Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 31, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: StephenC on August 31, 2015, 09:46:06 AM
One of the clearest cases of forearm gouging I've seen in a long time.

I laughed.

No mention of the mayo penalty, which was soft until you see McMahon throwing two digs into Boyler while he's on the ground.

Connolly is going to get off because of the Kevin Keane incident so O Connor will probably get away with it

Gaa were really silly to rescind Keanes red because they've opened the floodgates now

The GAA disciplinary process is a mess. Tiernan McCann was the nadir, but as you say the Keane incident may have bigger repercussions. Whatever happened to just taking your suspension? If Connolly gets off, it's another mess, but I wouldn't be surprised.

As I said, I'll be shocked if COC is banned.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 11:51:35 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 31, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: StephenC on August 31, 2015, 09:46:06 AM
One of the clearest cases of forearm gouging I've seen in a long time.

I laughed.

No mention of the mayo penalty, which was soft until you see McMahon throwing two digs into Boyler while he's on the ground.

Connolly is going to get off because of the Kevin Keane incident so O Connor will probably get away with it

Gaa were really silly to rescind Keanes red because they've opened the floodgates now

The GAA disciplinary process is a mess. Tiernan McCann was the nadir, but as you say the Keane incident may have bigger repercussions. Whatever happened to just taking your suspension? If Connolly gets off, it's another mess, but I wouldn't be surprised.

As I said, I'll be shocked if COC is banned.

Connolly not being available tips it in mayos favour. As said previously Mayo decided to play the roulette table in getting Keane off who doesn't even start for them . And it's going to bite them in the ass now

Look having reviewed the game Az . Kerry are the real winners. Neither side will beat Kerry

AZOffaly

I don't think you can say that to be honest. Each game has a life of its own, and while I would worry about either full back line against Kerry, I think the power in the attack will have Kerry in bother when they go straight at them.

I'm still saying the winner of this beats Kerry, but yeah, I have to say I was less sure while watching it yesterday.

Mayo4Sam

Not sure how the Keane and Connolly incidents are related?
Keane got off so everyone does?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

On the O'Connor incident it's worth noting the Conor McGovern incident from the Derry v Down game earlier in the year. . . it was almost identical only it was seen by umpires who advised the referee he struck and got a red card.

McGovern did not get his red card overturned!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
On the O'Connor incident it's worth noting the Conor McGovern incident from the Derry v Down game earlier in the year. . . it was almost identical only it was seen by umpires who advised the referee he struck and got a red card.

McGovern did not get his red card overturned!!

I don't remember that one. The one thing that's standing out to me regarding whether he deserved a red card/suspension is that it wasn't really a thrown elbow. He flailed around, and he may well (did) know the defender was there, but he couldn't have known he was going to hit him with his elbow. He never looked back, and didn't bend his arm or 'throw' the elbow. It looked to me like he wanted the ref/umpire to see he was being held and was throwing his arms around to draw attention to it.

INDIANA

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 31, 2015, 12:04:34 PM
Not sure how the Keane and Connolly incidents are related?
Keane got off so everyone does?

He got off  because it was claimed he slapped rather then struck . I'm reliably informed the GAA have opened a minefield on this inadvertently and Dublin expect him to be cleared. Their is no distinction in the rule book for that and how the GAA overturned Keanes red on that basis has the legal profession laughing at them

vallankumous

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 12:01:45 PM
I don't think you can say that to be honest. Each game has a life of its own, and while I would worry about either full back line against Kerry, I think the power in the attack will have Kerry in bother when they go straight at them.

I'm still saying the winner of this beats Kerry, but yeah, I have to say I was less sure while watching it yesterday.

The winners of the replay should be in a strong position. I think it'll stand to them in the final.

Will Mayo draw on last years replay loss? It would be a very hard way to lose again.

Stall the Bailer

Does anyone know why Keane got off? Did they miss spell his name or something similar in the match report?

orangeman

Another full house or clever marketing by Gaa ticket office ?

No attendance given yesterday ?. Bumper weekend for gaa.

orangeman

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on August 31, 2015, 12:20:44 PM
Does anyone know why Keane got off? Did they miss spell his name or something similar in the match report?

As above. Mayo claimed he hit Murphy a "slap" instead which isn't a "strike".

Mario

If Tyrone had played like Dublin yesterday there would have been a massive media backlash in the South focusing on their cynical play. I look forward to listening to off the ball to see if Parkinson is as outraged by the Dubs.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Mario on August 31, 2015, 12:24:54 PM
If Tyrone had played like Dublin yesterday there would have been a massive media backlash in the South focusing on their cynical play. I look forward to listening to off the ball to see if Parkinson is as outraged by the Dubs.

Dubs and Mayo you mean.

Anyway, lets hope justice is done and O Connor misses the replay.

vallankumous

I hope there's no backlash. Two wrongs and all that. THe attacks on Tyrone should not set the bar for sport journalism.

Nihilist

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:29:35 PM
Quote from: Mario on August 31, 2015, 12:24:54 PM

Dubs and Mayo you mean.

Anyway, lets hope justice is done and O Connor misses the replay.

So on your rationale out for Mayo go O'Connor
And out for Dublin so should go Cluxton, McMahon, Cooper, O'Sullivan, Connolly,