Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

down1

Quote from: downjim on November 16, 2010, 05:06:59 PM
I am really looking forward to the league final on Saturday now... Burren have proved that they can mix in with the big boys and are a team for the future.. We are going to finally put the end to a lot of the Bridges players careers which the rest of the county will enjoy watching.. Forward together  :)

So who are all these bridge players whose careers will be ending sat then?????

passedit

Quote from: Leonardo on November 18, 2010, 03:24:10 PM
Really looking forward to Tullylish v Shamrocks on Sunday. Hard to believe that Shamrocks are in that position. Also, how would tullylish folk feel about winning championship and possible relegation???

Tullylish were relegated two years ago and came straight back up. In Championship, until this year, they had 1 junior success in 1968. That's a lot of footballers with no championship medals.
Don't Panic

Banana Man

Quote from: passedit on November 19, 2010, 12:24:59 PM
Really looking forward to Tullylish v Shamrocks on Sunday. Hard to believe that Shamrocks are in that position. Also, how would tullylish folk feel about winning championship and possible relegation???

Tullylish were relegated two years ago and came straight back up. In Championship, until this year, they had 1 junior success in 1968. That's a lot of footballers with no championship medals.

didn't realise Tullylish had won a junior, when they won the reserve championhip a few years bac i could have swore they were saying it was their first championship win...

passedit

Quote from: Banana Man on November 19, 2010, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: passedit on November 19, 2010, 12:24:59 PM

didn't realise Tullylish had won a junior, when they won the reserve championhip a few years bac i could have swore they were saying it was their first championship win...

It was a first for any of the boys playing! Laurencetown won a couple of juniors in the forties I think, and Tullylish contested Junior, Intermediate and Senior finals without success since 68, so a fairly bare cupboard.
Don't Panic

knockitdown

Can someone provide an update on the teams promoted and relegated (were applicable) in the 4 divisions?

Thanks

BRIDGE LAD

Down Jim, your making quite a big hole for yourself! Its a pity your not blessed with the best literature! As one of the previous posters had asked, "Who are these Bridge players career's that are coming to an end"?

townof12

Guys, i read here quite a lot but rarely post.  While i believe downjim is on a windup (and isnt from burren), i dont think others see it that way.  I dont think anybody would talk their own club up before a final, especially against their neighbours and especially after the disappointment of losing in Ulster.  Burren people are no different, they are a proud club and dont get involved in crap like that, they never have whether successful or otherwise.  Burren will get it very tight tomorrow, it will be much like a beaten county team playing in a qualifier in six days time, and we know how they often pan out!  Therefore i cant see any retirements being forced, might be some in burren though.  On another note, burren come in for quite a bit of stick re transfers, but is there any club in div 1 that hasnt accepted/lost a player(s)?

dundrumite

Quote from: townof12 on November 19, 2010, 09:27:47 PM
Guys, i read here quite a lot but rarely post.  While i believe downjim is on a windup (and isnt from burren), i dont think others see it that way.  I dont think anybody would talk their own club up before a final, especially against their neighbours and especially after the disappointment of losing in Ulster.  Burren people are no different, they are a proud club and dont get involved in crap like that, they never have whether successful or otherwise.  Burren will get it very tight tomorrow, it will be much like a beaten county team playing in a qualifier in six days time, and we know how they often pan out!  Therefore i cant see any retirements being forced, might be some in burren though.  On another note, burren come in for quite a bit of stick re transfers, but is there any club in div 1 that hasnt accepted/lost a player(s)?

Bridge and Kilcoo would very much stick to their own, or would I be wrong in that assumption?

goldenyears

The following players are invited to attend a Down senior Football
Trial on Monday 22nd November in Pairc Esler at 6.15pm. Club are asked
to notify their players and to ensure that they are in attendance.
Players are asked to confirm their attendance before 5.00pm on Monday
by contacting me on either of the numbers below.

An Riocht - Chris Killen
Annaclone - Gary McArdle, Kevin Anderson
Ardglass - Michael Magee
Atticall - Louis Sloan
Ballyholland - Joe Murphy
Ballymartin - Gavin Joyce
Bredagh - Eoin Costello
Bryansford - Philip Bonny, Luke Howard, Joe Ireland
Burren - Cathal Murdock, Gerard McCartan, Sean Murdock, Eamonn Toner,
Anton McArdle
Carryduff - Declan Alder
Clann na Banna - Malachy Magee
Clonduff - Darren O'Hagan, Jason Brown, Paul McPolin, Arthur McConville
Downpatrick - Peter Telford
Drumgath - Jackie Lynch, Stephen Parsons, Declan Sheerin, Packie Downey
Glasdrumman - Conor Harrison
Glenn - Niall McParland
Kilcoo - Conor Laverty, Paul Devlin
Liatroim - Michéal McCartan
Longstone - Conor Poland
Mayobridge - Shane O'Hare, Ryan Brady, Cathal Magee
Mitchels - Shane Cooney
Rostrevor - Sean Parr
Saval - Rory Digney, Fergal McConville
St John Bosco - Chris Duggan
St Johns - Gerard McAnulty
Tullylish - Gareth Johnson, Niall Donnelly, Shannon Drainey, John McAreavey
Warrenpoint - John Boyle

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2010, 12:28:42 AM
Quote from: townof12 on November 19, 2010, 09:27:47 PM

Bridge and Kilcoo would very much stick to their own, or would I be wrong in that assumption?

Kingdom and Longstone would also stick to their own.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: goldenyears on November 20, 2010, 01:11:07 PM
The following players are invited to attend a Down senior Football
Trial on Monday 22nd November in Pairc Esler at 6.15pm. Club are asked
to notify their players and to ensure that they are in attendance.
Players are asked to confirm their attendance before 5.00pm on Monday
by contacting me on either of the numbers below.

An Riocht - Chris Killen
Annaclone - Gary McArdle, Kevin Anderson
Ardglass - Michael Magee
Atticall - Louis Sloan
Ballyholland - Joe Murphy
Ballymartin - Gavin Joyce
Bredagh - Eoin Costello
Bryansford - Philip Bonny, Luke Howard, Joe Ireland
Burren - Cathal Murdock, Gerard McCartan, Sean Murdock, Eamonn Toner,
Anton McArdle
Carryduff - Declan Alder
Clann na Banna - Malachy Magee
Clonduff - Darren O'Hagan, Jason Brown, Paul McPolin, Arthur McConville
Downpatrick - Peter Telford
Drumgath - Jackie Lynch, Stephen Parsons, Declan Sheerin, Packie Downey
Glasdrumman - Conor Harrison
Glenn - Niall McParland
Kilcoo - Conor Laverty, Paul Devlin
Liatroim - Michéal McCartan
Longstone - Conor Poland
Mayobridge - Shane O'Hare, Ryan Brady, Cathal Magee
Mitchels - Shane Cooney
Rostrevor - Sean Parr
Saval - Rory Digney, Fergal McConville
St John Bosco - Chris Duggan
St Johns - Gerard McAnulty
Tullylish - Gareth Johnson, Niall Donnelly, Shannon Drainey, John McAreavey
Warrenpoint - John Boyle

Jesus some of the above names getting a county trial is hard to understand.

Brick Tamlin

Like who?
Cant see many people being added to county squad this year.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 20, 2010, 01:57:59 PM
Like who?
Cant see many people being added to county squad this year.

I wont name names on a message board but anyone who watchs club football will know there are players listed who would never make county players. The squad last year by and large was not far away and in my view does not require many additions. I also believe under 21 players should be looked at in the under 21 campaign rather than at trials.

Brick Tamlin

Id be in favour of any way at all to strengthen the squad.
Some of those names mentioned above have been tried previously but i see nothing wrong with giving them another shot at it. They might turn out to finally come good or contribute something.
After all the likes of Mark Poland & Kallum King had been tried before but came very good this year.

ceol agus peil

Burran 0.5,mayobridge 0.2,halftime downleague final
Sent from my iphone