Princess Anne for Croke Park

Started by red hander, February 14, 2008, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

unlike smug middle class Atheists (some how God has been brought into this) who know the price of everything and value of nothing and swing between jacks lads IRFU and the dubs depending on what way the wind is blowing .
you need to have values to try and defend them
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hardy

What should we do, then? Shoot her?

Years ago the horsey-lookin Anne lassie used to do a bit of horse racing. One day she won a race somewhere. The next day somehow it came up in school and the teacher said " .. and Princess Anne won a race yesterday at Plumpton". One of the lads at the back responded, "who was the jockey?".

give her dixie

We took the soup, and now we have to stomach the complete sell out of our traditions and values.
Shame on all the people who thought that opening up Croke Park was a good idea. Shame, shame, shame on you all.
I bet Sir Sean Kelly will be wiggling his finger in her palm when they meet so that he can shag her in the VIP section........
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

AZOffaly

Lads, look at it another way. You can say, despite all ye did to us, despite the state ye left us in, look at what we are able to do now. Ye couldn't kill us off.

Rossfan

Quote from: give her dixie on February 15, 2008, 03:50:48 PM
We took the soup, and now we have to stomach the complete sell out of our traditions and values.
Shame on all the people who thought that opening up Croke Park was a good idea. Shame, shame, shame on you all.

We (CLCG) are renting our Stadium to the D4RFU for the day. It's up to them who they invite.
If I rent my house to someone for a month I cant dictate who they invite in for tay.
If we dont like it let's just ignore the whole shitty lot of them and count the €uro and put it to good use. As far as I'm concerned they are all welcome to each other( as long as they pay the rent of course)
As for "Shame shame shame" grow up lad and live in the real world.What traditions and values are we selling out.?
"We" are not doing anything.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gnevin

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2008, 12:04:35 PM
never said where it came from . are you denying that dublin lined the streets for Victoria R when she paid a visit.
and seeing as you are so happy with the current situation will you be standing and belting out GSTQ  Pre match in memory of the good old times . in your british liones jersy so beloved of the Irish players
Wasn't their a large British garrison in Dublin at that time?
I generally don't sing other countries anthem at matches ? And why would anyone be singing GSTQ at an Ireland V Scotland match ?
I don't own a British and Irish lions jersey
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2008, 02:59:41 PM
unlike smug middle class Atheists (some how God has been brought into this) who know the price of everything and value of nothing and swing between jacks lads IRFU and the dubs depending on what way the wind is blowing .

Leave us Dubs out of your all encompassing tar brushing . Limerick is a Rugby heart land too , called them brits for a while.

Why cant people support to code , rosnarun consult a calender the 1940's are long over
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

This was the inevitable consequence once we opened Croke Park up. As someone who has had his fair share of run ins with the horsey's personal army I have to say that while I'd prefer if she didn't visit Croke Park I knew this day would come as a result of opening it up to other sports.

Is it hard to take yes, can we do anything about it no! Reality is the orgainsation made its choice and we have to live with that, it was the same for my own club when the PSNI got to play before the All Ireland U21 hurling semi final in Newry between the Dubs and Derry, as dictated by Ulster Council and Croke Park. It hurt like hell to see the b*stards out on the field but we have to try and move on at the end of the day, we all have our beliefs and traditions but let's not forget that we are a sporting organisation first and foremost and that has to be the guiding light in any decision that we make.

Personally I hope there are no protests outside the game as it would only reflect poorly on the GAA even though its a rugby game its being held in our ground. As for what Hogan would have thought who knows, you can't second guess the feelings of the dead.

rosnarun

QuoteAnd why would anyone be singing GSTQ at an Ireland V Scotland match
because it is the preferred anthem of a 1/4  of our egg chasing  team players .  also of  subordianted scots the gaels of which have been driven to the highlands and the rest seem to think wearing an Kilt (whose tartan was granted to them by the englanders) makes them  scottish all it does is confirm their redheaded joke  jock status  to the english.and most of its officials down south . ever go to a club house after a rugby fixture? all thats missing is the Vicar and cucumber sandwhices . it like the last days of the raj.
Ive nothing against rugby in fact i played it for years Its the culture of the game in Ireland that would make you sick. in fact I was in paris only last week cheering on  les blues. funniest thing of the weekend was Ireland call most did even bother standing up
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2008, 04:26:43 PM
subordianted scots the gaels of which have been driven to the highlands and the rest seem to think wearing an Kilt (whose tartan was granted to them by the englanders) makes them  scottish

I think Rosnarun you'll find that the Gaels of Alba lived in the Highlands and Islands and in the years following 1745 they were driven FROM the Garbh Críocha by the Clan Chiefs who had been anglicised and wanted to rent the land to Lowlanders and English.

the Deel Rover

slightly off the thread here ;) but i don't suppose any of ye would have a ticket to spare
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossfan

I'd burn the ****in thing if I had as I wouldnt wish to inflict that stupid game on anyone - not even a Mayoite :D

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Gnevin on February 15, 2008, 04:09:15 PM

Leave us Dubs out of your all encompassing tar brushing . Limerick is a Rugby heart land too , called them brits for a while.

Why cant people support to code , rosnarun consult a calender the 1940's are long over

Not to mention those Soccer loving Gaels in Sligo, would make ya sick  :D

Gnevin

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2008, 04:26:43 PM
QuoteAnd why would anyone be singing GSTQ at an Ireland V Scotland match
because it is the preferred anthem of a 1/4  of our egg chasing  team players .  also of  subordianted scots the gaels of which have been driven to the highlands and the rest seem to think wearing an Kilt (whose tartan was granted to them by the englanders) makes them  scottish all it does is confirm their redheaded joke  jock status  to the english.and most of its officials down south . ever go to a club house after a rugby fixture? all thats missing is the Vicar and cucumber sandwhices . it like the last days of the raj.
Ive nothing against rugby in fact i played it for years Its the culture of the game in Ireland that would make you sick. in fact I was in paris only last week cheering on  les blues. funniest thing of the weekend was Ireland call most did even bother standing up
What the f**k are you talking about

his holiness nb

Do we only have smug middle class atheitsts in Dublin?

f**k sake rosnarun, we aint all like that.
Ask me holy bollix