New Cavan Manager

Started by mylestheslasher, July 10, 2010, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Tommy Carr quit after todays hammering to cork. Would someone like peter canavan be mad enough to give it a go. Don't see any manager with a good reputation coming to cavan to risk ruining it. We are going to have to take a punt on an inexperienced man.

Frank Casey

KERRY 3:7

Zulu

I'd imagine only a Cavan man would take the job at the moment. An experienced manager wouldn't risk tainting his reputation and an up and coming ambitious one would hardly think Cavan will add to his value. No, I'd say a local man is the most likely solution. Are there any decent ones?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Zulu on July 10, 2010, 09:33:27 PM
I'd imagine only a Cavan man would take the job at the moment. An experienced manager wouldn't risk tainting his reputation and an up and coming ambitious one would hardly think Cavan will add to his value. No, I'd say a local man is the most likely solution. Are there any decent ones?
There are no obvious candidates with enough experience within the county.
Zulu,put your name in for it,and il get you at least my own clubs backing.  ;)  ;D

ross4life

Martin McHugh is available again

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zulu

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 10, 2010, 09:42:32 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 10, 2010, 09:33:27 PM
There are no obvious candidates with enough experience within the county.
Zulu,put your name in for it,and il get you at least my own clubs backing.  ;)  ;D

:D :D :D, did you not read what I said about young up and coming managers?  ;) ;D Sure I've my hands full with my current lot but if ye put a few decent underage sides together you might find me arriving on yer doorstep wondering if there's a bit of coaching to be had. You have to pick and chose your teams if you're to get ahead in this game ;)

put-it-up

Micko for a year for a lease of life and to clear out the half-hearted players?

Let a local manager do the u21's. If he gets on well, give him the job when Micko goes?

Don't know if Kingspan in their current state could afford to pay Micko's expenses though  ;D

Heard a rumour a few weeks ago about Pillar Caffrey being approached - dont know how true it is though.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: put-it-up on July 10, 2010, 10:03:56 PM
Micko for a year for a lease of life and to clear out the half-hearted players?

Let a local manager do the u21's. If he gets on well, give him the job when Micko goes?

Don't know if Kingspan in their current state could afford to pay Micko's expenses though  ;D

Heard a rumour a few weeks ago about Pillar Caffrey being approached - dont know how true it is though.
Wouldnt suprise me if he were interested due to his Cavan connections.He would be a good appointment i believe.
He would at least bring some professionalism to the set-up which has been missing during the last few regimes.

crack

Pillar Caffrey I hope this is untrue

kerrylions

micko is the only man for ye.he would sort out the deadwood.im sure ye could hold a few fundraisers to help pay his expenses ;)

full moon

Joe Kernan, probably looking for a new challenge.

Micko would have done maybe 5 years ago, just don't see it now.

Gaffer

Kernan won the All Ireland in his first year.

Harte won the All Ireland in his first year

Therefore....... Any new manager will be expected to win something in his first year.

Thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

thebandit

How did they expect to do any better on the weekend of Oxegen?

The Konica

Cavan recently have been looked on by some as a gold mine and wealthy county that can afford to pay well .... think of the men who've been in charge recently (Keoghan apart)

If Cavan haven't the coin for the big name it might not be the worst thing either.

One thing is for sure, Cavan football needs a whole level review far more than Mayo do.

Maguire01

If Cavan don't have the players it's a waste of money going for another outsider.