Jason McAteer- What sums up playing for Ireland

Started by stiffler, January 31, 2009, 11:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Declan

Reminds of the story Tony Jacklin told I think when Peter Oosterhuis asked him for assistance in reading the line of a putt during a Ryder Cup game and when Jacklin leaned down behind him Oosterhuis pointed out some blonde in the gallery

gerry

this was not a surprise

size=3]
Tranmere sack Barnes and McAteer
[/size]
Barnes joined Rovers after leaving his post as manager of Jamaica in July

Tranmere have terminated the contracts of manager John Barnes and assistant boss Jason McAteer after a run of just two league wins from 11 matches.

The club are 22nd in League One and were knocked out of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Tuesday in Barnes' last match in charge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tranmere_rovers/8298686.stm
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

quit yo jibbajabba

proof that not all great players make great managers...................and as for barnes.............. ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2009, 11:51:16 AM
proof that not all great players make great managers...................and as for barnes.............. ;D

John Barnes is a bombscare of a manager, he was absolutely atrocious at Celtic.
McAteer should have avoided working with him, tough lesson.
Tbc....

deiseach

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2009, 11:51:16 AM

Ooooohhhh . . . Digger was as class an act as I've ever seen on a soccer pitch. But I still laughed. Sorry, John.

quit yo jibbajabba

huge fan mesel tbh, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade,

no racist pun intended honestly!

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2009, 12:01:03 PM
huge fan mesel tbh, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade,

no racist pun intended honestly!

Ur ok, Bruce Forsythe would probably say something like sure we always called 'em that in the good old days & it was all good craic.

ballinaman

As a Tranmere supporter....Thank god those fools are gone. Dumb and Dumber they have been known as. John Barnes would be lynched if he ever showed his face around Glasgow and i say it's going to be the same around Birkenhead....

5 Sams

What did Trigger say....the page "doesnt exist" apparently
The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

Jason McAteer's nickname before he went to Liverpool football club was 'Trigger' - after the Only Fools And Horses character because Jason isn't very bright. However at Liverpool they give the least bright person in the team the nickname 'Trigger' and the person who had that name when McAteer arrived was Rob Jones. So after a short while at Anfield the players found out what Jason was like and decided to give him the nickname of 'Double Trigger'

There are a couple of stories about Jason McAteer's exploits. Apparently Jason was in a Dublin nightclub and saw Jimmy White and decided to say hello by yelling a catchphrase that Jimmy would instantly recognize and so Jason yelled out the cry of - 'One hundred and eighty'

Another rumour is that Jason was filling out a credit card application and is confused as to what to put in the space marked 'Position In Company' his source of confusion is revealed when he says to a Liverpool team mate - 'I'm a central midfielder but the boss is playing me at right wing back'

Another story has Alan Thompson an ex-Bolton team mate of Jason asking Jason to - 'pass the tomato ketchup' and the answer Alan gets back from Jason is - 'Red or brown'

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

redhugh

McAteer locked himself out of his car in the carpark at Melwood so he called the cops to help him break in .The cop asked him to get his hands on a coathanger to break in with.Trigger arrived back with a wooden one.

Rawhide

Quote from: T O Hare on October 09, 2009, 12:25:16 PM
Jason McAteer's nickname before he went to Liverpool football club was 'Trigger' - after the Only Fools And Horses character because Jason isn't very bright. However at Liverpool they give the least bright person in the team the nickname 'Trigger' and the person who had that name when McAteer arrived was Rob Jones. So after a short while at Anfield the players found out what Jason was like and decided to give him the nickname of 'Double Trigger'

There are a couple of stories about Jason McAteer's exploits. Apparently Jason was in a Dublin nightclub and saw Jimmy White and decided to say hello by yelling a catchphrase that Jimmy would instantly recognize and so Jason yelled out the cry of - 'One hundred and eighty'

Another rumour is that Jason was filling out a credit card application and is confused as to what to put in the space marked 'Position In Company' his source of confusion is revealed when he says to a Liverpool team mate - 'I'm a central midfielder but the boss is playing me at right wing back'

Another story has Alan Thompson an ex-Bolton team mate of Jason asking Jason to - 'pass the tomato ketchup' and the answer Alan gets back from Jason is - 'Red or brown'
:D :D :D talk about lifting the spirits
cccc is a true supporter lol

AZOffaly

There's another story does the rounds of Limerick whereby he was down at a training camp in UL before one of the world cups. Went into a pizza joint and asked for a medium pepperoni or whatever. The waitress asked him would he like it cut into 4 or 8 slices, and he said 'Ooh, better make it 4 love, I don't think I'm hungry enough for 8' :D

Main Street