Some people have nothing better to do

Started by Boolerhead Mel, September 12, 2008, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 12, 2008, 04:07:44 PM
Quote from: Donagh on September 12, 2008, 03:57:57 PM
Rubbish, SF have been at the forefront of no such thing.

Aye, right... ::)

Quote from: Donagh on September 12, 2008, 03:57:57 PM
If you actually go and read what their policies are you will see that their preference is for the flags and emblems of both cultural traditions to be used side by side to promote inclusivity. However, as unionists have been reluctant to give up their old supremacist notions and display respect to their neighbours, the only option left was to take their toys away from them until they learn the lesson. The 'neutral' workplaces we have now are a direct result of decades of unionist bigotry, intimidation and intolerance.
Simple question, then. As a supporter of SF's policy on this matter, do you agree with the Strabane complainant in this instance, or do you think she is out of order?

Where did I say I was a supporter of anything? All I was doing was slapping down another one of your spiteful rants and flushing the verbal diarrhea that spews from your keyboard from our screens. The lack of any real challenge in doing so does become very tiresome though, you should get a new line or maybe go back to school for a year or two.

tyrone86

We've hit a new low, common sense has been eradicated from this statelet  :'(

The only way this could get any worse is if someone takes offense to a wear your poppy with pride sticker on a car window  ::)

In fairness though, what pissed me off more reading yesterdays Herald was the one sided reporting of the homecoming being in Healy Park and the "Omagh Community" being outraged that it isn't in the town centre

his holiness nb

The pettyness of this complaint is nearly as pathetic as trying to blame Sinn fein for it.
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

nifan

The problem is "neutral" is a moving target.
The person who did this probably did so because someone had stopped them wearing a rangers shirt, which someone had done because they had been told to remove a tricolour, because someone was asked not to wear their rebok trainers etc etc.

Pettiness is all round, and the satisfaction of some when the "other sides" emblems are deemed offensive is the most offensive thing about it.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on September 12, 2008, 04:18:23 PM
Where did I say I was a supporter of anything?
OK, I'll try again. Are you a supporter of SF's policy on such matters? If so, do you agree with the Strabane woman's complaint in this instance, or do you think she is out of order?
Quote from: Donagh on September 12, 2008, 04:18:23 PM
All I was doing was slapping down another one of your spiteful rants and flushing the verbal diarrhea that spews from your keyboard from our screens. The lack of any real challenge in doing so does become very tiresome though, you should get a new line or maybe go back to school for a year or two.
Your attempt to distract attention* from the discomfort you must presumably be feeling on this topic actually only serves to draw attention to it. You try this sort of tactic all the time when in a fix; it has become oh-so-predictable as to have lost any effectiveness.

As has your usual follow-up tactic of coming over all aggrieved that someone should point this out, presumably in the hope that by taking the thread futher along a tangent, your original weak (non)response will be forgotten entirely.

* - i.e by abusing me personally, rather than refuting my point
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: ziggysego on September 12, 2008, 04:14:12 PM
Sad news indeed, especially when you consider in 2003 and 2005 the local Unionist MLA said he like seeing the Tinnies dressed up in the Tyrone colours. What happened in them short years?
I think we must assume that the Unionist MLA and the Strabane women are two different people, possibly even from two different planets?  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ziggysego

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 12, 2008, 04:36:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 12, 2008, 04:14:12 PM
Sad news indeed, especially when you consider in 2003 and 2005 the local Unionist MLA said he like seeing the Tinnies dressed up in the Tyrone colours. What happened in them short years?
I think we must assume that the Unionist MLA and the Strabane women are two different people, possibly even from two different planets?  ;)

Yeah. Dated a Strabane girl for a while..... was scarey lol
Testing Accessibility

Maiden1

You sure it wasn't Pat Spillane in Strabane doing a bit of shopping, took offense to the afforementioned flag? ;D
There are no proofs, only opinions.

dublinfella

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 12, 2008, 03:57:14 PM
so no answer to the question then

you have gotten an answer.

petty, but technically correct.

Evil Genius

Quote from: dublinfella on September 12, 2008, 05:22:48 PM

What AFR really means is that he didn't get an answer he liked... ;)

Oh well, we must assume he got the answer he deserved, since he has failed to come back again... :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 12, 2008, 05:31:56 PM

Oh well, we must assume he got the answer he deserved, since he has failed to come back again... :D

whom  are you talking about didn't come back???
ta se mor

An Fear Rua

lets see

The question(s) asked where
Does she do any work in her car?
Does the offended do anywork in said car?
Is the car provided by her work?
Is it a private or Public carpark? Is the car park considered as a place of work? Are they allowed to work in their cars instead of at their desks?

None of which have been answered, hardly surprising, as no admits on here to working in said environment

then we had

how exactly does this contravene a neutral workplace policy?

and the "answer" consisted of  5 questions of whatabouterry , a tepid attempt to agree with the describing it as pettyness but defending the action , and the word "Semantics". - a pretty standard response from said poster, and no indication what so ever of what policy or law had been broken. This is on top of an obtuse reference to a scenario in a chemists shop in belfast when a customer, not an employee, made a complaint.

All in all technically devoid of substance
<insert gap for later quotation to allow for lame personal comback based on text above>

An answer, would consist of say, A reference to the policy document, the policy itself and maybe if generous, an outline of how the scenario in strabane could have broken the rules.

But with "answers" like these who needs enemies, enjoy your circle......
Its Grim up North

Evil Genius

Quote from: KCGaelicFootball on September 12, 2008, 05:38:52 PM

AFR (An Fear Rua).

I hope it's the "American" in you, and not the "Irish", which makes you so obtuse*.

* - No relation of George Dubya, by any chance?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Evil Genius on September 12, 2008, 05:48:08 PM
Quote from: KCGaelicFootball on September 12, 2008, 05:38:52 PM

AFR (An Fear Rua)

ah ha ok then.
ta se mor