Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2014, 01:41:13 PM
I said that is my core belief,I don't see the need to get bogged down in theological doctrinal.minutiae.Simply believe inHod,keep the commandments ,love your neighbour.
Glenn Hoddle?

T Fearon

What is the point in making it complicated? Believe in Jesus and try to imitate his way of life.Simple as that.

AZOffaly

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2014, 03:54:22 PM
What is the point in making it complicated? Believe in Jesus and try to imitate his way of life.Simple as that.

so basically be a good person generally. Who needs organised religion for that ?

T Fearon

No you have to believe in the Saviour and reflect this belief in your life.Good works are insufficient.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2014, 04:31:31 PM
No you have to believe in the Saviour and reflect this belief in your life.Good works are insufficient.

So anyone that doesnt believe in JC is screwed ? Thats every other religion on earth bar Christianity. Hmmmmmnn.

T Fearon

That's it in a nutshell.You can hardly expect God to look favourly on you if you didnt believe in him.

mikehunt

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2014, 04:36:56 PM
That's it in a nutshell.You can hardly expect God to look favourly on you if you didnt believe in him.

So what ure saying is "cause as much damage as u want but if u believe in God he will forgive"?

However, if you do good all your life but don't believe in God, then you're doomed.

Makes sense now why ure sticking up for Brady.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2014, 04:36:56 PM

So God the creator of all things is a different entity from Allah and Jehovah ?

T Fearon

No,belief in God must be accompanied by an appropriate lifestyle.As I said living like a Saint but not believing in God will not cut any ice with God.

Hardy

Why doesn't he care how good you are if you don't worship him?

easytiger95

Has God told you it won't cut any ice with him? You seem fairly certain.

T Fearon

It stands to sense that if you don't believe in and indeed trust in God,he will not reward you, in the next life no matter if you live like a Saint,even that much is logical.

theskull1

So the robber on the cross who told the other robber to shut his mouth, told JC he believed in him and then asked him for a lift up to heaven to which JC accepted.....what can we interpret from that?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera