Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I saw a NI fleg in a shopping centre in France. The RoI fleg has more orange in it.

seafoid

The centenary of the Somme happens in July.  How should the Board remember it?

Walter Cronc

Saw videos of NI fans signing '10 German bombers' with a loyalist drummer in the middle. Lovely lads. Though I suppose the best way to annoy them would actually be to support them!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 12, 2016, 07:10:36 AM

Why don't you open up another thread, see how that pans out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 12, 2016, 08:18:26 AM
Saw videos of NI fans signing '10 German bombers' with a loyalist drummer in the middle. Lovely lads. Though I suppose the best way to annoy them would actually be to support them!
Soccer in NI must be heavily influenced by social class because rugby is completely different. It is hard to believe how different the 2 sports are.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 12, 2016, 10:32:43 AM
Soccer in NI must be heavily influenced by social class because rugby is completely different. It is hard to believe how different the 2 sports are.

Rugby has always been a middle class thing or an educated following crowd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: seafoid on June 12, 2016, 07:10:36 AM

With respect, but without hero worship.

T Fearon

Like all other centenaries it should be ignored and left in the past,a very different place from the present

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on June 12, 2016, 12:18:22 PM
Like all other centenaries it should be ignored and left in the past,a very different place from the present
It seems to be a key part of Unionist identity  along with the Queen

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on June 12, 2016, 10:32:43 AM
Hardly a phenomenon confined to NI.

From the Bunker

Figured out from the playing of the Anthem as the camera scrolled past the players the answer to the question in the title!

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 12, 2016, 04:59:54 PM
Figured out from the playing of the Anthem as the camera scrolled past the players the answer to the question in the title!
Lol I thought exactly the same thing!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Disgrace that they still use that as the national anthem

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.