Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2012, 02:11:51 PM
Makes sense I suppose as Niall Carew would be a member there having played hurling for them for years.

I hope Coill Dubh stand their ground and don't allow themselves to be used as a pawn in this. There's enough lip service paid to hurling in this county without it being used as a convenient stepping stone to enable a lad to be eligible to play football for Kildare.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Just on Twitter, Coffey would be the sports editor of the Kildare Nationalist.

Brendan Coffey ‏@coffeybrendan

Seanie Johnston will have to play at least 2 mins with Coill Dubh in the #KildareSHC in order to be eligible to play with Kildare #GAA

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Jaysus, he'd want to shine in those two minutes or there's no chance Willie Sunderland will pick him.

Donnellys Hollow

Ger Gilroy‏@gergilroy

@coffeybrendan some hero corner back will try and crack his shins, before muttering "that's hurling" in his ear...

;D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

At least Twitter is showing the funny side

Daragh Ó Conchúir ‏@RebelDevil71

@gergilroy @coffeybrendan like the Grange lad that nailed me from behind (jesus that sounds dodgy) + said 'put that in your f**king paper'!!
#newbridgeornowhere

AQMP

Didn't Peter Canavan register as a Killyclogher hurler to make him eligible for Tyrone football minors when his club Glencull were not recognised by the GAA?  Not exactly the same scenario I know...

Dinny Breen

Leinster Leader posing some interesting questions

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/still-questions-to-be-answered-over-johnston-s-delayed-transfer-1-3879301

(1) Why has a decision been delayed until now when this transfer was originally lodged with Croke Park on 22 March?

(2) One of the reasons given at an earlier appeal as to why the transfer request was held up was that Cavan Gaels and Cavan Co. Board were objecting to the move but now it transpires that neither Cavan Gaels or Cavan Co. Board lodged an objection within the ten day period allowed for such objections. So why was the transfer not granted once all other criteria was met?

(3) When Johnston's appeal was lodged (and heard initially) it was held under the old rule and prior to Congress changing the rule re a player must play with his club in the local championship prior to playing with the county, so with the transfer having now been granted does it come under the original rule (when the initial hearings were held) or under the new rule which only came into operation on Monday 14 May.
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2012, 03:07:08 PM

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/still-questions-to-be-answered-over-johnston-s-delayed-transfer-1-3879301

(1) Why has a decision been delayed until now when this transfer was originally lodged with Croke Park on 22 March?

(2) One of the reasons given at an earlier appeal as to why the transfer request was held up was that Cavan Gaels and Cavan Co. Board were objecting to the move but now it transpires that neither Cavan Gaels or Cavan Co. Board lodged an objection within the ten day period allowed for such objections. So why was the transfer not granted once all other criteria was met?

(3) When Johnston's appeal was lodged (and heard initially) it was held under the old rule and prior to Congress changing the rule re a player must play with his club in the local championship prior to playing with the county, so with the transfer having now been granted does it come under the original rule (when the initial hearings were held) or under the new rule which only came into operation on Monday 14 May.

1. Third transfer application received by Croke Park on 02.04.12 - I've had lads moving from Dublin to other provinces who's transfer has taken longer. Once received by Croke Park it goes to Cavan County Secretary and from there to Cavan Gaels who have ten days to consider it. Third transfer application rejected by CCCC on 17.5.12 - fairly reasonable turnaround in my opinion.

2. See my previous post and the absence of a keyword from Cavan CB & Cavan Gaels. CCCC were not satisfied that he met the criteria for residency or for ethos. There were also questions marks over another issue which remain unresolved.

3. Quite simple, the rule that is now if force. If it were a competition that had already started by May 14th then it would be old rule, but clearly he must go by the rules in play now.

Will ya pass on my details to these fellas and I can clear things up for them before they go to print.

tommysmith

He would hardly be interested the truth wouldnt make as good a story.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 03:19:18 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2012, 03:07:08 PM

1. Third transfer application received by Croke Park on 02.04.12 - I've had lads moving from Dublin to other provinces who's transfer has taken longer. Once received by Croke Park it goes to Cavan County Secretary and from there to Cavan Gaels who have ten days to consider it. Third transfer application rejected by CCCC on 17.5.12 - fairly reasonable turnaround in my opinion.

2. See my previous post and the absence of a keyword from Cavan CB & Cavan Gaels. CCCC were not satisfied that he met the criteria for residency or for ethos. There were also questions marks over another issue which remain unresolved.

3. Quite simple, the rule that is now if force. If it were a competition that had already started by May 14th then it would be old rule, but clearly he must go by the rules in play now.

Will ya pass on my details to these fellas and I can clear things up for them before they go to print.

Fair enough, paper doesn't refuse ink though.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ohtoohtobe

Come off it, we all know Croke Park stalled this so that Kevin's would already have played championship... are you really trying to tell me it just happened to go through a few days too late for him to play club championship?

heffo

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 04:16:24 PM
Come off it, we all know Croke Park stalled this so that Kevin's would already have played championship...

Really?

How long in your experience does the average inter-provincial transfer take? One that isn't contrived now...

Jinxy

The Flourbags are actually disgracing themselves at this stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mup

I thought Meath did a pretty good job of doing that this year themselves by getting relegated to Div. 3.   ;)

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 04:20:25 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 24, 2012, 04:16:24 PM
Come off it, we all know Croke Park stalled this so that Kevin's would already have played championship...

Really?

How long in your experience does the average inter-provincial transfer take? One that isn't contrived now...

Yes really. Are you honestly telling me that it couldn't have gone through last week? That the timing of the first round of the Kildare club championship had nothing to do with it? That Cavan Gaels or Cavan did lodge an objection, contrary to number two above?
You're trying to paint this as just a normal inter-provincial transfer that took the normal amount of time, that Croke Park simply processed it as they usually would. We both know that  from day one it has not been viewed that way.