Ulster Bank

Started by TopofthePops, June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteThere's also a First Trust branch in Dromore, but the rumour about locally is that it'll close sooner or later too

Perhaps it won't, if enough Northern Bank customers from Fintona and Ulster Bank customers change their accounts. :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hashtag

Was approached by a member of Stephen Nolan's show yesterday to come on air to talk about our current problems with Ulster Bank. Said I would email him, he was looking me to talk live on air this morning:

'Online banking seems to be down today'. These are the words I uttered to my boss on the 20th of June. No more was thought of it. Little did I think that 312 hours later the issue would still have no resolve. At this stage I personally am starting to foresee a future without banks, hell I'm starting to forget how to bank considering the vast distance  between my last banking experience.

The computer glitch that has put a halt to many businesses has been on-going, however Northern Ireland's top local bank were not to deterred they done what any top business would do. The ULSTER Bank ensured that the issue would be solved immediately.......for their English customers. Day 13. The accounts department is a hostile place to be. Suppliers are having no remorse. Angry Italian's and German's. They have never even heard of the Ulster Bank. They just want their damn Euro. Ulster bank don't allow foreign transfers during this stage. And why would they.....we only have the 700,000 euro in our account that we can't access.

On a personal note I managed to take £20 out of the ATM this morning in Donaghmore. I bought ham, an apple and a snickers with this money. I had £17.89 change. I came to work and logged onto my personal bank- yes the £20 had been debited from my account- all transactions have been debited but the three weeks pay I am now missing has yet to be credited. And why would it? Sure I am only been abused by suppliers & staff over their unpaid monies. Because its my fault.

This week I have done the wages, I have had 13 people looking to change their bank account- away from Ulster Bank- AIB seems to be the winner here. Numerous suppliers have since done the same. For me, I think this is the death of the UB> so long old friend, you had a good run until that faithful IT glitch, have you tried switching it off and back on?

Numerous conspiracies have come to mind over this:
•   The Ulster Bank has been robbed, hacked. The money's gone. They are waiting on the insurance money to kick in before they can credit the accounts.
•   Europe is reverting back to slavery. The plan was: 1. cripple economies, 2. get rid of cash- move everyone over to digital money through chip and pin etc. 3. Crash the computerised system 4. Hand out whips to the most powerful.
•   The UB want out of the Irish market. They want to concentrate on their beloved English ahead of the Olympics.

I predict another four weeks before everything is fully functional. I'm not even going to go into what this has caused for our credit control.

Isn't banking simple.

Hashtag

UB are having serious problems with the 19.06.12. They have no transactions for this date. On the morning of the 19th I checked our bank, like I do every morning, to see what payments were in. I then added them onto our accounting system. These have since disappeared from their records. I was talking to our relationship manager and she says that they are having to enter every transaction manually (I expect a load of errors) but they have no records to go from for the 19th!!!!!!!!

maggie

Nolan is outside the Ulster Bank HQ this morning.

He's bound to sort the whole thing out.

Also tyrone ppl sound awful broad on the radio.

screenexile

Quote from: maggie on July 04, 2012, 09:12:46 AM

Tyrone people sound awful broad.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: screenexile on July 04, 2012, 09:17:18 AM

Tyrone people sound awful broad.
Tyrone people sound awful.

Cold tea

Heard today the data is, ahem - lost.  :-X

ziggy90

Quote from: screenexile on July 04, 2012, 09:17:18 AM

Tyrone people sound awful wile broad.

Fixed it.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

clarshack

Quote from: Cold tea on July 04, 2012, 09:42:41 AM

does that mean that the people who took out money that wasnt theirs - will get away with it?

Hashtag

Quote from: clarshack on July 04, 2012, 10:19:00 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on July 04, 2012, 09:42:41 AM

does that mean that the people who took out money that wasnt theirs - will get away with it?

Just the data from the 19th!!!! They have no records of it. There are stumped. BLACK HOLE TUESDAY!

EC Unique

I would guess anyone who can get any money out will be taking it. The bank will fold.

viva the mccooey

Maybe there is no money! Seems mighty odd to me this whole thing. Perhaps RBS/Ulster ran out of money and the whole technical problem was a cover story until they got funds in. Five years ago this would have been a laughable theory but today it maybe true!

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2012, 11:00:34 AM
I would guess anyone who can get any money out will be taking it. The bank will fold.

I don't think it's that simple. I have free banking with Ulster, something I wouldn't get with AIB or BoI, and the ability to take sterling out for no extra charge in Britain at NatWest/RBS machines is very handy. In the end, I'll probably do nothing because doing something will make me worse off :-\

EC Unique

Quote from: deiseach on July 04, 2012, 12:41:59 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2012, 11:00:34 AM

I don't think it's that simple. I have free banking with Ulster, something I wouldn't get with AIB or BoI, and the ability to take sterling out for no extra charge in Britain at NatWest/RBS machines is very handy. In the end, I'll probably do nothing because doing something will make me worse off :-\

I have heard a few people who are going to ATM and taking out as much as they can and also going to branch and with drawing as much as allowed. If a lot of people do this the bank is only going one way.

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
I have heard a few people who are going to ATM and taking out as much as they can and also going to branch and with drawing as much as allowed. If a lot of people do this the bank is only going one way.

Aye, I'm proceeding on the basis that they'll fix the problem :o