FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Sorry lads haven't had time to read the thread or catch up on the footage from last night but was hoping someone could summarise what Dunpys points where before the game and then after the game. Thanks

AZOffaly

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 09, 2015, 10:42:45 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2015, 09:24:39 AM
Brilliant result. I was out doing a bit of coaching, and was studiously avoiding the radio and internet on the way home in the car, then I stopped into Centra to get bread just as Shane Long was scoring on the big plasma screen that's normally talking about sandwiches! It ruined my recording, but it was fantastic to see. I just watched the last 15 minutes when I got home, and I can't believe the Germans didn't score, but Ireland were heroic. Great stuff.

On a side note, well done to our Newport U11s who won the McDonalds Futures 7 a side competition, and were presented at half time. Our GAA Club and Soccer club are doing a good job coexisting, there''s a huge crossover, and we are having success in both codes. It was a great achievement for these lads and girls, so well done to them.

I am involved in underage Soccer and (Gaelic) Football in my area. Love both games to bits. I hate when people from either codes look at you as almost a traitor if you give time to the other. Or look at you as a half cast supporter if you are involved in both. I have introduced my kids (Boys and Girl) to Soccer and football along with Hurling (which is completely foreign as a game to me). Ironically my oldest lad loves Hurling. He has a great gra for it and this makes me happy and proud. The point is don't pigeon hole your kids. Team sports in rural areas need numbers to keep underage side going. Introduce them to any available, help your community.

Up Mayo! Come on ye boys in Green!

I agree with you :) My own lad plays football, hurling, soccer and basketball. I encourage all the young lads to play as much sport as they can. It's up to the adults in all the clubs to facilitate this for as long as they can.

I don't disagree at all!

Bingo

Quote from: WT4E on October 09, 2015, 10:46:21 AM
Sorry lads haven't had time to read the thread or catch up on the footage from last night but was hoping someone could summarise what Dunpys points where before the game and then after the game. Thanks

Germany don't have a Wes Hoolahan and Wes is his love child.

Other than that he turned his negative comments against past performances and team selections where the management and team didn't have the courage to go after similar results.

He was delighted otherwise.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2015, 10:49:40 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 09, 2015, 10:42:45 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2015, 09:24:39 AM
Brilliant result. I was out doing a bit of coaching, and was studiously avoiding the radio and internet on the way home in the car, then I stopped into Centra to get bread just as Shane Long was scoring on the big plasma screen that's normally talking about sandwiches! It ruined my recording, but it was fantastic to see. I just watched the last 15 minutes when I got home, and I can't believe the Germans didn't score, but Ireland were heroic. Great stuff.

On a side note, well done to our Newport U11s who won the McDonalds Futures 7 a side competition, and were presented at half time. Our GAA Club and Soccer club are doing a good job coexisting, there''s a huge crossover, and we are having success in both codes. It was a great achievement for these lads and girls, so well done to them.

I am involved in underage Soccer and (Gaelic) Football in my area. Love both games to bits. I hate when people from either codes look at you as almost a traitor if you give time to the other. Or look at you as a half cast supporter if you are involved in both. I have introduced my kids (Boys and Girl) to Soccer and football along with Hurling (which is completely foreign as a game to me). Ironically my oldest lad loves Hurling. He has a great gra for it and this makes me happy and proud. The point is don't pigeon hole your kids. Team sports in rural areas need numbers to keep underage side going. Introduce them to any available, help your community.

Up Mayo! Come on ye boys in Green!

I agree with you :) My own lad plays football, hurling, soccer and basketball. I encourage all the young lads to play as much sport as they can. It's up to the adults in all the clubs to facilitate this for as long as they can.

I don't disagree at all!

I'm involved in a football (soccer) club and have done a good bit of coaching over the past 10 years - I suppose I'd traditionally have been a GAA supporter but my kids preferred the world game, so that's what I got involved in.  We've a good relationship with the local GAA club; it wouldn't always have been so, but the dinosaurs seem to be disappearing into the woodwork (on both sides).  The clubs are drawing from the same pool of players, so if there's no co-operation, both clubs will suffer, and I think both clubs recognise this. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Bingo on October 09, 2015, 10:56:13 AM

Other than that he turned his negative comments against past performances and team selections where the management and team didn't have the courage to go after similar results.

Had a few goes at McCarthy too, which I suppose is just bitterness at this stage
Once McCarthy is played in his natural position, he is very effective

JPGJOHNNYG

Do you know what the best thing is about this result I dont have to read another Jack Grealish story on the RTE website lol (for now anyway)

Pub Bore

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 09, 2015, 11:44:39 AM
Do you know what the best thing is about this result I dont have to read another Jack Grealish story on the RTE website lol (for now anyway)

No loss...Grealish wouldn't get on that team! ;)

Pub Bore

Quote from: Bingo on October 09, 2015, 10:56:13 AM

He also claimed the North's qualification saying it was a great night for Irish football!

theskull1

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 09, 2015, 11:05:22 AM
I'm involved in a football (soccer) club and have done a good bit of coaching over the past 10 years - I suppose I'd traditionally have been a GAA supporter but my kids preferred the world game, so that's what I got involved in.  We've a good relationship with the local GAA club; it wouldn't always have been so, but the dinosaurs seem to be disappearing into the woodwork (on both sides).  The clubs are drawing from the same pool of players, so if there's no co-operation, both clubs will suffer, and I think both clubs recognise this. 

One mans dinosaur is another mans stalwart who wants nothing better than to see others having that strong allegiance to the club he's part of. I can see how such people can rub some people up the wrong way especially those who see the GAA club as just another sports club for their kids to attend. There's no right or wrong...is what it is
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

From the Bunker

Quote from: theskull1 on October 09, 2015, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 09, 2015, 11:05:22 AM

One mans dinosaur is another mans stalwart who wants nothing better than to see others having that strong allegiance to the club he's part of. I can see how such people can rub some people up the wrong way especially those who see the GAA club as just another sports club for their kids to attend. There's no right or wrong...is what it is

You said it! You have to have a Man at every club who puts his club first! That's how clubs survive. From a parent point of view, don't try to force (encourage, yes, but don't force) your kids down one road.

imtommygunn

They were at the ref for ages after too and thomas muller definitely wasn't happy at all.

Dunno what the ref could have done.

Their best move was from a long ball too.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Darren Randolph's Wikipedia after being updated today:

In 2015 Randolph became the greatest keeper of all time after a string of exceptional saves and an unlikely assist against the world champions Germany. Randolph managed to keep a clean sheet in the game, whereas Manuel Neuer didn't, therefore making Randolph the world no.1 goalkeeper by default.

Darren now intends to help his native Wicklow to win the Sam Maguire cup after he delivers the European Championships to Ireland in 2016.

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Still buzzing from yesterdays result! A Miracle with a lot of hard graft, guile and a bit of magic!