Longford v Tyrone - Qualifiers Round 2 - 9 July 2011

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 26, 2011, 08:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Let's get the party started.

I am delighted with this one. If we do go out who better than to a class act like Tyrone.

That said I think we'll put it up to them. Pearse Park - full house - we've seen Down, Derry and Mayo come a cropper there. Kerry and Laois came out of there by the skins of their teeth.

Last time Tyrone visited they handed out an afwul beating in the League in one of Cormac McAnallen last matches (it actually may have been his last for Tyrone, I am not sure).

Hopefully we can get a good crowd of ye Tyrone boys down for a good evening of football and a few pints after, win, lose or draw.

seafoid

Didn't AIB and Bank of Ireland also lose everything in Longford?

While you are down for the match, why not buy an estate with your sterling ?     

orangeman

Any time yet for this match ?? Will it be on tv ?

Rois

SS, where to stay for a couple of Tyrone girls coming down for a bit of craic afterwards?

ONeill

Looking forward to visiting Granard again. Love the sound of it and it has some history.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shamrock Shore

Wrong person to ask Rois as I left home in 1987 or thereabouts.

Others may be of more help like Qwerty or Laurel.

As for Granard O'Neill it's our little jewel for sure.

Blowitupref

Great home draw for Longford should be a sell out.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ross4life

Yeah cracker of a tie. I might make the trip across to Longford to give our neighbours some support.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

panc56

What a game! If we can avoid them running up a lead then Longford will win I have no doubt.

We love these qualifiers! Bring it on.

backofthehand

Quote from: Rois on June 26, 2011, 08:51:45 PM
SS, where to stay for a couple of Tyrone girls coming down for a bit of craic afterwards?
Longford arms hotel or viewmont house is very good b&b.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rois on June 26, 2011, 08:51:45 PM

Craic in Longford?  Now that's a question - Keogh's in Mullinalaghta, I'd imagine.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Valentines or PV Fallons for the post match drinking (assuming they still exist)

Else head back and stop in Lynns/Sportsman's Inn in Edgeworthstown where the game will be re-chewed and digested with some of the finest football brains in Longford.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 26, 2011, 08:13:59 PM
Last time Tyrone visited they handed out an afwul beating in the League in one of Cormac McAnallen last matches (it actually may have been his last for Tyrone, I am not sure).

Yep SS, 'twas his very last.

It's sure to be a much tougher test for us this time, but maybe just what the doctor ordered  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Being beaten by Longford seems like the lowest a team can fall to, if the Mayo crowd are anything to go by.
Cavan too. 

Like the ugliest woman in whatever that nightclub is called in Ballyhaunis. "I had an awful feed of pints and I went home with LONGFORD".

I really  liked Breffni Yank's comment

"We got hammered at home to LONGFORD for christ sake."

Shamrock Shore

Yes Seafoid.

Sadly a good few counties think being beaten by Longford in the championship is akin to finding out your only son wants to be a nun.