The Photograph Thread - Own Works Only! [900 pixels longest side]

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2013, 01:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 03, 2013, 11:13:37 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 03, 2013, 11:09:58 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 03, 2013, 11:05:54 AM
Quote from: AQMP on October 03, 2013, 10:52:59 AM
Who's that you're playing in the white and red Fionnt??
Drumquin.

I presume its junior B going by the physique of some of the players..
Division 3/Junior football league in Tyrone.

Looks like the grass could do with a bit of a trim there Fionnt!

ziggysego

Quote from: Bensars on October 03, 2013, 10:46:41 AM
One tip for the future Ziggy,  Make sure your own reflection isnt in the shot you are taking !

Reminds me of the story Sam Torrance  told on question of sport !

Testing Accessibility

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

I like the picture of the young girls match. They have no idea about positioning or space - just everyone run after the ball.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on October 03, 2013, 12:20:45 PM
I like the picture of the young girls match. They have no idea about positioning or space - just everyone run after the ball.

Bloody ignoramus, that's a blanket defence.

Milltown Row2

Looking possibly to get a camera for xmas, though the missus has got me something completely different!!!

What type of camera for beginners would be the best buy? Would like it for taking (don't know if this is right) action shots? like gaa games, sports my kids are playing in or whatever else.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

You'd need a high end dslr with a good long glass for taking action shots. Technique and positioning important as well

Ball park £1500 at the very low end, all the up to £15000 for likes of what curly works with :o

Syferus

Quote from: theskull1 on December 11, 2013, 11:49:58 PM
You'd need a high end dslr with a good long glass for taking action shots. Technique and positioning important as well

Ball park £1500 at the very low end, all the up to £15000 for likes of what curly works with :o

I get away with a Cannon 600D (700D is the newest model in that range) that was £400ish with a £120ish 50-250mm Cannon lens at matches perfectly fine. Set it to sport mode and you'll get good shots if your timing is good.

No reason to go straight for the mad dear stuff if you're making you first steps into DSLR.

A bridge camera might be a better (and far cheaper than any DSLR) if you're a total beginner with cameras. Will be slower but they tend to have good range and get you experiment with a lot of direct aspects of photography that would require multiple lens in the DSLR world.

theskull1

Quote from: Syferus on December 12, 2013, 12:28:11 AM

I get away with a Cannon 600D (700D is the newest model in that range) that was £400ish with a £120ish 50-250mm Cannon lens at matches.

And it shows  :D

Syferus

Quote from: theskull1 on December 12, 2013, 01:06:18 AM

I get away with a Cannon 600D (700D is the newest model in that range) that was £400ish with a £120ish 50-250mm Cannon lens at matches.

And it shows  :D

Nah

ballela-angel

The Photographer
The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife goodbye and said, "Well, I'm off now. The man should be here soon."
Half an hour later, just by chance, a door-to-door baby photographer happened to ring the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. "Good morning, Ma'am", he said, "I've come to..."
"Oh, no need to explain," Mrs. Smith cut in, embarrassed, "I've been expecting you."
"Have you really?" said the photographer. "Well, that's good. Did you know babies are my specialty?"
"Well that's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a seat".
After a moment she asked, blushing, "Well, where do we start?"
"Leave everything to me. I usually try two in the bathtub, one on the couch, and perhaps a couple on the bed. And sometimes the living room floor is fun. You can really spread out there."
"Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work out for Harry and me!"
"Well, Ma'am, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if we try several different positions and I shoot from six or seven angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results."
"My, that's a lot!", gasped Mrs. Smith.
"Ma'am, in my line of work a man has to take his time. I'd love to be In and out in five minutes, but I'm sure you'd be disappointed with that."
"Don't I know it," said Mrs. Smith quietly.
The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of his baby pictures. "This was done on the top of a bus," he said.
"Oh, my God!" Mrs. Smith exclaimed, grasping at her throat.
"And these twins turned out exceptionally well - when you consider their mother was so difficult to work with."
"She was difficult?" asked Mrs. Smith.
"Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get the job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep to get a good look"
"Four and five deep?" said Mrs. Smith, her eyes wide with amazement.
"Yes", the photographer replied. "And for more than three hours, too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling - I could hardly concentrate, and when darkness approached I had to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just had to pack it all in."
Mrs. Smith leaned forward. "Do you mean they actually chewed on your, uh...equipment?"
"It's true, Ma'am, yes.. Well, if you're ready, I'll set-up my tripod and we can get to work right away."
"Tripod?"
"Oh yes, Ma'am. I need to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too big to be held in the hand very long."
Mrs. Smith fainted  ;D
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Milltown Row2

f**k!!!!! That'll not keep her happy, I only spent £200 on her lol, ah well I worth it and more time out of the house is always a bonus.

Cheers lads, her heads melted after getting me something that I might not like according to her, though its a sporting thing so can't be all bad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2013, 09:00:19 AM

f**k!!!!! That'll not keep her happy, I only spent £200 on her lol, ah well I worth it and more time out of the house is always a bonus.

Cheers lads, her heads melted after getting me something that I might not like according to her, though its a sporting thing so can't be all bad
Should have just giving you money so you could buy something you actually want.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

I get away with a Cannon 600D (700D is the newest model in that range) that was £400ish with a £120ish 50-250mm Cannon lens at matches perfectly fine. Set it to sport mode and you'll get good shots if your timing is good.

No reason to go straight for the mad dear stuff if you're making you first steps into DSLR.

A bridge camera might be a better (and far cheaper than any DSLR) if you're a total beginner with cameras. Will be slower but they tend to have good range and get you experiment with a lot of direct aspects of photography that would require multiple lens in the DSLR world.

Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel Xti 10.1 MP Digital SLR Camera

Going for 150 on ebay, well what ya think?

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2013, 03:14:50 PM

Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel Xti 10.1 MP Digital SLR Camera

Going for 150 on ebay, well what ya think?

A big question to ask if it's not been stated is how many actuations (basically, shots taken) the camera has. Most consumer DSLRs are rated for about 100k actuations.

If the 400D has relatively low wear and tear that's a decent price - older DSLRs can still produce excellent picture quality - does it come with any lens?