TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on January 21, 2014, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2014, 10:07:54 PM
The Following back on Sky Atlantic, someone dead in first minute!!

Edit: Up to 6 now
Love it! Still trying to piece things together. Where's Claire??

Spoiler alert[/size][/color]

She took it in the first scene
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Ha - missed the first 4 mins!

Minder

Bodie from The Wire making an appearance in The Following
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

5 Sams

Watched Aibigal's Party at the weekend. Those of you of a certain vintage will know what I'm talking about. Superb!!!
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Watch Over Me on BBC1 now. Yeeeoooo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 21, 2014, 11:10:06 PM
Watched Aibigal's Party at the weekend. Those of you of a certain vintage will know what I'm talking about. Superb!!!

Outstanding show, would love to actually see it in the theater
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Uncle on BBC Three is quite humorous.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2014, 11:12:28 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on January 21, 2014, 11:10:06 PM

Outstanding show, would love to actually see it in the theater

That was an excellent tv play alright.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

All of a Sludden

Having watched Benefits street, it's not much different to Sesame Street. Both have a big bird, a bloke living out of a bin, and people trying to learn the alphabet.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: All of a Sludden on January 22, 2014, 02:05:30 PM
Having watched Benefits street, it's not much different to Sesame Street. Both have a big bird, a bloke living out of a bin, and people trying to learn the alphabet.

;D

gallsman

Three episodes in and True Detective is getting very, very good.

Puckoon

Anyone watched much of "An idiot abroad"? Took in the first episode tonight, thoight it was half decent! Does it stay that way?

Asal Mor

Quote from: Puckoon on January 30, 2014, 03:30:08 AM
Anyone watched much of "An idiot abroad"? Took in the first episode tonight, thoight it was half decent! Does it stay that way?

I work with a few English lads who were raving non-stop about this show last year. I thought it was just about ok. IMO it 's very staged, a la Top Gear and Bear Grylls. They're successful shows I suppose, but I always find myself watching and thinking " this is fake, this part was set-up, he's only pretending to be surprised etc. etc.". Pilkington is quite funny but not funny enough to make up for the arseholery of Gervais and his sidekick.

screenexile

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 30, 2014, 10:52:18 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 30, 2014, 03:30:08 AM

I work with a few English lads who were raving non-stop about this show last year. I thought it was just about ok. IMO it 's very staged, a la Top Gear and Bear Grylls. They're successful shows I suppose, but I always find myself watching and thinking " this is fake, this part was set-up, he's only pretending to be surprised etc. etc.". Pilkington is quite good but not good enough to make up for the arseholery of Gervais and his sidekick.

I don't think it's staged to the extent of a Top Gear or a Bear Grylls. If Karl knew exactly what he was getting himself in for he wouldn't agree to half the stuff they make him do. Yes everyone else probably knows about it but I don't think he does.

PS. I think Gervais is brilliant and anything with him and Karl in it I will watch as some of the stuff to come out of it is hilarious... This is probably my favourite thing they've done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2bTpyHGCE

gallsman

An Idiot Abroad wasn't my cup of tea at all, thought it was pure shite. A guy ignorant of other cultures and traditions basically travels about being insulting/offensive (in a light hearted manner of course) for the amusement of others. Just don't get it.