Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 18, 2012, 12:35:30 PM

Gaels don't need to sign it. If he meets the criteria to move, that's it.

Yeah, thinking about it that right. Maybe the clubs should be made to sign it or then it goes for approval. If genuine reasons for moving, i think a club will sign it.

I don't blame gaels if they didn't sign it, such that case arise.

Bingo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 18, 2012, 12:36:11 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 18, 2012, 12:19:23 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on May 18, 2012, 12:16:50 PM

He apparently meets all of the GAA's criteria to move from cavan to this Kevin's club. Should there be extra criteria if you are a good player? Obviously even the cccc believe this to be the case when they won't meet to rule on it.

If this is so the transfer should be granted and all involved cursed.

Na, Just if you've been caught lying through your teeth during your original application.

While I agree with you on this, I don't think two wrongs will ever make a right.
Even if I think Seanie has been lying, the CCCC seems to be playing silly buggers here and that is wrong.
If it transpires that the only reason for the appeal hearing to be postpond was to deny him the chance to play for Kildare, the CCC is messing around with the rules- same as Johnston and the Kildare CB.
If his transfer has to be blocked, let this be because the rules don't allow it.
If this is not the case, his transfer can only be delayed, not blocked. He could be eligible to play next season.
In any event, I don't think the fun is over just yet.
My money is on S Kevin's lodging an appeal or threatening to go to court.

Yeah, cause they will be the big winners in this alright  ;)

Westside

The CCCC have turned down the transfer based on Residency and Ethos rules.

Westside

Apparently after reading the rejection letter Seanie looked wistfully into the distance. Something like this:

Donnellys Hollow

And now the appeals process commences.....  ::)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on May 18, 2012, 02:54:59 PM
The CCCC have turned down the transfer based on Residency and Ethos rules.

Well if they met and rejected the transfer fair enough, at least people can't complain that they held up the meeting to miss the Kildare championship match. Of course, those who earlier were talking about how only the rules should be used (as opposed to getting a result by delaying meetings) will now accept the decision of the cccc who are after all, applying the rules to  this case. Without doubt this is against the ethos of the GAA.

Sean Johnson must now realise he has acted very foolishly and like I said if he had the same attitude as 99% of county footballers he'd probably be lining up to face Donegal for his home county, instead he will be sitting on his arse at home watching the game on TV in the knowledge that a lot of Cavan people don't think too much of him at this point.

rodney trotter

Hindsight is a great thing... if he wasn't dropped from the County panel in the first place this wouldn't be happening. Easy to say he could be playing this sunday since Andrews is gone, if Cavan weren't so poor during the league Val Andrews would  still be Manager and he had no intention of getting Seanie Johnston back at any stage this year. i highly doubt Terry Hyland would have got him back in straight away either. What's done is done. He is a former Cavan player.

anglocelt39

mylestheslasher

Re: Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers
« Reply #1047 on: Today at 04:12:37 PM »
You are ignoring this user.

Have to say the level of reason and intelligence on this thread has increased noticeably of late
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 18, 2012, 07:04:42 PM
mylestheslasher

Re: Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers
« Reply #1047 on: Today at 04:12:37 PM »
You are ignoring this user.

Have to say the level of reason and intelligence on this thread has increased noticeably of late
Yawn. Another exciting contribution from grandfather know nothing.

anglocelt39

??? Sorry miley all picture no sound, it's been great though :-*
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 18, 2012, 08:06:24 PM
??? Sorry miley all picture no sound, it's been great though :-*

You read it plonker. Btw, you don't need sound to read a forum. Bit sad pretending to ignore someone as well as pretending to delete your account.

Hill16 Blues

Delighted with ruling! Now Seanie, off you go with your tail between your legs  ;D

On the upside Kildare is a grand spot to be living in during the Summer hols! So many places to see & so convenient to all other parts of the country. Now on your bike.........!

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 18, 2012, 09:48:28 PM
Say's alot about the CCCC that they couldn't say they weren't granting the transfer to his face, instead sending out a Registred letter in the post ( Registered letter meaning he would recieve in inside 24 hours) He was up and down enough times to Croke Park and they hadn't the balls to say it to his face. More a panic reaction probaly,. as they were getting bad press be leaving it to Monday and took some of that away by letting him know 24 hours before the match. He will get the move from the DRA, whenever thats happens.

D'ya think so? I don't! Rejection on grounds of 'contrary to GAA ethos' is a valid reason.

As for the means of communicating the decision you obviously don't do irony. I think it's deliciously ironic that they sent a registered letter to Johnston considering this all started to go horribly wrong for him when previously sent registered letter from GAA was returned with Not Known at this Address. You gotta love it!  ;D

rodney trotter

Alot of hearsay about that letter being returned as him not living there.. if it was true or not i have no idea. it was a long time ago now. second week in Januray, i dont know what was going on then but he has been commuting up and down the last couple of months for his job in Cavan.