted against tougher opposition and get a bit more credit for how good he really is!

agreed sublime score.  down's reliance to put ball in on him when he is getting double marked could be got away from if played in half forward and allowed run at teams win his own ball etc imo

This is where he was playing on sat night where he excelled, got on the ball a pile of times and caused trouble nearly every time he was in possession.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 15, 2009, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 15, 2009, 06:25:13 PM

This is where he was playing on sat night where he excelled, got on the ball a pile of times and caused trouble nearly every time he was in possession.

dont understand why managers dont bring their main attackers further out the field more often whenever the ball isnt going in.  especially with down as coulter plays in half forward most of the time i have saw the bridge playing over years, have even saw him at mf the odd time

downgirl

Quote from: illdecide on July 15, 2009, 04:46:32 PM

Correct...I'm sure downgirl is orgasmic reading this thread...Ohhh Benny...you ginger haired, freckled faced hunk...lol :D :D

I'm surprised it took 3 pages for someone to say that  :D  He is lovely though.  However I have my eye on a board member so Benny is on the backburner haha

But yes a super footballer look at some of the points he has scored from totally unscorable positions.  Legend.

Pangurban

A good player, with potential to be a great one, not yet in the same league as Linden or wee James in there heydays. From the current crop of players i would select Stephen o Neill, Colm Cooper, Michael Meehan and Cousins ahead of him, Bradley when he is on song. But given a freer role as he was against Laois, i forsee him developing into the great player he can be.

Jinxy

Quote from: Pangurban on July 15, 2009, 07:22:47 PM
A good player, with potential to be a great one, not yet in the same league as Linden or wee James in there heydays. From the current crop of players i would select Stephen o Neill, Colm Cooper, Michael Meehan and Cousins ahead of him, Bradley when he is on song. But given a freer role as he was against Laois, i forsee him developing into the great player he can be.

???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!