Princess Anne for Croke Park

Started by red hander, February 14, 2008, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2008, 07:59:31 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 15, 2008, 05:42:58 PM
I see we've "moved on" then. New century, new opportunity grasped to look forward and anticipate a bright future in glowing contrast to the dark past we've struggled through. It's heart-warming, really, to see our little community here on this board in the vanguard as we stride confidently into the future, contemptuous of the suggestion that the mere appearance of a little old woman could deflect our firm gaze from the shining horizon ahead.
this is more like the smug reply i was expecting.
yes we know your all right jack glad things worked out for you. your remarks about religion show you have not  understanding of Christianity at all . being a catholic is about summitting you will to a higherpower and having the humility to know you are not perfect but a common sinner. not the philosiphy of the smug . sure many of us are bad christians but  thats part of the plan.

Well said ros. I am not the best Christian and would be the first to admit it but I find that the some of the most arrogant people I meet are athiests, that said the religious have more than their fair share of arrogant twats as well, that stupid shower of hoors in America that are walking around with placards that state that 'God hates fags'. That got me very annoyed becuase the God I believe in loves us all, and by the way, who am I to say who is going to heaven and who is not?
I will leave that for God to sort out, I have enough to worry about. :-\

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

red hander

I see we've "moved on" then. New century, new opportunity grasped to look forward and anticipate a bright future in glowing contrast to the dark past we've struggled through. It's heart-warming, really, to see our little community here on this board in the vanguard as we stride confidently into the future, contemptuous of the suggestion that the mere appearance of a little old woman could deflect our firm gaze from the shining horizon ahead.
yes we know your all right jack glad things worked out for you. your remarks about religion show you have not  understanding of Christianity at all . being a catholic is about summitting you will to a higherpower and having the humility to know you are not perfect but a common sinner. not the philosiphy of the smug . sure many of us are bad christians but  thats part of the plan.

his holiness nb
maybe if you stopped using a self proclaimed divinity as your avatar some one might take your view on this seriously.

yes the gaa took the schilling but that doesnt mean we have to welcome the bastard offspring  of a woman who thinks she pope because on of her ancestors want to get his end away with the kitchen maid.
what ever is done can be undone

Totally agree. And who brought this Catholic shit into it? I'm an athiest and proud of it.  Pangurban is correct.  We sold ourselves, but the people doing the selling weren't living in the six counties over the past 87 years, so they know f**k all ... anybody going to the match with princess anne remember that when some scottish player goes over in the corner, that's the corner young hogan died in from a bullet delivered by the so-called forces of law and order at the time ... and i would point out at this juncture that after the murdering parachute regiment, the scottish regiments were the most despised of all british regiments in the six counties

orangeman

Catholic Northerners ? At least we have some religion and some morals to go along with it ! Short memories down there !

Maguire01

Not wanting to take this off-track, but religion and ('good') morals don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Anyway, back on topic; it's not really that big of a deal, is it?  She's one spectator out of 80'odd thousand.  Once again, we're showing off Croke Park to the outside world - the biggest stadium in the 6 nations competition and something that soccer or rugby haven't managed to achieve in this country. Surely we should view such occasions with a sense of pride(?)

Rossfan

Quote from: red hander on February 15, 2008, 08:12:15 PM

the people doing the selling weren't living in the six counties over the past 87 years, so they know f**k all ...
So only people from the Six Counties aged 87 or over can vote at Congress  ???
God give me patience  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Surely we should view such occasions with a sense of pride(?)

Pride ? Proud that we are hosting people who tortured us for hunreds of years ? Don't think so !

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2008, 11:58:35 PM
Surely we should view such occasions with a sense of pride(?)

Pride ? Proud that we are hosting people who tortured us for hunreds of years ? Don't think so !
She's really not that old!
But yes, pride for where we've come to, what we've achieved, often in the face of adversity.

give her dixie

Croke Park was built for playing GAA, not to show it off as a the biggest stadium in the 6 Nations.
Be proud of it my ass.
If we were told a few years ago before the vote to open it up that we would be hosting members of the Royal family, how many people would of voted differently?
We were sold a big white lie, and en mass, the sheep followed.
At least the members from the 6 northern counties, and Cork and Monaghan can stand tall and say we didn't want it open to other sport, and certainly not for members of the Royal family to come and sit in the stands.
It stank from the start, and it still stinks. Sean Kelly sold you yes people a pup, and now it is a rotweiller........................
As I have said earlier, they took the soup and there is feck all we can do about it.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stephenite

Quote from: give her dixie on February 16, 2008, 03:08:00 AM
Croke Park was built for playing GAA, not to show it off as a the biggest stadium in the 6 Nations.
Be proud of it my ass.
If we were told a few years ago before the vote to open it up that we would be hosting members of the Royal family, how many people would of voted differently?We were sold a big white lie, and en mass, the sheep followed.
At least the members from the 6 northern counties, and Cork and Monaghan can stand tall and say we didn't want it open to other sport, and certainly not for members of the Royal family to come and sit in the stands.
It stank from the start, and it still stinks. Sean Kelly sold you yes people a pup, and now it is a rotweiller........................
As I have said earlier, they took the soup and there is feck all we can do about it.

Absolutley no one would have voted differently - those that voted in favour of opening up Croke Park couldn't give a toss if the Queen herself wants to come over and throw the sliotar at the next All Ireland hurling final.

Trying to suggest otherwise, is not only incredibly stupid but also displays a complete inability to understand the issues in the first place

J70

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2008, 11:13:16 PM
Catholic Northerners ? At least we have some religion and some morals to go along with it ! Short memories down there !

Yes, because morality doesn't exist without religion... ::)

J70

Quote from: give her dixie on February 16, 2008, 03:08:00 AM
Be proud of it my ass.
If we were told a few years ago before the vote to open it up that we would be hosting members of the Royal family, how many people would of voted differently?
We were sold a big white lie, and en mass, the sheep followed.

I was in favour of opening the stadium. I still am, and visiting royals doesn't change that one iota. I'm standing nice and tall also.

And if Princess Anne visiting Croke Park is the worst thing that happens to you that week, you should be very thankful.

J70

Quote from: red hander on February 15, 2008, 08:12:15 PM

his holiness nb
maybe if you stopped using a self proclaimed divinity as your avatar some one might take your view on this seriously.

yes the gaa took the schilling but that doesnt mean we have to welcome the bastard offspring  of a woman who thinks she pope because on of her ancestors want to get his end away with the kitchen maid.
what ever is done can be undone

Totally agree. And who brought this Catholic shit into it? I'm an athiest and proud of it.  Pangurban is correct.  We sold ourselves, but the people doing the selling weren't living in the six counties over the past 87 years, so they know f**k all ... anybody going to the match with princess anne remember that when some scottish player goes over in the corner, that's the corner young hogan died in from a bullet delivered by the so-called forces of law and order at the time ... and i would point out at this juncture that after the murdering parachute regiment, the scottish regiments were the most despised of all british regiments in the six counties

So what are you saying?

That GAA policy should be formulated within limits laid down by northern nationalists? That none of the rest of us who have a different perspective can, by definition, have a worthwhile opinion on these matters?

J70

A religious objection to her attendance. I wasn't expecting that! ;D

give her dixie

To say that you couldn't care less if the Queen herself was in Croke Park Stephenite, is just a perfect example of how people have sold out our basic principles.
No doubt if you were around during the famine, you would probably have been on the streets of Dublin waving your union jack like the rest of them when Victoria visited?
You could have helped to count the £5 donation she made to the famine relief.
The association is in good hands with people like yourself who want to see the royal family spit on the graves of the founders of the GAA.
Next you will probably want Irelands Call played at GAA matches.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Zapatista

I can't wait until the day after this happens and we all realise nothing has changed and nobody give a fcuk anyway. I don't agree with it and I didn't agree with allowing other sports into Croker but I know I am in a minority and will be swept along with it and after the event we will be talking about something else.
Getting all worked up about nothing is not how I want to spend my life. The occupation is worth getting worked up about but not these minor side affects of it as they are only diversions from the real issue. If we consentrate on this sort of crap we won't have time to make the political change and leave ourselves wide open for criticism and lose support.