Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

In the hurling printers wod give advice about to Limerick, the hurling equivalent of  Kerry.
So Joe Canning would say the only way is to push up on them to close down their space and slow them down. What have people been saying about getting to Kerry ?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 14, 2023, 10:10:38 AM
Just after watching the 1st half of the Cork game, christ we were bad, should been 6 up at half time playing crap.

Needed a goal to be 6 up at half time.  Derry scored 0-6 from 10 shots in that half. Cork scored 0-5 from 12 shots.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 14, 2023, 11:57:02 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2023, 11:34:25 AM
Judging by the current media round there's no point in turning up everyone wants a Kerry Dublin final to "save football"

We might as well just stop playing the game altogether and let Kerry and Dublin play every game between themselves!

It's perfect for Derry I'd imagine, all this talk of Kerry v Dublin final suits them fine. I hope it doesn't seep into Kerry squad at all. Don't need that to take the edge off.

I think most clued in people realise that while Dublin really should be well over Monaghan on Saturday, it would be no surprise at all if the game Sunday is a tight one.

Good to see the old yerra tradition surviving in these days of Internet streaming.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mario

Quote from: LC on July 14, 2023, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 14, 2023, 02:38:21 PM
Think Kerry will be too good for Derry, same as Dublin were in the National League.  The top teams are out in front.

Derry were putting it up to Dublin in the first half of the league final.....Dublin stepped it up a gear in the second half and it was soon game over.  They have the talent and squad depth that will allow them to do this similar to Kerry.  Derry still do not have the depth in the squad necessary for an AI and I believe this will be exposed again on Sunday.
You mean they got a very obvious square ball goal to swing the momentum and then Glass got injured.

LC

Quote from: Mario on July 14, 2023, 04:27:39 PM
Quote from: LC on July 14, 2023, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 14, 2023, 02:38:21 PM
Think Kerry will be too good for Derry, same as Dublin were in the National League.  The top teams are out in front.

Derry were putting it up to Dublin in the first half of the league final.....Dublin stepped it up a gear in the second half and it was soon game over.  They have the talent and squad depth that will allow them to do this similar to Kerry.  Derry still do not have the depth in the squad necessary for an AI and I believe this will be exposed again on Sunday.
You mean they got a very obvious square ball goal to swing the momentum and then Glass got injured.

imtommygunn

One thing, and I say this as someone who favours Derry, that sticks out to me on this forum is that there seems little acceptance that Dublin absolutely destroyed you in the second half of the league final. Con O'Callaghan tore you apart. There could have been eight goals but there seems to be an excuse for every goal.

I would love to see Derry win this one and it is very hard to gauge if that league game is a one off or if glass and mckaigue back their will be a big enough swing in your favour. Game could be very tight or a hammering. Would love to see Derry win a tight game. If Kerry start what Dublin did though Derry are in big bother.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 14, 2023, 05:53:28 PM
One thing, and I say this as someone who favours Derry, that sticks out to me on this forum is that there seems little acceptance that Dublin absolutely destroyed you in the second half of the league final. Con O'Callaghan tore you apart. There could have been eight goals but there seems to be an excuse for every goal.

Ah, but there's now a Tír Eoghain man in (sole) charge: he'll fix that!  ;)

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

NotedObserver

😂

At least Dublin were full strength

restorepride

I would love to see Derry win this one and it is very hard to gauge if that league game is a one off or if glass and mckaigue back their will be a big enough swing in your favour. Game could be very tight or a hammering. Would love to see Derry win a tight game. If Kerry start what Dublin did though Derry are in big bother.
Didn't realise this thread was about the League Final.  Is that what you want to discuss or the league match out of the nest, in Celtic Park?

Champion The Wonder Horse

"Hammer the hammer" as the Kerry folk say.
No way Glass, Rogers and McGuigan will all finish the game injury free.

restorepride

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 14, 2023, 08:45:16 PM
Paudie Clifford for another red card then and "why did I get sent off" speech?!!   

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 14, 2023, 03:14:24 PM
It's not as if good players we let go, Jack Doherty was very badly handled, and I Think with the right chat with E, bradley, would brought him bck in late to. Dan Higgins, also should be in the panel, he probably left tail end of last tear.
Who would Jack replace for Sunday?

imtommygunn

Quote from: restorepride on July 14, 2023, 08:06:30 PM

Didn't realise this thread was about the League Final.  Is that what you want to discuss or the league match out of the nest, in Celtic Park?

I wasn't the one started discussing it and you'll find out this weekend whether it's relevant or not.

BuzzCagney

Conor Meyler targetted the last day and nothing done. Kerry mafia like  Spillange all about  Kerry attacking football.

Pinsticker

Quote from: restorepride on July 14, 2023, 08:47:51 PM
Paudie Clifford for another red card then and "why did I get sent off" speech?!!
I think the ref sent him off for his own protection , ref should have told him that :-)