TORGAEL

Final Score

Burren 0-9
Mayobridge 1-7

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 20, 2010, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 20, 2010, 01:57:59 PM
Like who?
Cant see many people being added to county squad this year.

I wont name names on a message board but anyone who watchs club football will know there are players listed who would never make county players. The squad last year by and large was not far away and in my view does not require many additions. I also believe under 21 players should be looked at in the under 21 campaign rather than at trials.
majority of the players named will never make county players. good club players but not good enough to be an addition to the county team. only 2 or 3 of those named will make the squad.
nil satis nisi optimum

knockitdown

superblues

well done to mayobridge nice to end the season on a high 

SHEEDY

Quote from: TORGAEL on November 20, 2010, 07:52:39 PM
Final Score

Burren 0-9
Mayobridge 1-7
does this put an end to the retirements of the bridge players. life in the old dogs yet downjim???
nil satis nisi optimum

supersub

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM
Like who?

I wont name names on a message board but anyone who watchs club football will know there are players listed who would never make county players. The squad last year by and large was not far away and in my view does not require many additions. I also believe under 21 players should be looked at in the under 21 campaign rather than at trials.
majority of the players named will never make county players. good club players but not good enough to be an addition to the county team. only 2 or 3 of those named will make the squad.

Never is a strong word in this context! Also I can count nine players in that list who were on it all or some of last season so don't know how you only get 2 or 3 from the list.

bridge fan

downjim as Gerry once said we haven't gone away you know !!! ;D ;D

knockitdown

Any match reports on the game? 1-8 to 0-4 is some second half score!

Mid Down Gael

Mayobridge fully deserved their victory tonight and should have won by more as they kicked 4 very scorable frees wide and had to play against a desperate referee who gave them nothing. It was so biased and only he gave Burren handy frees they would have scored very little. Its ironic he gave the stone nothing against the bridge in the championship, tonight he totally reversed it.
The two Sextons turned the game in the second half with great displays while the Barry's, Brady and the Grants where superb. Cathal Magee showed great character to slot the penalty home and the winning point.
For Burren McKernan was outstanding along with Eamon McGovern. Sean Murdock offered very little from play but hit his frees well.

Bridge: L Coulter, G Barry, S OHare, S Grant, A Barry, B Grant, M Lively, E Woods, D Fegan, C OHare, C Magee 1-3, B Garvey, C Garvey, B Coulter, R Brady 0-1.

N Sexton 0-3 for C OHare and R Sexton for B Garvey.

Burren: C Murdock 0-1 (free), C McGovern, D McCartan, R McGovern, K McKernan 0-2, Chris McGovern, G McCartan, A Higgins, D Rooney, Conal McGovern, J McGovern, E McGovern 0-1, Ryan McGovern, S Murdock 0-4(frees) D OHare 0-1.

E McCartan for Conal McGovern and A McArdle for A Higgins.

SHEEDY

Quote from: supersub on November 20, 2010, 08:32:12 PM
Like who?

Never is a strong word in this context! Also I can count nine players in that list who were on it all or some of last season so don't know how you only get 2 or 3 from the list.
you must be looking at a different list if you can get 9 players that made any real contribution to the success of down this year. yes there may be some who were squad players but i fail to see any more than 2 or 3 of this list that will get any league playing time never mind championship. the best players in down are already playing in the senior team. 2 or 3 of these will add to the squad but noone stands out as a possible first 15 player.
nil satis nisi optimum

alba2

what the hell happened Burren tonight... they were out of sorts and looked out of their depth against the bridge.. i have never seen a derby so tame in my life - hardly a tough challenge the whole night.  Bridge were poor and even missed 21 yard free kicks.  two sextons coming on were massive for them - eoin mc cartan failed to inspire burren this time... Wonder why Anto Mc Cardle wasnt starting... He is county player apparently - surely these players should be starting club games.....

redandblackareback

Look to be honest I dont know how he was appointed as the referee for the division 1 league final, not even in the top 5 refs in this county.. Always wants to be the main talking point and I suppose achieved that again tonight, incredible some of the decisions he gave against the bridge...

Anyway back to the football more importantly... very poor first half was lifted by a much better 2nd half, considering the bridge have been basically out of football of any note since the championship semi final they were superior to Burren tonight and only some wasteful free taking could have seen them out of sight... I do wonder and I m sure the bridge will too what would have happened had Coulter been fit to play 60mins in the Semi final rather than 6!! I think I know.. But thats football.. Burren got their gift run to a championship final and took it.. Next year I feel will be wide open again with the Bridge, Clonduff, Bryansford and possibly Kilcoo all challenging the Burren men for their title..

Good end to the senior football season tonight..

pointlad

Quote from: redandblackareback on November 20, 2010, 11:44:55 PM
Look to be honest I dont know how he was appointed as the referee for the division 1 league final, not even in the top 5 refs in this county.. Always wants to be the main talking point and I suppose achieved that again tonight, incredible some of the decisions he gave against the bridge...

Who are the top 5 referees in the county then? ???

supersub

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 20, 2010, 09:58:30 PM
Quote from: supersub on November 20, 2010, 08:32:12 PM
Like who?

you must be looking at a different list if you can get 9 players that made any real contribution to the success of down this year. yes there may be some who were squad players but i fail to see any more than 2 or 3 of this list that will get any league playing time never mind championship. the best players in down are already playing in the senior team. 2 or 3 of these will add to the squad but noone stands out as a possible first 15 player.

That's not what you said in your first post though that's why I flagged it up. You said 2 or 3 would make the squad - I argued and then you said 2 or 3 would make the league team.