Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on May 09, 2012, 09:29:06 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
So he actually gave someone elses address in straffan, someone he didnt know??! Christ.

Well then, as my second paragraph contends, it doesnt make the blindest bit of difference anyway, he just moves to where he said he lived, and says he hadnt completed the move at the time of the application, but as he knew he was moving, thats the address he put.
I don't understand. People live in the address which Johnston gave. Does he just turn up and say, "I live here now"?

If I was Johnston's mate* and I lived in the apartment, I would have told the postman the same thing.

That would be quite funny.

* I don't know if the boys living there are Seanie's mates or not.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

tommysmith

Has there being any new info in this the whole thing is getting boring now, is there a date for the decision?

Donnellys Hollow

Saturday 19 May 2012 7.00pm
MDY Construction Senior Football Championship Round 1
At Clane        Leixlip V St. Kevin's

If it doesn't go through before Saturday week I guess he'll be off elsewhere for the summer. I don't think there'll be another round of championship fixtures before Kildare's campaign is over.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

haranguerer

Would the Kildare championship always start as early DH, or was it brought forward this year?

Curious about the new rule - if a young player was injured or away say, and missed their (first) club championship would that leave them ineligible for county football for another year?

Dinny Breen

The 1st round was in May last year as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 11:17:54 AM
Curious about the new rule - if a young player was injured or away say, and missed their (first) club championship would that leave them ineligible for county football for another year?

It only applies for those who have made an IC transfer.

haranguerer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 09, 2012, 11:40:33 AM

So the 'Seanie Johnson rule' was never likely to have an effect on the Seanie Johnson saga.

Unless I'm missing something, this suggests either complete ineptitude on behalf of those making the rule in that they didnt make themselves aware of this (unlikely, but possible), or that they knew the rule would have no effect, and merely introuduced it to be seen to be doing something.

eddie d

Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 01:33:14 PM

So the 'Seanie Johnson rule' was never likely to have an effect on the Seanie Johnson saga.
Unless I'm missing something, this suggests either complete ineptitude on behalf of those making the rule in that they didnt make themselves aware of this (unlikely, but possible), or that they knew the rule would have no effect, and merely introuduced it to be seen to be doing something.

yea it would, it states that any player looking a transfer would have to play for their new club in the championship in order to play for the county they transfer to.

Jinxy

Quote from: hardstation on May 09, 2012, 09:29:06 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
So he actually gave someone elses address in straffan, someone he didnt know??! Christ.

Well then, as my second paragraph contends, it doesnt make the blindest bit of difference anyway, he just moves to where he said he lived, and says he hadnt completed the move at the time of the application, but as he knew he was moving, thats the address he put.
I don't understand. People live in the address which Johnston gave. Does he just turn up and say, "I live here now"?

"This is Seanie Johnstons house now. Beat it!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

Quote from: eddie d on May 09, 2012, 04:01:41 PM

yea it would, it states that any player looking a transfer would have to play for their new club in the championship in order to play for the county they transfer to.

Ffs aye that much is obvious, but when the club championship is earlier in the year than the interco championship, its not a big ask at all. If he were moving to a lot of other counties, their club championship wouldnt be starting til after the interco championship, so you'd be ruled out for a full year in effect.

INDIANA

it does because if seanie doesnt play club championsip in kildare in the next 8 days he cant play for kildare this year.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: INDIANA on May 10, 2012, 09:16:27 AM

it does because if seanie doesnt play club championsip in kildare in the next 8 days he cant play for kildare this year.

Could he not play the second round of the club championship and then subsequently turn out for Kildare?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 10, 2012, 02:49:32 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 10, 2012, 09:16:27 AM

Could he not play the second round of the club championship and then subsequently turn out for Kildare?

Very unlikely to be a second round until after Kildare's summer is over. That's been the way the last few years anyway and there's one less round in the Kildare County Championship this year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

eddie d

Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 10:07:12 PM
Quote from: eddie d on May 09, 2012, 04:01:41 PM

Ffs aye that much is obvious, but when the club championship is earlier in the year than the interco championship, its not a big ask at all. If he were moving to a lot of other counties, their club championship wouldnt be starting til after the interco championship, so you'd be ruled out for a full year in effect.

if its so obvious then why did u put up that it wouldnt affect sj? ( sounded like u needed it spelt out)

haranguerer

I was assuming the DRA appeal would be complete, and his transfer through very soon (I dont see how they can stop it). Then, as the Kildare championship is so early, he just has to play a bit in that game and thats him. It has no great effect as opposed to if he was moving to almost any other Ulster co, where the championship wouldnt start til later in the summer, so he couldnt play interco til next year.

I could be wrong about the first bit though, but surely given the conditions in place, the DRA would be under an obligation to make a decision before the match in question. If they didnt it'd be sneaky as f**k imo - avoiding a headline by continually stalling. Does anyone know the current story for certain?