The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

Cavan beating Meath 13 points to 4. Looks to be a positive approach from Cavan with Hayes, Connolly and Madden all starting.

Rossfan

Late Ros point makes it a 1-10 to 0-13 draw in the battle of the great powers in Gort ( FFS !! Gort !)

Westside

galwayman

Rossfan

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2015, 03:28:31 PM
Late Ros point makes it a 1-10 to 0-13 draw in the battle of the great powers in Gort ( FFS !! Gort !)

A draw just isn't good enough against a minnow like Kerry.

I suppose Westmeath getting a pasting is Tommy Carr's fault somehow too.

moysider

Absolutely. Something's always his fault. Blaming him saves time as well.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2015, 03:28:31 PM

Locals were probably wondering did both sides forget their hurls....

ross4life

A good competitive hard hitting Hasting cup game in Gort and hard earned draw which was a fair result. Shane Killoran son of the former great county midfielder Seamus scored a cracking goal. Kilcline,Kenny,Gatley impressive for us six made their U21 debuts while Burns and sub Jack Savage stood out for Kerry.

No Shane Mannion,David Neary,Ultan Harney,Tomas Corcoran,Enda Smith,Diarmuid Murtagh,Dara Pettit,Diarmuid McGann etc played today so decent strength in depth for Mark Dowd to work with by the looks of it.

Round up on the results.

Tipp 1-6 Kildare 1-5
Longford 3-14 Galway 1-7
Mayo 3-7 Westmeath 0-5
Cavan 1-15 Meath 0-5
Laois 1-13 Offaly 2-9
Roscommon 1-10 Kerry 0-13
Monaghan 1-10 Wicklow 1-8
Leitrim given win as Clare unable to field team i think.

Round 2 fixtures next Sat.

Kildare v Longford
Galway v Tipp
Meath v Roscommon
Kerry v Cavan
Mayo v Monaghan
Wicklow v Westmeath
Offaly v Leitrim
Clare v Laois

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Tipp beat Kildare in a low scoring game in Dr Morris Park in thurles. 1-6 to 1-5.

mylestheslasher

Always nice to hammer Meath.

Experimental spine to the Cavan team today, missing what I'd imagine are the Full Back, Ctr Back and two first choice midfielders. Next two games will tell more of a story. This years team have some dangerous forwards but whether the defensive qualities of last years team are still there remains to be seen. Very tough start to the Ulster championship, away to Donegal.

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 03, 2015, 07:29:15 PM
Tipp beat Kildare in a low scoring game in Dr Morris Park in thurles. 1-6 to 1-5.

Like most teams, we were probably at 50% or so full strength.  Still a win again against a good team is always welcomed. We've a great draw in munster but I think we'll be lacking going forward this year, Philip quirke (injured) and Coleman kennedy (collage in america) would be our best two attacking players, pity both are missing

AZOffaly

Didn't realise Coleman was gone to America. Fine footballer. Yeah, I saw the team, it did look a bit light alright. I'd know a few of them lads.

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2015, 10:19:36 AM
Didn't realise Coleman was gone to America. Fine footballer. Yeah, I saw the team, it did look a bit light alright. I'd know a few of them lads.

Yeah he is a player that can bring real quality to the team but don't think he's back may or so. Could be a very good addition to the seniors come then but he won't have much training and have missed out on the whole league