Ulster U21 Championship 2013

Started by cavanlad, October 11, 2012, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadence

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 04, 2013, 03:57:32 PM
Quote from: Corkey22 on April 04, 2013, 03:43:04 PM
I saw a stat today that Cavan have won 9 of their last 10 ulster u21 games, and the one they lost was the 2010 final to Donegal if I remember right. That sort of dominance surely has to turn into some sort of success in the future for Cavan seniors!

I don't think its a given that any major success will come from it.  They haven't been blowing the opposition out of the water in any of the years, and how comparitive is Winter u-21 football to Summer senior football.  Different players/teams seem to thrive in the conditions at this time of year.  I suppose its all down to how many really stand out players each County has at u-21 or Minor and how many are picked up for senior.  Some counties might do well at U-21 as they have a strong team that is solid all over whereas other counties mighn't necessarily win Ulster but could be bringing through more standout individuals from each year.  You would think that a lot of the Cavan u-21's from previous years would have done something by now.

cavan are about as tactically progressive as the taliban are at interpreting the koran. doesn't help being stuck in the dark ages.

Itchy

Quote from: cadence on April 04, 2013, 06:58:58 PM
I saw a stat today that Cavan have won 9 of their last 10 ulster u21 games, and the one they lost was the 2010 final to Donegal if I remember right. That sort of dominance surely has to turn into some sort of success in the future for Cavan seniors!

I don't think its a given that any major success will come from it.  They haven't been blowing the opposition out of the water in any of the years, and how comparitive is Winter u-21 football to Summer senior football.  Different players/teams seem to thrive in the conditions at this time of year.  I suppose its all down to how many really stand out players each County has at u-21 or Minor and how many are picked up for senior.  Some counties might do well at U-21 as they have a strong team that is solid all over whereas other counties mighn't necessarily win Ulster but could be bringing through more standout individuals from each year.  You would think that a lot of the Cavan u-21's from previous years would have done something by now.

cavan are about as tactically progressive as the taliban are at interpreting the koran. doesn't help being stuck in the dark ages.

What sort of a clueless tool are you. You'll know all about our progression next Wednesday.

cadence

Quote from: Itchy on April 04, 2013, 07:08:59 PM

What sort of a clueless tool are you. You'll know all about our progression next Wednesday.

ah you aul' taliban eejit... pay attention and follow a straightforward argument, if that's not beyond you.

the point is about your taliban tactics preventing you from achieving at senior level. you winning on wednesday won't change the fact that you're stuck in the dark ages tactically and your u21s success won't transfer to senior level until you develop some modern tactics. now is that clear enough for you or would you like me to draw you a picture?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: cadence on April 04, 2013, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 04, 2013, 07:08:59 PM

ah you aul' taliban eejit... pay attention and follow a straightforward argument, if that's not beyond you.

the point is about your taliban tactics preventing you from achieving at senior level. you winning on wednesday won't change the fact that you're stuck in the dark ages tactically and your u21s success won't transfer to senior level until you develop some modern tactics. now is that clear enough for you or would you like me to draw you a picture?

cadence

he's a damn site better than a latchico like this buck...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,,2022342,00.html

rodney trotter

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2013, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2013, 10:23:01 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 03, 2013, 10:20:37 PM
I disagree about Argue.

Were you at the game, I was going by what they said on the Radio

Rodney you plonker!  ;D

Don't wet your pants I was being sarcastic.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on April 04, 2013, 05:04:52 PM
Irish Times giving Kudos to Cavan for reaching their 3rd Final in a row....

They got that wrong then, its Cavans 4th..

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 04, 2013, 08:55:15 PM

Exactly my point having earlier said about poor coverage of the 'weaker' counties.

Cadence what are Cavan's out of date tactics exactly?

rodney trotter

Somebody from Donegal talking about tactics, ha, if Donegal had any ambition in Jim's first year they would have won the All Ireland, not waiting till the second, The cave man football only gets you so far, you need to attack and kick the ball over the bar. Possibly the worst game I ever saw was the All Ireland Semi in 2011 between Donegal and Dublin

Donegal with only McFadden up in the forwards ::)

cadence

Quote from: Westside on April 04, 2013, 09:31:04 PM

Exactly my point having earlier said about poor coverage of the 'weaker' counties.

you've got better, you get numbers back, but your defence is still wide open... oppostion gets over your 45 too easy. you don't contol the ball going forward. you're short passing game is shite and play breaks down before it gets into your inside forwards. i could go on.   

Captain Obvious

Quote from: cadence on April 04, 2013, 09:53:52 PM

you've got better, you get numbers back, but your defence is still wide open... oppostion gets over your 45 too easy. you don't contol the ball going forward. you're short passing game is shite and play breaks down before it gets into your inside forwards. i could go on.

In other words Donegal before Jimmy arrived?

cadence

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 04, 2013, 09:36:41 PM
Somebody from Donegal talking about tactics, ha, if Donegal had any ambition in Jim's first year they would have won the All Ireland, not waiting till the second, The cave man football only gets you so far, you need to attack and kick the ball over the bar. Possibly the worst game I ever saw was the All Ireland Semi in 2011 between Donegal and Dublin

Donegal with only McFadden up in the forwards ::)

cavan boys on about tactics, fuckme the end of the world is nigh!

cadence

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 04, 2013, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: cadence on April 04, 2013, 09:53:52 PM

In other words Donegal before Jimmy arrived?

i wouldn't go that far. we always had the short running game. no defence suitable for the modern game though.

Westside

Would that not be a sign of players that are not good enough to implement a good game plan as opposed to out of date tactics? Which modern tactics improve ball control?