Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Seemingly there is a meeting tonight that Gaels are supposed to be attending. IMO (I'm not in the know) this transfer WILL go through.

Donnellys Hollow

Elsewhere, the GAA's Central Competition Controls Committee are to decide on Seanie Johnston's proposed transfer to Kildare club St Kevin's later this week. The CCCC met again on the issue yesterday and are understood to be close to a decision.

Last chance for him now before the Kevins v Leixlip match on Saturday night. There'll be some media circus descending on Clane if he does get it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hashtag

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 15, 2012, 01:41:00 PM
Elsewhere, the GAA's Central Competition Controls Committee are to decide on Seanie Johnston's proposed transfer to Kildare club St Kevin's later this week. The CCCC met again on the issue yesterday and are understood to be close to a decision.

Last chance for him now before the Kevins v Leixlip match on Saturday night. There'll be some media circus descending on Clane if he does get it.

I predict that the transfer will go through, but he won't be played in the championship game against Leixlip. Unused sub.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 15, 2012, 01:41:00 PM

Yeah, the papparrazzi will probably follow him home.
I hope they've change for the M3.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on May 09, 2012, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 09, 2012, 09:29:06 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
So he actually gave someone elses address in straffan, someone he didnt know??! Christ.

Well then, as my second paragraph contends, it doesnt make the blindest bit of difference anyway, he just moves to where he said he lived, and says he hadnt completed the move at the time of the application, but as he knew he was moving, thats the address he put.
I don't understand. People live in the address which Johnston gave. Does he just turn up and say, "I live here now"?

"This is Seanie Johnstons house now. Beat it!"

Do you think he talks about himself in the third person?

Westside

Quote from: LeoMc on May 15, 2012, 04:36:42 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 09, 2012, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 09, 2012, 09:29:06 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 09, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
So he actually gave someone elses address in straffan, someone he didnt know??! Christ.

Well then, as my second paragraph contends, it doesnt make the blindest bit of difference anyway, he just moves to where he said he lived, and says he hadnt completed the move at the time of the application, but as he knew he was moving, thats the address he put.
I don't understand. People live in the address which Johnston gave. Does he just turn up and say, "I live here now"?

See the profile of the poster Samstheaim to answer that question.
"This is Seanie Johnstons house now. Beat it!"

Do you think he talks about himself in the third person?

Donnellys Hollow

KfmSport‏@KfmSport

BREAKING: Seanie Johnston will NOT play for Kildare this year, as CCCC won't meet until Monday night, despite having all paperwork required.

Jinxy

I genuinely believe he hung himself with his antics at the Division 2 final.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on May 16, 2012, 11:27:42 PM
I genuinely believe he hung himself with his antics at the Division 2 final.

Can't have done him any favours.

Think it's for the best and Kildare football is better off without him. The likes of Dowling and Fogarty have what it takes to cut it at this level and hopefully they will be afforded the opportunity to prove themselves now.

mylestheslasher

It seems the powers that be in croke park did not want this transfer to go ahead so used sneaky tactics like postponing meetings to prevent it. It will be annoying for kildare people who want the transfer to happen and of course for his few supporters in cavan but I think the cccc have done the gaa a service by making this carry on difficult.
Thing is if he went back to his club and played ball he might be playing for cavan on Sunday

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 16, 2012, 11:37:08 PM
It seems the powers that be in croke park did not want this transfer to go ahead so used sneaky tactics like postponing meetings to prevent it. It will be annoying for kildare people who want the transfer to happen and of course for his few supporters in cavan but I think the cccc have done the gaa a service by making this carry on difficult.
Thing is if he went back to his club and played ball he might be playing for cavan on Sunday

Don't think you'll find too many of them.

DuffleKing

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 01, 2012, 11:26:27 PM

Whatever about the  moral rights and wrongs of Johnson's transfer, there is a fundamental rotten egg being conveniently ignored here. that is that whether we like it or not, Johnson meets all of the GAA's own criteria for a transfer from cavan to kevins but is now being denied by a systematic evasion of due process by croke park. cancelling meetings and deferring decisions is a very small approach to dealing with any issue.

Whether you approve or not of this transfer, this is a dispicable way for the supposed standard bearers of our game to conduct their business

rodney trotter

IF that is the end of the transfer then it's a disgraceful way to end it. He has provided all the information needed that he was asked to provide. For or Against Seanie Johnston in the transfer, he was being messed out. They will probaly grant it Monday now when its too late. ::)

Westside

Johnston may look at this long term and push through the transfer in order to be eligible for next year. Although that is dependent on how Kildare fare out this year..

I don't think the transfer should have gone through but the GAA should have either given it to him, or denied it (based on grounds of the overriding ethos of the GAA or something) Not granting it by delaying tactics was a complete cop out.

rrhf

Whatever it took to incovenience the situation. Was worth it.  A year to think of how much he loves his club in Cavan or not