New Cavan Manager

Started by mylestheslasher, July 10, 2010, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Konica

There's two points made previously that dispute that ...
Someone said earlier, how can there not be players in a (big) county that eats, sleeps and breathes football 24/7?
And ... Louth would have been saying the same things about not having players a few months ago.

Cavan is not like Cork or Galway ... it's not got a 2nd sport to compete with.

mylestheslasher

I have trained and played football for a long time and my attitude is this. In any game (assuming fitness is there) the result will come from 80% attitude and the rest is skill and maybe tactics. You can have average players but get them signing of the same hymn sheet, get the believing in themselves and get them fighting for each other and they will do well. In the end they can come up against a similarly motivated team with better players and they will lose. Cavan have not had that consistenly for years. For 25 mins against Wicklow we seemed to have it but against Cork we were back to same. Cavan need a motivator someone to kick these lads up the ass. Louth and Sligo have shown what can be done. We may not have players to win Sam or even the Anglo Celt but we can do better that scoring 4 points in a whole championship match.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 11, 2010, 04:39:03 PM
I have trained and played football for a long time and my attitude is this. In any game (assuming fitness is there) the result will come from 80% attitude and the rest is skill and maybe tactics. You can have average players but get them signing of the same hymn sheet, get the believing in themselves and get them fighting for each other and they will do well. In the end they can come up against a similarly motivated team with better players and they will lose. Cavan have not had that consistenly for years. For 25 mins against Wicklow we seemed to have it but against Cork we were back to same. Cavan need a motivator someone to kick these lads up the ass. Louth and Sligo have shown what can be done. We may not have players to win Sam or even the Anglo Celt but we can do better that scoring 4 points in a whole championship match.

I was going to type that but fair play you did it for me - correct and right.

Rudi

John MaughTAN, Carr will fill his best buddie in on all the trouble makers to get rid off ;D

JMohan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 11, 2010, 04:39:03 PM

Agree
And it's not a lot to ask for either