Jason McAteer- What sums up playing for Ireland

Started by stiffler, January 31, 2009, 11:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ballinaman on October 09, 2009, 12:18:43 PM
As a Tramere supporter....Thank god those fools are gone. Dumb and Dumber they have been known as. John Barnes would be lynched if he ever showed his face around Glasgow and i say it's going to be the same around Birkenhead....

Haha Tranmere!  :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2009, 01:52:07 PM
As a Tranmere supporter....Thank god those fools are gone. Dumb and Dumber they have been known as. John Barnes would be lynched if he ever showed his face around Glasgow and i say it's going to be the same around Birkenhead....

For my sins!!!

deiseach

I often wonder whether McAteer's dimwittedness is overstated. Most of the stories attributed to him are rehashed Yogi Berra gags and the bit where he mimed scribbling on his hand when Roy Keane was giving it large was comic genius.

bingobus

Quote from: ballinaman on October 09, 2009, 02:02:24 PM
As a Tranmere supporter....Thank god those fools are gone. Dumb and Dumber they have been known as. John Barnes would be lynched if he ever showed his face around Glasgow and i say it's going to be the same around Birkenhead....

For my sins!!!

What about taking Aldo back? Any chance you think?

Shame McAteer went onboard with Barnes. It was doomed to fail. He'd have been better to keep a lower profile and get his own gig in a few years. He's a good one, dim but it never stopped others!

Rav67

Quote from: deiseach on October 09, 2009, 02:06:20 PM
I often wonder whether McAteer's dimwittedness is overstated. Most of the stories attributed to him are rehashed Yogi Berra gags and the bit where he mimed scribbling on his hand when Roy Keane was giving it large was comic genius.

:D It was hilarious when McAteer done that.

Then we had old Mother Theresa, who was a team-mate of Trigger at the time and who Keane had slagged off in his book, come out and say it was a disgrace that he should goad "ireland's greatest ever player" like that!  Kiss ass bastid.

ballinaman

Quote from: bingobus on October 09, 2009, 02:08:36 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 09, 2009, 02:02:24 PM

For my sins!!!

What about taking Aldo back? Any chance you think?

Shame McAteer went onboard with Barnes. It was doomed to fail. He'd have been better to keep a lower profile and get his own gig in a few years. He's a good one, dim but it never stopped others!

Yep, anything would be better than those two eejits!! Aldo was a luantic though in the dressing room but got the most out of the players that were there. Doubtful that he'll even put his hat in the ring seeing as it's bascially the same board that are still there and who caused all the problems with him. Anything is possible though.

screenexile

Lads if you have a spare 10 minutes have a gander at this... All those McAteer stories are true except the nickname! They called him 'Dave' because there already was a Trigger at Liverpool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GyhzeYBbrE

Razor would be some man to go on the beer with I reckon!

5 Sams

I have always had a soft spot for McAteer.....apart from being a Ballyholland man  :P he contributed to one of the best days entertainement I have ever had...

First I was there when he did this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FO8U2aZMk

...and then I went to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZv9KKf0g0

....unfcukingreal.....
The Aristocrat Years

Aerlik

Quote from: screenexile on October 09, 2009, 03:30:19 PM
Razor would be some man to go on the beer with I reckon!

Seriously?  I think he'd be full of shite
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Minder

I think Rob Jones was the real trigger when Mc Ateer was there, ten times the player too.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2009, 05:16:15 PM
I think Rob Jones was the real trigger when Mc Ateer was there, ten times the player too.

Certainly was. Would have been a legend squared but for injuries

Minder

Quote from: deiseach on October 09, 2009, 05:17:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2009, 05:16:15 PM

Certainly was. Would have been a legend squared but for injuries

I remember he played for Liverpool against United at O.T two days after signing from Crewe and was marking Giggs who was in his pomp, he never gave him a kick.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2009, 05:21:59 PM
I remember he played for Liverpool against United at O.T two days after signing from Crewe and was marking Giggs who was in his pomp, he never gave him a kick.

I remember it well *sob*

Drumanee 1

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 09, 2009, 03:42:42 PM
I have always had a soft spot for McAteer.....apart from being a Ballyholland man  :P he contributed to one of the best days entertainement I have ever had...

First I was there when he did this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FO8U2aZMk

...and then I went to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZv9KKf0g0

....unfcukingreal.....

was there not one song where someone through up a tri colour and he rapped it round him and said,for you jason mcateer?

new devil