Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Talking of flegs on the beltels photos some lad has an actual Ulster flag on his balcony!!! He better watch his back lol

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/euro2016/euro-2016-northern-irelands-green-and-white-army-descend-on-france-as-tournament-set-to-begin-34788700.html

BennyCake

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2016, 11:53:06 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2016, 11:14:39 AM
Did you watch it?? Christ the night some people are very sensitive.... Banter and they clapped when given back to them...
unreal the lengths people will go to , to get offended

The people in this video did not go to any lengths to be offended, they were simply walking through the airport when they encountered a loyalist mob.

I really do hope you are a WUM

Some posters may be sick after seeing this photo
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2016, 12:13:40 PM
Did you watch it?? Christ the night some people are very sensitive.... Banter and they clapped when given back to them...

The people in this video did not go to any lengths to be offended, they were simply walking through the airport when they encountered a loyalist mob.

Some posters may be sick after seeing this photo

Blatantly photoshopped lol either that or Rory is still trying to make his mind up about the olympics

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2016, 12:13:40 PM

Unlike you, I am not.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trentoneill15

There are 5 Roman Papists on that set up I think, McGovern, McGinn, Ferguson, MacAodh and McLaughlin.

There are 4 English players and 1 Canadian.

I am not aware of the Republic set up but they probably have a load of Northern Catholics in their youth sides.

In 10-20 years there will be no Catholics in the NI squad at all I would think, maybe just the ones who never got a Republic call up, if they get rid of that sordid flag then that might change, a native aboriginal red hand being used as a unionist symbol doesn't make sense in the slightest.

armaghniac

Quote from: trentoneill15 on June 10, 2016, 05:00:23 PM
There are 5 Roman Papists on that set up I think, McGovern, McGinn, Ferguson, MacAodh and McLaughlin.

There are 4 English players and 1 Canadian.

I am not aware of the Republic set up but they probably have a load of Northern Catholics in their youth sides.

In 10-20 years there will be no Catholics in the NI squad at all I would think, maybe just the ones who never got a Republic call up, if they get rid of that sordid flag then that might change, a native aboriginal red hand being used as a unionist symbol doesn't make sense in the slightest.

Hopefully in 10-20 there will be no NI squad, period
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tonto

I must say when we qualified I only thought about how good it was to have supported NI through the dark days and that we had finally emerged, rejuvenated on pitch and in the stands. We might not have the stars of other teams or the proven manager, but Michael O'Neill has instilled an amazing team spirit. Despite the defections to the south that many believed had weakened our team, we've only got stronger.  Protestants, Catholics, dissenters, atheists, Buddhists, Muslims or Jews - no-one in the stands gives the slightest bit of notice, no-one cares and no-one should.  I'm just delighted that we have 11 players taking to the field on Sunday representing my wee country at a major tournament for the first time in 30 years and each one of them wants to be there.

So watch on bitters. Wish us all the ills in the world. Hate us. Call us scum. Call us bigots despite the fact that you know nothing about us. It will change nothing. We will still be there. We will still have a great time and, it's true, we will come home without a trophy, but getting there was the most important thing, anything that comes after will just be a bonus.

As the great Taylor Swift said, "haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate"  :D

For what it's worth I hope all those who are travelling from NI or the RoI, good luck, enjoy yourselves and don't come him TOO soon.

muppet

While I would rather see one team from this island, I have no problem wishing them both well in the coming weeks.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

One of my best mates is a N Ireland supporting Prod from Portadown.The only other N Ireland fan I know well enough is gawa316 who posts on here and he is sound as a pound.

Outside of the Republic Of Ireland I don't really care how any other team does but I hope the two lads I mentioned above get to see their team get a few results they can celebrate.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tonto

And in the two posts above there is more that helps to bring a sense of unity than all the bile being spouted by a couple of the usual suspects.

Enjoy the euros lads, I'm off for a few beers to watch the game tonight and then a few more in Nice on Sunday. Just an excuse for a 4 week party  8)

T Fearon

It will undoubtedly mean that most of Derby Co's first team squad,and two of Southampton's journeymen,will be playing in front of the largest crowds they've ever played in front of.

Can't get excited by North or South.To be honest the best atmosphere I enjoyed in recent years at an international match was produced by Scotland fans at Celtic Park,where some intense club rivalries were set aside to produce a passionate atmosphere laced with humour and entirely without malice.

My allegiances these days lie with Italy.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2016, 07:07:39 PM
It will undoubtedly mean that most of Derby Co's first team squad,and two of Southampton's journeymen,will be playing in front of the largest crowds they've ever played in front of.

Can't get excited by North or South.To be honest the best atmosphere I enjoyed in recent years at an international match was produced by Scotland fans at Celtic Park,where some intense club rivalries were set aside to produce a passionate atmosphere laced with humour and entirely without malice.

You and Sean Brady.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Closest you can get to the Vatican having a team I suppose. 😃 apart from our lads I'd love to see Northern Ireland do well. Still have fond memories on Spain 82 and Mexico 86. I also wouldn't mind England going well. For some reason I can't take Wales. At anything. Anyway looking forward to it and COYBIG.

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2016, 07:07:39 PM

If the reason is due to the Vatican, it actually is a separate state from Italy. But maybe they'll be involved in the 2018 qualifying for the World Cup ;)