Champions League (Last 16)

Started by sammymaguire, December 17, 2010, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

::) you're like a broken record....please f**k off

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2011, 11:48:15 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on March 18, 2011, 11:41:59 AM
Utd due a big win and some luck against Chelsea. I think with a 'fair' ref ;) utd to win 3-1 over both legs.

I hope there is a ref that will be keeping an eye out for the numerous divers in the Utd team.

well you got the ref you wanted. pity he didnt see the blatant professional fouler's too
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Main Street

Man U, especially Rooney, were excellent tonight. That Ferguson is one hard nut.

gallsman

I've said it before, but Dani Alves is just an absolutely outstanding footballer.

paco

Quote from: gallsman on April 06, 2011, 10:11:21 PM
I've said it before, but Dani Alves is just an absolutely outstanding footballer.

Only Messi has more assists this season. Having said that, he made a real balls up of a pass to Valdes in the first half that could have been costly.

Minder

Obviously professional footballers are fit but he is on a different level.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 06, 2011, 09:49:29 PM
should have finished about 9-4 to Barca unless Chelsea get through hard to see any team stopping them, they've already beaten the next best in England...

So Man United are the 3rd best in England  ???
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Quote from: paco on April 06, 2011, 10:15:15 PM

Only Messi has more assists this season. Having said that, he made a real balls up of a pass to Valdes in the first half that could have been costly.

He had his bad moments in the first 25 minutes and then proceeded to beat Shakhtar black and blue for the remainder of the match.

I'm sick of listening to shite about "he can't defend", "he's only an athlete" etc.

He's incredible.

paco

He's become as important for Barcelona as he was for Sevilla, justified by the pay rise he got recently. Always an outlet for them and they've got countless goals from the Xavi/Iniesta diagonal ball to Alves-Alves squares it-tap in move down the right.

ross4life

Quote from: Dave on April 05, 2011, 09:42:46 PM
Looking like a Chelsea v Barcelona/Real Madrid final IMO

Quote from: ONeill on April 05, 2011, 09:45:16 PM
Yep, def a Chelsea v Barca final.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2011, 09:49:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 05, 2011, 09:45:16 PM
Yep, def a Chelsea v Barca final.

+1

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2011, 09:54:36 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 05, 2011, 09:42:46 PM
Looking like a Chelsea v Barcelona/Real Madrid final IMO

Yeah would agree with that.

Don't give up the day job lads  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Quote from: ross4life on April 12, 2011, 09:48:44 PM
Don't give up the day job lads  ;)

I think some of those might have been slightly tongue in cheek ross...

Dinny Breen

We're were too quick to write of the Germans, looks like a Schalke v Barca final unless Madrid can so something in the semi....
#newbridgeornowhere

new devil

:D :D stop that or Ross will hunt you down

Dave

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 12, 2011, 10:04:06 PM
We're were too quick to write of the Germans, looks like a Schalke v Barca final unless Madrid can so something in the semi....

Still wouldn't write off Inter so maybe Inter v Barca in the final..

sammymaguire

Quote from: Dave on April 12, 2011, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 12, 2011, 10:04:06 PM

Still wouldn't write off Inter so maybe Inter v Barca in the final..

Don't forget or ever underestimate Jose Mourinho
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!